Rate/Rank/Review/Discuss the Tom Cruise Mission Impossible Films

Batmannerism

Super-unknown
Reaction score
Hi folks. Been rewatching the Mission Impossible Films. Unlike many franchises they've gotten better and better as the series has gone on.

Personally my favorite is MI 5:Rogue Nation, but MI:6 Fallout is simply sublime for its insane stunts - Cruise kept the shot where he breaks his ankle and hauls himself up over the side of a building, and then runs off. Impressive dedication to his craft.

Anyway, as more MI films are forthcoming why not look back at the previous ones.

I would rank them.

1. MI6: Fallout, as the best of the series.

2. Mi5: Rogue Nation, my favorite and a lot of fun. The stunts aren't quite as mad as Fallout, but some nice creative action scenes. Also introduced the best villain of the series.

3 MI4: Ghost Protocol, the Burj Khalifa climb did it for me.

4. MI 2: What can I say, I like John Woo and Dougray Scott

5. MI:1 For its time very Impressive, but a bit too much time spent on email.

6. MI 3: The only thing I can remember is enjoying seeing Phillip Hoffman get killed. A bit forgettable.

Okay, over to you. Your mission, should you choose to accept it.....

After my last rewatch of all movies last year, my ranking is like this:

1. Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018)
2. Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation (2015)
3. Mission: Impossible (1996)
4. Mission: Impossible III (2006)
5. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011)
6. Mission: Impossible 2 (2000)

Funny thing is with every rewatch I pretty much appreciate more the ones I didn't care for and a bit less the ones that I held in higher regard. The first movie, for example, used to be my absolute favourite, but after watching it a second time it felt too outdated and not as clever as I remembered it. The third time I liked it a lot more than the second. So, with me, I guess it has lots to do with expectations and how I remember something.

1. Fallout
2. Ghost Protocol
3. Rogue Nation
4. Mission: Impossible III
5. Mission: Impossible
6. Mission: Impossible 2

It's one of those rare series that more or less gets better with each film with the exception of M:I 2, which I thought was so boring when I first saw it that it deterred me from watching the rest of the series for 2o years. Fallout is definitely the best of the bunch. The action sequences and unbelievable stunt work are the stars of the show here but the biggest issue this series has is, for the most part, uninteresting villains with the exceptions of Voight in 1, Hoffman in 3 (the best villain in the series IMO), and Cavill in 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"