Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhawk23

Wrestlin'
Reaction score
Tarantino appeared on the Tonight Show tonight, partially to promote the Trade for the Django Unchained comic. Jay asked QT about what he's currently working on. Tarantino responded:

I can't say much about that, and I haven't spoken about this at all publicly but I can tell you the genre. It's a Western. It's not a Django sequel but it's another Western, and the thing is I had so much fun doing Django, and I love Westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one it like oh well okay now that I know how to make one let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing.

Edit: Here's video.

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/quentin-tarantino-writing-new-western-film/n43741

Last edited:
Another Tarantino Western could be interesting. I don't think I've disliked any of his movies, although the Grindhouse collaboration was something of a letdown.

Death Proof is fine for what it is, but what it is was a bit of a misguided move to begin with. I think he was successful in making the film he set out to make though. There is some very good stuntwork and works far better as a 70s-esque film than Planet Terror did, even if I enjoyed Planet terror quite a bit.

Actually as I am typing this I just realized I am currently wearing a shirt for Eli Roth's "Thanksgiving" trailer. Hahaha

I'd wager he will make far more of a straight up Western this time around.

Another Tarantino western? Please count me in and keep me updated!

I'm really hoping that he can move away from revenge plots for a little while. His last decade of films has been pretty much nothing but.

Awesome.

But part of me wishes he'd do a present day movie after doing two period ones.

kind of wish he'd do either a present day movie or something set in the 70s or 80s

but either way, i will no doubt watch it. never miss a Tarantino film :up:

I hope it's as entertaining as Django Unchained.

I'm really hoping that he can move away from revenge plots for a little while. His last decade of films has been pretty much nothing but.
i agree. i dont care where the movie is set. just something different.

Death Proof is fine for what it is, but what it is was a bit of a misguided move to begin with. I think he was successful in making the film he set out to make though. There is some very good stuntwork and works far better as a 70s-esque film than Planet Terror did, even if I enjoyed Planet terror quite a bit.

Actually as I am typing this I just realized I am currently wearing a shirt for Eli Roth's "Thanksgiving" trailer. Hahaha

Haha, I have that shirt too! I was so hoping Eli would actually make his Thanksgiving movie. Is that even happening anymore? Hell, does Eli even direct anymore?

Also, agree with you in full about the two Grindhouse films. Tarantino's movie does fit more into that crappy 70's horror film style, but overall, it's not a very entertaining movie outside of the car chases and Kurt Russell's somewhat underused character. Planet Terror on the other hand is enjoyable from start to finish.

Wasn't he planning to make a film out of the war between americans and brits back in the 1700s?

Eli Roth recently premiered a movied called Green Inferno which is in the Cannibal Holocaust vein.

I loved Django Unchained but i was hoping that he'd tackle a different genre this time around

I'm sure he'll be able to make it distinct in terms of the visual language. Keep in mind he qualified Django as a "southern." So if he's really doing a straight up western this should be just as interesting. But I do like to the idea of this and Django existing around the same era.

I liked Django, not one of my biggest Tarantino favorites though, so I think he has more to give in the genre for sure.

Loved Django so another western from QT would be welcomed. Only films of his I didnt like was Deathproof and Inglorius took two viewings to "get it" but for me he pretty much always delivers. Cant wait to see what he does next whether a western again or not.

I'm sure he'll be able to make it distinct in terms of the visual language. Keep in mind he qualified Django as a "southern." So if he's really doing a straight up western this should be just as interesting. But I do like to the idea of this and Django existing around the same era.
Maybe the a homage to the Trinity films? I think Tarantino likes the old spaghetti westerns of the seventies.. He even had one of the Trinity theme songs at the end of Django.
He can even have the original actors in cameos.

But Trinity as a "northern western"? No, the bad guys used to be mexicans so it takes place very far south. Unless he change it and move it up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"