Iron Fist Rate and Rank Iron Fist Season 1

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
You can rank episodes individually or rank it in comparison to the other Netflix shows/seasons.

How good do you think the show is?

Daredevil - 9.0/10
Jessica Jones - 8.5/10
Luke Cage - 8.0/10
Iron Fist 7.5/10

The real shame is that, in my opinion, the shows have progressively gotten worse. I hope Marvel can learn from their mistakes going forward. Here's hoping Defenders and Punisher break the trend.

5/10. Those 5 points are earned by early season Danny, Jessica Henwick, Harold, Hogarth and the karaoke guy.

Jj s1 8.5/10
dd s1 7.5/10
if s1 6.5/10
dd s1 6.0/10
lc s1 4.0/10

If I have to give it a rank, gun to my head... 5/10. It actually was still better than the average episode of a CW show, but given that even though I thought LC was also less than it could be this STILL was below even that... Yeah, for me that says something.

I think I said it elsewhere, it's about a seven. Even the worst episode was more good than bad and it picked up by the end. It's an unfortunate step down compared to everything else, though.

8/10, it was pretty good, I liked it more than Luke Cage or Agent Carter.

6/10. It reminded me of those smaller scaled Marvel movies in the 2000s that got bad reviews.

I'd give it a 7.5, which rounds up to 8. I thought it did a great job of capturing someone who isn't used to questioning things having to question everything he knew and believed. Plus I thought the Kung Fu was short but sweet. It gave me Highlander the Series flashbacks.

DD season 1- 10/10
Jessica Jones - 8/10
DD season 2 - 9/10
Luke Cage - 8/10
Iron Fist - 7.5/10

I think my rankings are about like everyone else. DD seasons 1 and 2 are the cream of the crop. Jessica Jones is not far off quality wise. Luke Cage probably a notch below that and Iron Fist bringing up the rear.

I actually enjoyed Iron Fist better than Luke Cage though, because I thought Cottonmouth was the better bad guy in Luke Cage, and I thought Diamond back was rather corny. When Cottonmouth dies, alot of wind was let out of the sails. Harold Meachum was a great bad guy and there was just some really fun stuff they did with that character, and I'm glad they kept him around until the end.

But production wise, I'd agree that Luke Cage was a bit better.

5/10, and I'm being generous here. I give it that mostly due to really liking Colleen. And also seeing Hogarth and Claire again, plus a few of the fight scenes were good.

But it's easily the weakest of these shows so far, with the blandest lead character/actor so far as well.

6/10. It reminded me of those smaller scaled Marvel movies in the 2000s that got bad reviews.

Yeah I hear you on that Ben Affleck Daredevil or Ang Lee Hulk...

/sigh. Marvel, shape up or ship out. :p [BLACKOUT]JKJK! I LOVE MARVEL[/BLACKOUT]

1. Daredevil (both seasons tied)
2. Jessica Jones
3. Luke Cage
4. Iron Fist

You know what it reminded me the most of? The Punisher movie with Dolph Lundgren.

7/10. Not as good as the other MCU shows, better than the CW ones.

7/10. Not as good as the other MCU shows, better than the CW ones.

That's for damn sure.

Daredevil - 10/10
Daredevil S2 - 9/10
Iron Fist - 8/10
Luke Cage - 6.5/10
Jessica Jones - 4/10

Nothing wrong with being the middle of THAT pack.

The reaction amongst fans of Marvel Netflix is incredible. I mean there is literally no consensus anywhere. I've read people say its everything, from the best series to the worst.

I wonder how much prior knowledge of the character has to do with whether you liked the show or hated it.

There's no logical train of thought that would lead someone to believe this is the best of the four series. I won't argue with:
- Not the worst
- Better than the critics say
- has its merits

But best? Daredevil has way better action and choreography. Jessica Jones and Daredevil both have better villains. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are way more unique and impactful in their statements. Luke Cage's soundtrack is way better.

Iron Fist doesn't break the mold with just about anything.

I would rank Iron Fist just below Jessica Jones even with it's issues. I felt JJ peaked at around six episodes and then kept regurgitating the need to remind us how awful Killgrave is for the remainder of the series. I found it far more entertaining than Luke Cage due to LC's horrid lead, heavy handed handling of its themes that almost come off as pandering and poor action sequences. I prefer to pretend AOS and Agent Carter don't exist. Daredevil is the best thing to come out of the MCU.

As a whole, Marvel/Netflix really need to trim the episode count down to 8-10 episodes rather than 13. I think that would solve a lot of issues that these shows have.

Last edited:
For me the Netflix seasons are like this

1. Daredevil Season 2
2. Jessica Jones
3. Iron Fist
4. Luke Cage
5. Daredevil Season 1

It had some good moments here and there but overall this series had a lot more problems than other Netflix shows especially at the start of it. The first few episodes are a hard watch and consist of Danny Rand trying to convince everyone he is Danny Rand and veryone else telling him he isnt, not exactly exciting stuff plus it feels like we have been here many times before with Batman Begins and Arrow and it never really tried to anything different with it, rather cliched and dull.

The shows two main problems are that Danny is a hard character to like and not overly convincing as a "living weapon" and the other main issue is the fight choreography is pretty poor in comparison to other modern stuff around, it pales into comparison to Daredevil before even comparing it to the John Wick/Raid's of this world, they really need to step that up a level or two next season. The fights lacked any weight or danger to them.

The show did improve as it went on and some of the characters became more interesting as they developed but the writing was all over the shop and motivations swung from one extreme to another far too often to make much sense at times you wonder why some of them bother talking to each other again after some episodes, lol, plus the amount of repitition of calling Danny the Iron Fist and times his "Chi" was brought up was nauseating.

The biggest problem to overcome is Danny himself as the actor playing him just isnt convincing me and his attempts at being "stern" or "threatening" just seem way to OTT and forced.

For a rating I think the most I could give it is a 6 out of ten and thats being generous, I wanted to like it more and there are things in it which are good enough to make things better, Colleen, Gao, even the Meacham's improved as the series went on but it needs to step up in a lot of areas to make me care about another series. Its a shame as was really hoping a kung fu show set in the Marvel Netflix universe would kick series butt, but it was pretty weak sauce in the end and felt like I could stand a chance in a fight with Danny Rand.

Last edited:
I wa snot sure about 7 or 8. Settled on 8 in the end because i liked it better than Luke Cage. Would rate Luke Cage in the same area between 7 and 8.
On top is still Daredevil followed by Jessica Jones.

1. DD Season 2
2. Daredevil
3. Luke Cage
4. Iron Fist
5. Jessica Jones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"