Legion RATE the First Season of LEGIXN

9-9.5 for me.

FX is killing it. Taboo, Feud, Americans, Legion...Fargo coming up.

you missed the 'o' in season and of

solid 9 :up::up: they keep going with this quality for sure they'll get a big ol X-marks-the-spot from me :woot:

Odd voting system you have going. But I voted X. It was a great show that did the story it was trying to tell very well (which isn't easy to do at all).

I gave it a VII. Good not great. Too many made for TV characters which doesn't appeal to me as a X-Men fan. They might as well create a separate show.

I thought it was easily the best of the (Non-Netflix) TV SH genre. Some people found it confusing and I think if they want to get a bigger chunk of the public, they might stop intentionally making it somewhat difficult to follow. That doesn't make it better IMO.

8.5 or so I guess. VIII.V??? LOL.

That finale sort of knocked it down a peg, but I'm still going with my gut.

I would have given it an XIII if the finale was as strong as the penultimate episode.

Didn't enjoy the finale as much as I thought, but overall great show

Legion was easily the best superhero show I've ever seen, blowing the Netflix and especially the CW shows out of the water. Its inventive deconstructed nature of storytelling could have been a trainwreck but it never stumbled. I thought episodes 2 and 3 spun their wheels a bit, and the finale was a bit of a letdown, so I dropped it down to a IX, but it's hard to overemphasize how brilliant it was.

VII out of X (why do the numbers stop at IV?). I liked the finale; it's the two episodes before that that almost ruined it for me.

We are using roman numerals here.

I did....What do you think VIII.V is? :woot:

Legion was easily the best superhero show I've ever seen, blowing the Netflix and especially the CW shows out of the water. Its inventive deconstructed nature of storytelling could have been a trainwreck but it never stumbled. I thought episodes 2 and 3 spun their wheels a bit, and the finale was a bit of a letdown, so I dropped it down to a IX, but it's hard to overemphasize how brilliant it was.

Way overstated IMO, but WAY better than the CW shows.

I gave it a VIII. Legion may be the best looking Marvel live action adaptation so far in any medium, and it had both terrific performances and inventive story telling. But the lack of grounding in the real world impeded my ability to get fully invested in the characters. I would have liked to have seen more of David's reality and superhero action mixed in with the dance numbers.

X, I only wish I could rate it higher. Top notch TV.

Gave it a IX, just so they have room to improve for the second season :).
Excellent show

I rated it a 6 out of 10, having just binge watched it over the past couple of days.

The visuals and audio were really fantastic, although it did go overboard at times. One moment that felt particularly over-the-top was when the dialogue turned into tiles like a silent film. Ususally the visuals and audio worked to demonstrate something specific but in that case it was just the director jerking off.

And unfortunately that was the best aspect of the show, which is a bit like saying the favorite part of your restaurant was the decorations on the wall and the music they played. Sure, that's nice, but how was the food?

I felt that the premise (there's a parasite inside a person with superpowers) was presented in a way that made it needlessly confusing and complicated. The plot also dragged on and on, with almost no movement at all. David finds out he's not crazy, it's actually a combination of having powers and a parasite in his mind. Then the parasite escapes into a new host. You could have covered that in two episodes but it takes over seven hours.

There is also nearly no character development across the season. David becomes more confidant in himself by realizing he's been held back his whole life. Everyone else is the exact same character at the end of the season as when we first meet them. There's one guy who has a change in outlook (we need to work with mutants instead of destroying them) but it's for practicality's sake, not a change in charaacter (it's just because there is a bigger threat that they need to deal with first.) There's another guy who stops secretly invading people's mind/memories but, again, it's not due to a change in character, it's just because another character tells him not to.

The acting is also generally good, except when the dialogue is bad, which gets to be more and more frequent as the series goes on. By the end of the season, it's normal for characters to be quipping quotes from songs to each other, and using analogies and anecdotes instead of asking simple questions or explaining simple ideas. Not only is this very annoying and unrealistic, it further blurs the line between the nearly-traitless ensemble cast.

One visual feature where the series almost completely failed was combat. I don't think they sold me on a single telekinetically thrown body, it always looked laughably fake. The hand to hand combat also felt totally weightless. And the "elite and dangerous" D3 had reaction times and setup strategy far worse than any stormtrooper squad in the Star Wars films. Seriously, these guys had fully automatic, long barrel guns and they constantly felt the need to get within arms reach of the good guys and, lord almighty, did these guys know how to mess up guaranteed kill shots!

Finally, by the end of the season, they made their world silly. If D3 was so set on wiping out these mutants, then really, why didn't they kill David when they had the chance? Seriously, why? The knew he could be a "world-breaker." The guy who ends up with burns all over even goes so far to say that he doesn't intend to let mutants have kids because that would cause problems in the "sandbox." So why exactly isn't D3 shooting mutants on sight or, at least, the very powerful ones?

I know that I rated this series a 6 out of 10, but as I actually look back and write out this analysis, I realize now that I was being very generous. I do not intend to watch the second season.

9.5/10

The guy above me must've watched a different show. In an 8 episode series, there's no space to "drag" everything in this season was necessary to weave the entire tapestry. It was not an easy show to comprehend at times, it made you scratch your head and question whether what you were seeing was real or not, but in that, it was unique.

When compared with other comic book television series, this certainly stands out from the pack. And if we are talking only TV (not netflix) this outshines them all by a very large margin.

Cool show, great actors, great concept. Will watch again.

9/10 for me.

I thought that the way they told the story was unique and they did a great job putting together a really solid cast which in turn made the characters really engaging and interesting. I'm hoping we get to see more of everybody's backstories in season 2. They also managed to make SK a LEGIT big bad which is something I honestly thought I'd never see in any X-men live action media, or at least I never thought they could make him cool which they did very well!

I'm definitely looking forward to season 2. I'm also eager to see which other X-men characters we will see down the road.

great concept, sloooow plot. I hope things are paced better in coming episodes. Would be nice to have some hard linkage to x-men, not just a shot of a wheelchair wheel.

VII. Strong acting and overall story, but they fell victim to style over substance a few times. It became hard to follow and it's like they wanted to focus more on how something looked instead of progressing the story in a more coherent fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"