Inhumans RATE and REVIEW the Complete Season of INHUMANS

Reaction score
For those who have seen the finale and the first vii episodes. How would you rate the entire series?:woot:

For those who have seen the finale and the first vii episodes. How would you rate the entire series?:woot:

On a scale of 1 to 10 its a 1. It's one of the worst piece of crap Marvel has ever done and I'm including the worst Fox and Sony films. Maybe that piece of syndicated crap Mutant X was as bad.

At least the promos for the last season of AOS looks great.

Out of 10?

This show is awful. I've said it before on this forum, I can forgive bad effects and I can forgive poor wardrobe but there has to be good storytelling. The overall plot lines for InHumans is good but the details in the writing, the story arcs, the dialog, the character development was so poorly done on just about every level. Iron Fist got a lot of flak but at least the story made sense, at least the character's motivation made sense, at least there was a few fights scenes that were fun. This series had none of that, all of which is just the bare bones basics for telling a story.

They way the show was filmed and edited was amazingly bad. I can't remember the last time watching a show and every shot made me think it was done by an amateur. Music choice and editing almost never felt in sync. And the cutting for fight sequences was terrible.

When this show was announced I was excited. I love the idea of a limited series filmed in IMAX. I thought that at the very least the would have hired good cinematographers and editors. Not even the best but just good and they couldn't even do that. The basic premise and cast had so much potential this show could have been anywhere from just fun to great and completely missed the mark.

That's the basics of what made this a terrible series but there's so much to hate on it's quicker to point out what was good. I like most of the actors, sure the material they were given was awful and their potential performance suffered. The effects were okay, Lockjaw looked great, wish he was an actual character who showed personality. Basically they were good but we need to not only see more of it, but see it in a dynamic way. Anson Mount did a great job, a role like that is easy to over preform or under preform and I think he nailed it. Also helps that he didn't actually have any of the terribly written dialog. And the basic plot structure is good.

Too bad everything else was awful. Some much potential lost.

Unless their plans for a season 2 is Emmy worthy, let's just sweep this under the rug and forget about it.

Thank god Punisher comes out next week.

Ok, so after watching the last episode, one thing is abundantly clear to me, this show should've been almost entirely on Attilan. The last couple of episodes, while still somewhat flawed, were way better than most of the season. I have no idea why the creative team behind this chose to spend 5 episodes with the family split up on Earth. Terrible.

I think the other problems with this have been enumerated many times here, but on the positive side the finale was decent. There were a couple of nice nods at the end, Black Bolt looked pretty good. Also, there seemed to be a couple of unanswered questions. All in all, this is definitely the worst thing in the MCU, however I still think this could improve dramatically under the right showrunner and writing team, there is just enough to warrant saving in my opinion.

5/10 is probably about right. I might even go lower.

On one to ten, I'd probably go with a five. There are moments of things I really enjoyed, but there's a lot of plot developments that are just handled sloppily. The opening intrigue was far too rushed, which led to Maximus being wasted. I get what they were doing with the human sideplots, but they felt completely tacked on. There's potential here, but a lot of obvious flaws.

4/10.
I agree with all that you folks said.
I wonder why the general audience not already vested in these characters should even care. That's the biggest flaw of the show.

I'll be generous and give it a 2. Medusa getting her hair shaved in Ep1 just to save on special effects dollars was dumb. At that point she became just an interpreter for BB.

Also, killing and then resurrecting Gorgon was a side-bar waste of time as well. It almost seemed like they were going for a love b/t Gorgon and Karnac, but were afraid to commit to it. Either go or don't go. Don't do this half-assed stuff.

Hopefully SHIELD will delve into who was orchestrating the exodus of Inhumans. Presumably either SHIELD or Stark, but they gave no hints on that one.

I gave it a 7.

I will admit I really didn't know much about the inhumans before this show so I really didn't have any expectations. I am guessing most who rate it low probably had certain expectations how this would be and that dampered any positive stuff they could get out of the series. For me it was basically 1 hour of fluff for the past 8 weeks and it was entertaining enough to keep my interest. Evrything rated somewhere between average to good with nothing stand out great or bad.

I give the show a 5. That's probably pretty generous considering just how flawed this series is. Overall, the show is not very good -- much of the story is poorly conceived and poorly executed. The basic plot concept is good and solid, but the execution is frustratingly shortsighted and uninteresting.

I like most of the actors, and I think they're trying as hard as they can to make the show work. The problem is that the scripts don't give them a lot of good stuff to work with. In too many episodes, the script fails to build interest and excitement. Instead, it just slogs along from one scene to another, pointing out things that are happening. When I watch something, I want to feel sucked into the story so that every scene leaves me intrigued about what is going on and excited about what's going to happen next. Unfortunately, this only happened sporadically, at best, for me when I watched this show.

Since I'm a Marvel comics fan, I did enjoy picking out various Marvel Easter eggs and various references to Inhuman lore from the comics. However, this wasn't enough to make the storylines interesting. The biggest problems came during the episodes when the Inhuman royal family members were all separated from each other on Earth. This was a big mistake by the writers because it robbed the Inhuman characters of opportunities to interact more with each other, and thus make me more interested in them as characters. Also, most of the human characters they met on Earth were so dull.

It was also very disappointing that we only got ONE episode in the entire season where Medusa got to do cool stuff with her hair. Then her hair was all shaved away towards the end of the VERY FIRST episode, and she essentially had no Inhuman powers at all for the rest of the season. I was hoping that Medusa would somehow get her hair back in the season finale, but no such luck.

I loved Lockjaw whenever he was onscreen, and the members of the Inhuman royal family had some occasional good moments and good scenes. But overall, it was difficult to grow attached to them because the scripts didn't make a huge effort to make them understandable or multidimensional as characters.

Since I'm a Marvel fan, I'm still glad that I watched the series for the good elements that were to be found among all the bad elements. But the show is still a big disappointment because it's definitely not up to Marvel's usual high standards.

Maybe a 5 or so. Lots of pretty meh, but some good in there too. I thought Karnak's arc was good. I thought Ken Leung did a great job with the character. And that might be what helped me perceive overall to be a 5... plus the notion that this has to be playing into bringing the Kree into things and a some likely alignment with AOS, just that idea sounds kinda intriguing... even though it's going to likely be the excuse to have characters from both properties not be around on Earth for the events of Avengers 4, which you'd think they'd be involved with.

Oh yeah.... also thought Triton was almost not existent and looked like ****e... but there in those last couple episodes... wanted to see more of that action.

To paraphrase Director Fury Do you think that you are the only Inhumans on this world? You are part of a bigger universe, act like it.

There was no Whedon or movie side running interference they had two years of Inhuman lore and the greater society's reaction to them, Hydra, Watchdogs, Hive.... to draw upon instead or trying to run a clean game of a cards of thrones of 1400 subjects.

The power or at least the force multiplier of the MCU and the supposed reason for Disney to force ABC to keep a show on the air is the connections. I still can't figure out if this was real time with the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D or perhaps running with the first batch of Inhumans to emerge after the battle on the Illiad.

After Triton was "killed" we had just about no heroic deeds. Super powered does not equal superhero you can just as easily be a supervillain. And throwing your own people in the mines while the king with the perfect mining tool luxuriated with his wife, well from everything I saw they needed to be deposed we just did not need 8 hours of it before turning someone into a hero at a later date.

The real world also changed when Ironman emerged. It is amazing that FOX has The Gifted has new mutants working as a team with the powers, along with The Flash easily moving among the CW/DC shows yet we suppressed all of that on ABC Disney for budget reasons. The low budget stuff won't fly anymore, go big or go home. Inhuman royalty go home. I only completed it because, well MCU zombie. Give it a 2

PS
If my writer friend from the Trekker community is right about standard writer's contracts then the IMAX release allows the royal characters to be used cheaply on the MCU films so they can be used as background fighters in an Avengers movie where as TV writers hold rights like musicians do for a song, so a Daisy Johnson/Quake appearance is not likely.

I stopped watching the show after the 5th episode because every episode just seemed to repeat itself, lack of any excitement, cutting off Medusa's hair made her well not her and no mask on blackbolt or using any powers except once or any flight or anything. There seemed to be more talking back and forth than anything which bored me. I hope this gets cancelled or redone into a better movie cause they are good characters but it lacked a lot from the comics and they were weak in the series.

Didn't get passed the 4th ep. I'm still mourning the potential of this show. They actually had some decent ideas but it got rushed out so damn quickly.

I think Inhumans got announced after Cloak and Dagger, but they've spent more time and attention to C&D than they did Inhumans.

inhumans was shot, released and cancelled in less time it took for C&D to even get released. How crazy is that?

Didn't get passed the 4th ep. I'm still mourning the potential of this show. They actually had some decent ideas but it got rushed out so damn quickly.

I think Inhumans got announced after Cloak and Dagger, but they've spent more time and attention to C&D than they did Inhumans.

inhumans was shot, released and cancelled in less time it took for C&D to even get released. How crazy is that?

I suspect it was intentionally sunk.

It's sadly pretty straight-forward. IMAX wanted a Labor Day release. Freeform was in no rush to bring it to screen. I think it's dumb. If they wanted an IMAX release, it needed a much longer production period, not less, but I understood the motivation. It's a shame they couldn't have released it September 2018 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"