Question about pre crisis supergirl and power powergirl

kieron39

Sidekick
Reaction score
in infinite crisis wasnt earth 2 superman the superman from pre crisis. and didnt he already have a cousin kara who was the supergirl and then died. my question is hows is power girl/kara also the cousin of earth 2 superman?? or does he have 2 cousins named kara or have i got it all wrong?

(Srry bout the title, i repeater the word power)

Earth-2 Superman is the original, golden-age, Superman
His cousin is Powergirl, there is no Earth-2 Supergirl

Earth-1 Superman is the pre-crisis, silver-age, Superman
His cousin is Supergirl and she died during the crisis.

okay, i kinda get it, but i dont, if earth one is the pre crisis version how come hes still so young?

They are both pre-crisis.

Earth 2 Superman is the Superman from the forties who fought along side Alan Scott Green Lantern and Jay Garrick Flash.

Earth 1 Superman is the Superman from the sixties revival of super heroes who fought alongside Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Barry Allen Flash.

Check out Wikipedia for a better history lesson. I don't really have the time or the patience to type it all out for you.

DC continuity can be a little confusing at first, but after you read it over it's not really that hard to understand.

Best of luck to you.

urgh! thats the only thing about DC, they never make their history easy to catch up with.
thanks any way.

Purple Man said:
They are both pre-crisis.

Earth 2 Superman is the Superman from the forties who fought along side Alan Scott Green Lantern and Jay Garrick Flash.

Earth 1 Superman is the Superman from the sixties revival of super heroes who fought alongside Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Barry Allen Flash.

Check out Wikipedia for a better history lesson. I don't really have the time or the patience to type it all out for you.

DC continuity can be a little confusing at first, but after you read it over it's not really that hard to understand.

Best of luck to you.
I admit you are abrasive,.. but you get your point across,.. Props

I agree with Purple man, but the thing is, the current Superman isn't Earth 1 Superman. He's what you would called the Post-Crisis Superman.

Earth 2 Superman was the original. The one from the Golden Age of comics. That would be the 40's. This Superman had Powergirl.

Then in the late fifties, Early 60's, there was a superhero revival, which brought us Earth 1 Superman. This one had Supergirl, who died during the Crisis.

When the Crisis was over, there was officially a new Superman. He was mostly made up of what is known as Earth 1 Superman, but with a few changes to his history. He's not Earth 1 Supes, but an entirely different Superman really. Earth 1 Supes was simply folded into the current.

Power girl somehow survived the Crisis, and the Post-Crisis Version of the original Supergirl just showed up in the current continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"