Quick IC question

Superman: Idols

Lord of Unseen Cities
Reaction score
I know this is a question asked a lot, but so far I haven't heard a clear answer:

There is the seven-part "Infinite Crisis" hardback. There is also the "infinite Crisis Companion." What is the order in which I should read these? Do I read the Companion first, read it along with IC, or what?

Also, are there plans for some sort of Absolute Infinite Crisis that would make things a lot easier?

no absolute any time in the next 3 years. it's hard to tell what you should do. the companion is intertwined w/IC, but if you didn't read the 4 mini's, both of them will make less sense so...find a chronological timeline of when they came out and read the individual issues according to that???

The IC Companion is the one with the Special issues of the four IC prelude minis right?

It's been a while since I read them but I don't think it spoils much of what happens in IC if you read those first. If you haven't already I would recommend you read the OMAC and Villains United minis before you start on the companion and IC. The other two minis weren't really that important.
If you don't want to take a chance on being spoiled you could check up the release schedule of the issues. I think it went like this: IC1-DayofVengeanceSpecial-IC2-Rann/ThanagarSpecial-IC3-OMACSpecial-IC4-VillainsUnitedSpecial-IC4->

You might also want to check up on what happened in a story called Crisis on Infinite Earths (wikipedia has a short summary if you don't want to buy/read it).

Since you brought up Crisis on Infinite Earths...does the Absolute veriosn of that have the crossovers? This might give us a hint on what DC plans to do with the Absolute IC.

Superman: Idols said:
Since you brought up Crisis on Infinite Earths...does the Absolute veriosn of that have the crossovers? This might give us a hint on what DC plans to do with the Absolute IC.

No, the Absolute COIE only has the 12 mini (maxi?) issues plus some extras like interviews sketches and the like. I haven't seen it though so I don't know if they talk about the crossover stories/plots but they aren't printed.

I wouldn't hold out for an IC Absolute Edition. They might make one but it won't come out for a while yet. If I remember correctly it took 2 years before the Hush one came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"