Quantum Leap

SpideyInATree

Chillin' Like a Villain
Reaction score
Last week I just found out that there were DVD's of the greatest television show of all time, Quantum Leap.

There has GOT to be fellow fans of this wonderful series on this board.

And if you're not a fan. I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this to anyone, especially if you're into time traveling. Even for a series made in 1989 it was far ahead of it's time.

So lets dicuss some Quantum Leap. I feel like a little kid again. :O

im a fan.tis sad the way it ended.i hope the movie is good though.

Do any reality-jumping TV series get good endings? Sliders had a crappy ending, too. :(

That'd be cool. Lame title, but a new series would definitely be interesting. The minimal effects that Quantum Leap demands would be really cheap, too, which is right up the Sci Fi Channel's alley.

the last news was in 2004 and maybe a little in 2005 so it seems slightly dead, but it will come out soon or maybe never

Baluka is fee now though cause enterprise is over....he was busy than, now he is free!

WI'v never herd of a movie but a Bold Leap Forward seems to be the next step in continung the series. Making a movie isnt a great idea in my mind, sure the series is great and popular but not alot of people know about it today and it will have bad BO and that will kill any thign else comin from the franchise

so they should come out with a sequel series to Quantum Leap than kill the franchise with a movie...:( :)

I agree, I'd rather see a new series than a movie. Though I'll take what I can get, heh.

Its great having the DVD's again. I've got the first two seasons right now, I'm currently like five episodes into the second season. Man, even today those shows are still sort of ahead of their time.

I feel that the show could catch on even with a new audience. Sci Fi should get the rights to play the reruns of the original series to spark interest.

SpideyInATree said:
I agree, I'd rather see a new series than a movie. Though I'll take what I can get, heh.

Its great having the DVD's again. I've got the first two seasons right now, I'm currently like five episodes into the second season. Man, even today those shows are still sort of ahead of their time.

I feel that the show could catch on even with a new audience. Sci Fi should get the rights to play the reruns of the original series to spark interest.
Sci Fi already reruns the original series. Just at weird times during random days rather than regularly, like they do with Stargate and other, more recent shows.

I have to start watching more Sci Fi channel. Before I found out about the DVD's I was watching the episodes on this weird ass channel on digital cable and they only played Quantum Leap every Saturday at like midnight. And the episodes wouldn't be in order either, which made things suck.

But I really hope they go through with doing this regular series. Though from what it sounds like it may not have the exact magic of the first series, but I'll take anything.

Though I actually liked the ending of the series. "Sam never returned home". It was just so god damn sad but how else was it supposed to end?

But Hopefully A Bold Leap Forward or any other sequel series will expalin the fate of Sam....

I was never really into this show, I think it conflicted with something else I was watching. But I'm interested in checking it out.

tzarinna said:
I was never really into this show, I think it conflicted with something else I was watching. But I'm interested in checking it out.

The first four seasons are on DVD! Check them out. Though the first season DVD is weird because it's only got 8 episodes on it since Quantum Leap started at as a mid-season replacement.

SpideyInATree said:
I have to start watching more Sci Fi channel. Before I found out about the DVD's I was watching the episodes on this weird ass channel on digital cable and they only played Quantum Leap every Saturday at like midnight. And the episodes wouldn't be in order either, which made things suck.

But I really hope they go through with doing this regular series. Though from what it sounds like it may not have the exact magic of the first series, but I'll take anything.

Though I actually liked the ending of the series. "Sam never returned home". It was just so god damn sad but how else was it supposed to end?
With Sam returning home, maybe? I've never liked seeing series end without any sense of closure. Sliders, Farscape, Firefly--they all had open-ended finales that left me wanting more. Luckily, for the latter two I actually got to see more, which wrapped things up nicely, but to this day, I sometimes sit around and wonder, "Did Remy really die on that last slide? Did Quinn ever get un-merged with his other self?" Stuff like that. :(

SpideyInATree said:
The first four seasons are on DVD! Check them out. Though the first season DVD is weird because it's only got 8 episodes on it since Quantum Leap started at as a mid-season replacement.

That's cool thanks :up:

Now if they would only indulge my sick desire and put 'Catwalk' and 'Young Herclues' on DVD :mad:

TheCorpulent1 said:
With Sam returning home, maybe? I've never liked seeing series end without any sense of closure. Sliders, Farscape, Firefly--they all had open-ended finales that left me wanting more. Luckily, for the latter two I actually got to see more, which wrapped things up nicely, but to this day, I sometimes sit around and wonder, "Did Remy really die on that last slide? Did Quinn ever get un-merged with his other self?" Stuff like that. :(

Maybe they ended like that to leave it open for a return. But I see what you mean. If they knew that the series was ending they could have made it a little more uplifting, heh. I remember when that episode actually aired though, my mom was crying like a baby.

Yeah, it's usually not the creators' fault. I don't know how it worked for Quantum Leap, but for Farscape the creators ended the last season on a cliffhanger, fully expecting the Sci Fi Channel to pick them up for another season. Instead they got canceled out of nowhere and had to wrap up all their loose ends in a 4-hour mini-series.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Yeah, it's usually not the creators' fault. I don't know how it worked for Quantum Leap, but for Farscape the creators ended the last season on a cliffhanger, fully expecting the Sci Fi Channel to pick them up for another season. Instead they got canceled out of nowhere and had to wrap up all their loose ends in a 4-hour mini-series.

Ouch. That sucks. I never watched Farscape before but if it was my favorite show I'd have been livid. :o

When are people going to learn you never come between a nerd and his/her favorite television shows. :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"