Supergirl Rank 'Em: Top 5 Episodes by Season

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
I just recently realized we hadn't had one of these types of ranking threads in a while, and since I've been considering a SG re-watch soon to gear up for all the Superman goodness about to grace our screens on the crossover, I'm in the headspace for this. It's easy - what are your top 5 eps of each season and why?

I won't be doing mine 'til my re-watch, so in the meantime, here are the Top 5's from IMDB's episode user-voted ratings... excluding the crossover eps ("World's Finest," "Medusa," and "Crisis on Earth-X: Part 1") because the crossover factor kind of automatically inflates their ratings to the top of each season, which is boring and has little to do with their quality as Supergirl episodes. But to be clear, feel free to include crossover eps in YOUR rankings, should you feel they are actually Top 5 episodes of that season.

IMDB's 5 Top-Rated Supergirl Episodes by Season (minus crossovers) + my thoughts:

Season 1

1.) "Falling" (8.7) - as it should be.
2.) "Manhunter" (8.2) - I don't even remember this episode, lol.
3.) "Human for a Day" (8.1) - I just never felt the love for this ep that most people did.
4.) "Hostile Takeover" (8.1) - This is the first ep of the show where I saw it's potential, so it'll probably be on my list, too.
5.) "Strange Visitor from Another Planet" (8.1) - The White Martian episode? ...Ok? Wait, this is because Melissa's then-real-life husband first showed up in it, right? I see you inflating this rating, Glee fans!

FC's general thoughts on IMDB's top-rated episodes of S1:
I'm not exactly S1's biggest fan (I think it was mostly near-unwatchable garbage), BUT even then I think these are some really random episodes to be so highly rated. Only two of them will likely make my list.

Season 2

1.) "Adventures of Superman" (8.4) - Duh. After awkwardly talking around Superman for a year, they finally gave him to us, and he was glorious. No surprise this is rated so highly.
2.) "Last Children of Krypton" (8.2) - see #1.
3.) "Exodus" (8.2) - and all this time I thought this ep was underrated. Ha!
4.) "Welcome to Earth" (8.0) - Huh? Maybe the Lynda Carter factor? Oh wait, this introduced Maggie Sawyer. I see you inflating this rating, Sanvers fans!
5.) "Luthors" (8.0) - the actual underrated episode of S2, I guess.

FC's general thoughts on IMDB's top-rated episodes of S2: Not how I'd rank 'em, but better than S1. S2 actually had a lot of episodes I really liked, so boiling them down to a top 5 might be difficult for me, unlike S1.

Season 3

1.) "Reign" (8.6) - Not surprised. They delivered on this one.
2.) "Midvale" (8.3) - Ditto.
3.) "Wake Up" (7.9) - eeeehhhh....
4.) "Legion of Superheroes" (7.9) - ok these ratings are getting weirder.
5.) "Girl of Steel" (7.8) - this one I kind of get. This was a good - very different, but well-crafted - premiere.

FC's general thoughts on IMDB's top-rated episodes of S3: WTF. I actually think S3 was an improvement over the previous one, and included some of the series' best episodes to date...only 1 of which is in this top 5. "The Faithful" not being a top-rated ep is a damn crime, imo. I just have to blame it on the fact that it was a very low-key ep, but SO well-acted and, yes, even well-written, imo. I want to blame shippers for these wack ratings, but I don't even know which ones would be to blame...I just know both the Karamel and SuperCorp camps both raged at this season a lot, lol.

So that's how the IMDB voting public would rank 'em. What are your top 5's for the first 3 seasons?

Last edited:
Think it’s too dodfufdky for me to do 5 from every season. I didn’t even know if there’s 5 in S2 and S3 that I’d even consider good.

Gonna have to think about this one...

Season 1: Worlds Finest, Falling, Human For a Day, Hostile Takeover, Pilot
Season 2: The Adventures of Supergirl, The Last Children of Krypton, Medusa, Changing, Exodus
Season 3: Midvale, Reign, Girl of Steel.

Haven't watched the second half of S3 nor the first five episodes of this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"