Quantic Dream should make an Inception game

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
125ggmd.jpg

Inception is a really awesome movie, and I think that Quantic Dream would be the perfect developer to make a game that taps into its universe. They could have lots of interesting gameplay involving navigating through other people's dreams and potentially create some very cool puzzles out of it all, and best of all they have the ability make in-game storytelling feel compelling (even if their actual stories aren't always so hot).

What say you? Should there be an Inception video game, if not by Quantic Dream then by another developer?

Inception deserve no video game at all, stop wanted video game for everything.
Plus, Quantic Dream is a bunch of egocentric men (mostly David Cage and his big ego) who make "concept" more than games. Look at Heavy Rain, it's just a giant QTE game. If David Cage want to make movie, he just have to sit behind a camera and do it.

The thing is, Video Game and Cinema (or Music, Painting, and other arts) are not similar at all. HR was a strange mix of these two and at the end it's not really a game, it's more like a interactive film and that is not what video game should be. As long as these two will be that much identical, as much video game would not be an "art" in people's mind.

Ok, I know, HR had good review. Personnaly, I don't understand why. But if the future of Video Game are that kind of thing, it will be without me (and the video game as an art will probably die at the end). Just because, once again, it's not a video game, it's not even a "game" litteraly speaking.

Quantic Dream couldn't handle a game like Inception. Heavy Rain's a good game, but Quantic are not a good dev. They've left numerous plot holes and game glitches in Heavy Rain, the story itself is pretty dumb and lazy, and the promise of a "different decision, different game" actually works in about 3 scenes.

Any other dev could have handeled that game better especially given the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"