Question about the Wii memory...

Delusive

Civilian
Reaction score
Can the Wii save Gamecube games? Does it accept Gamecube memory cards? What about saving downloaded old Nintendo games? Could that be done on Gamecube memory cards?

Also, what's all this stuff about "virtual console" games?

I haven't checked up on the latest news about Wii except for all the Twlight Princess goodness!

Well, IGN is always a good place to look for everything-Wii. Just type "IGN Wii" in the search bar on Google and it should be the first link.

Anyway, I can answer a few of your questions. The Virtual Console is essentially another gaming platform altogether, where you can download past Nintendo games from an online store and save them on one of your Wii Channels. You can also save these games onto your SD card. Other games from past systems like Sega and Turbo-Grafix will also make their way onto the Virtual Console. It is also entirely possible that previously exclusive titles on other console can make their way to the Vitrual Console.

I don't think the Wii can "save" GameCube games. But I do believe it will accept the memory cards.

Yea, good idea about checking up on IGN, I usually keep updated on this stuff but I've been busy.

Thanks for answering my question and I'd assume if I saved the Virtual Console game on my "Wii Channel" I wouldn't be able to play that game at another place (if I took my Wii) unless I had internet access but if I were to save it on the SD card, I would be able to? Also, the memory in the Wii is a card type isn't it, or do we just get one memory unit to hopefully be able to use for the rest of the console's life span?

Now to go to IGN and search!

Delusive said:
Can the Wii save Gamecube games? Does it accept Gamecube memory cards? What about saving downloaded old Nintendo games? Could that be done on Gamecube memory cards?

I haven't checked up on the latest news about Wii except for all the Twlight Princess goodness!

were have you been the past year?

iambilly81 said:
were have you been the past year?

I knew all about the ability to download older games (that's one of its selling points to me), I just never saw it anything about it being apart of the "Virtual Console."

And the fact that, literally, I haven't looked that much at the Wii over the past year (I still knew about downloadable games from last E3).

It doesn't mean I wasn't interested in it, I was just waiting for it to be close to release before I got overly excited.

Delusive said:
Can the Wii save Gamecube games?

To the hard drive? Probably not.

Does it accept Gamecube memory cards?

Yes
revknow_embed002.jpg

What about saving downloaded old Nintendo games? Could that be done on Gamecube memory cards?

Old games, Virtual Console games, will go to the Wii hard drive or some external memory storage (ie SD card, USB key, external hard drive, etc.)

It's the program where you get the old games from. Basically the Wii version of Xbox Live Arcade Marketplace

Question if anyone can answer it, could I just save my stuff on a usb flash drive? Hoping I can, otherwise I'll need to buy an sd card.

Yeah. Though I think an SD card would be more convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"