Legion RATE the First Season of LEGIXN

VII. Strong acting and overall story, but they fell victim to style over substance a few times. It became hard to follow and it's like they wanted to focus more on how something looked instead of progressing the story in a more coherent fashion.

I rated it VII for the same reason (although I really liked the aesthetic, cinematography, and overall look of the show quite a bit). From my way of thinking, I just couldn't make sense of certain things at times.

I didn't have a big problem with story progression though. I don't mind things being left open to interpretation or not being answered but wished basic things weren't ignored at times (while ep.8 far better than expected from preview people being left in telekinetic tornado while dealing with shadow king or how exactly bodies were fried in ep.1 some examples). Some things could've been defined a bit more as well (like Eye's powers or how they were able to pull off stopping the bullets in episode 7) .

This was a 9.5 for me.

Loved this show.

IX.

I was very impressed. I just finished it today. I'd been watching over the last few days since it is leaving Hulu soon, and I'd heard positive things. It was confusing at first, though I guess it was meant to be. But it was always very mesmerizing and the performances from the whole cast were great. The visuals and ideas explored were very interesting, and I loved the whole aesthetic of the show and the retro feel.

Easy 10 for me. Flew past Daredevil, JJ, and Flash in terms of superhero live action and is up there with some of the best prestige shows from the last ten years. I love a lot of the X-Men live action continuity (X2, First Class, DOFP, and Logan, and I can enjoy parts of the first X-Men, The Wolverine) but would be totally fine if Noah Hawley took over the entire universe and did whatever he wanted with it.

Definitely stands out from the rest, FX is kicking CW's butt in everything. They truly have the best shows worth binging. I do love that everything came together by the end. Phenomenal acting from Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, I knew she was funny but I didn't know how large her range is. Shadow King was spooky, I'm going to do a re-watch soon after listening to the panel today at CC.

I gave it a X. Worth everything it gets. I hope this gets nominated for some awards, acting and writing-wise.

9/10

Best season of super-hero TV ever. Can't wait for more.

9/10

Best season of super-hero TV ever. Can't wait for more.
Glad you liked it henzINNIT. They start shooting S2 next month, and we'll have it on our screens a bit after The Gifted ends its first season.

This series was better than I expected and was equally parts creepy and trippy that made me want to keep watching. Hopefully season 2 is as high quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"