Rating?

snwboarder88

Sidekick
Reaction score
Not really fimilar with the comics so will this be most likely Rated R or pg-13?

Well, the comic was Mature readers only...meaning it was R-rated....and since this movie is the complete opposite of the comic, I expect this film will be rated G and feature a scene where all our heroes sing a delightful song about the joys of sharing and eating your vegetables.

Not really fimilar with the comics so will this be most likely Rated R or pg-13?

Graphic Novel: rated a hard R for extreme violence and politically-incorrect behavior of all kinds.

Movie: As of how things look now, I'd rate this T for 'Tarded. But this is just me, you understand. Your mileage may vary, if so, enjoy. :hq:

Exactly....and money is all that this film is about...as satisfying any fans of the source material went "bub-bye" long ago.

well im happy im not a fan or else looks like id be mad like you guys

Well, I recommend reading the Graphic Novel so that you can see what you could be getting versus what you're going to have to settle for.

Exactly....and money is all that this film is about...as satisfying any fans of the source material went "bub-bye" long ago.

Very true! I finally picked up a copy of Wanted a few weeks back. I seriously want to punch Millar in the face. He in interviews was saying that he has been perfectly fine with all of the changes they are making to his work for this film. He must have gotten some pretty good $$$$ for this.

Very true! I finally picked up a copy of Wanted a few weeks back. I seriously want to punch Millar in the face. He in interviews was saying that he has been perfectly fine with all of the changes they are making to his work for this film. He must have gotten some pretty good $$$$ for this.

It really sucks because he's one of my favorite writers, and to watch him just cast his own story aside in the name of cash...it just sucks, really. Then again, I'd probably do the same thing for a boatload of money...but I'm not working for Marvel or DC, and I'm broke.

This Wanted movie, is taking place in a parallel universe of the comic of Wanted. All of the supervillains in this world have no superpowers, and are basically a league of assassins. Mark Millar wrote the script, so its probably going to be R, due to the fact Mark Millar is the one who made the original Wanted.
"It’s been reported the “Wanted” movie deviates from your story by taking out the superpowered element.

MILLAR: Yeah, well, the weird thing is they did what I had planned to do and then forgot to do it, which is not put [the characters] in costume. I don’t know why, but for some reason we ended up putting them in costume in the comic, and I really didn’t want to do that. I wanted them to have those powers and then just wear those costumes for the initiation, but just for one panel. And then I forgot. I’d have liked [the filmmakers] to keep the supervillain mythos. That’s one thing I’m kind of sad they didn’t keep, ’cause I really liked that, the idea that supervillains and heroes did exist at one point and they’re all gone now.

But other than that, were you happy with the script?

MILLAR: Once [director] Timur [Bekmambetov] came aboard, it started looking great. I was out there about a year ago looking at some stuff they’d been putting together, and I really expected it to be crap, because I didn’t like the first draft of the script. I wanted the film to basically be the opposite of the Spider-Man movie, the idea of someone getting powers and realizing they can do what they want, then choosing the dark path. The [script] I read was just too tame. It just seemed a little bit Americanized. But Timur came in with his Eastern European madness, and he really made it nasty. He went closer to the spirit of the book, so I’m very happy with the end result."

The rest of the article found on Wizard Entertainment website here

This Wanted movie, is taking place in a parallel universe of the comic of Wanted. All of the supervillains in this world have no superpowers, and are basically a league of assassins. Mark Millar wrote the script, so its probably going to be R, due to the fact Mark Millar is the one who made the original Wanted.
"It’s been reported the “Wanted” movie deviates from your story by taking out the superpowered element.

MILLAR: Yeah, well, the weird thing is they did what I had planned to do and then forgot to do it, which is not put [the characters] in costume. I don’t know why, but for some reason we ended up putting them in costume in the comic, and I really didn’t want to do that. I wanted them to have those powers and then just wear those costumes for the initiation, but just for one panel. And then I forgot. I’d have liked [the filmmakers] to keep the supervillain mythos. That’s one thing I’m kind of sad they didn’t keep, ’cause I really liked that, the idea that supervillains and heroes did exist at one point and they’re all gone now.

But other than that, were you happy with the script?

MILLAR: Once [director] Timur [Bekmambetov] came aboard, it started looking great. I was out there about a year ago looking at some stuff they’d been putting together, and I really expected it to be crap, because I didn’t like the first draft of the script. I wanted the film to basically be the opposite of the Spider-Man movie, the idea of someone getting powers and realizing they can do what they want, then choosing the dark path. The [script] I read was just too tame. It just seemed a little bit Americanized. But Timur came in with his Eastern European madness, and he really made it nasty. He went closer to the spirit of the book, so I’m very happy with the end result."

The rest of the article found on Wizard Entertainment website here

What I don't get is, how can you be happy with most of the script, when they changed the MAIN ELEMENT of the source material???

That's like if they had changed Spider-Man to a bloodsucking vampire who can transform into a spdier and Stan Lee saying, "Aside from that, I'm very happy with the script".

i thought movies are made to cure cancer :hehe:

well movies are made to make money.

the problem is that IMO this movie wont make money no matter what tricks they use.

I guess Millar is okay with it because he knows that the movie won't change the graphic novel at all, so who cares?

And I think movies are made to make money by the Studios, but pretty much everyone involved in production is doing it because they just like doing it. An "artistic medium" for sure.

It's going to be "hard R" according to recent footage.

Now that I think of it,I think the movie is going to be PG-13,I hope not though.

I heard this is definitely a "hard R" - apparently that was the reason Uni optioned the movie in the first place, because they wanted to try doing a comic book movie that was ONLY for the 17+ group.

I'm stoked about it, myself - this is one of my favorite graphic novels, and while the trailer looks different than the book, it still looks really, REALLY cool!

I heard this is definitely a "hard R" - apparently that was the reason Uni optioned the movie in the first place, because they wanted to try doing a comic book movie that was ONLY for the 17+ group.

I'm stoked about it, myself - this is one of my favorite graphic novels, and while the trailer looks different than the book, it still looks really, REALLY cool!

It's one of your favorite comics...and you can't wait to see the movie, where everything but the main two characters' names have changed? :huh:

It's one of your favorite comics...and you can't wait to see the movie, where everything but the main two characters' names have changed? :huh:

You're assuming that everything has been changed, but why? I mean, I think we can assume the villain thing is gone (unless it's the "big twist at the end" that was promised at the end of the film), but other than that, why? I don't think we've seen nearly enough to make that kind of assumption yet.

If you read the book and thought it was gonna be a movie, you'd HAVE to know they were going to change SOME of the stuff in it - there's no way the regular public would be able to accept the super-villain thing right out of the gate (let alone the bloody murder of Adam West :oldrazz:). Watch the way Hollywood movies work - every time there's a villainous organization, there HAS to be a hero rising up to defeat it. That's not what this book is about - the villains battle THEMSELVES, but certainly not in the name of good. I'm kind of hoping that by playing down the villain element in the beginning of the movie and instead making the motives of the assassains group questionable and mysterious, it'll make it easier for the movie to lead up to the group being evil AND Wesley STAYING with them after he realizes they're evil, rather than suddenly becoming the stereotypical "good guy", like you'd expect.

I know I'm just spitballing on a lot of this, but I guess what I'm saying is I get the feeling that this movie is dealing with "different shades of grey" when it comes to evil, rather than the book's "nothing but black" evil; it's not quite the same as the book, but I think in the end, it might just make for a more enjoyable movie. Well, enough to get me to spend $10 on it, anyways. :woot:

You're assuming that everything has been changed, but why? I mean, I think we can assume the villain thing is gone (unless it's the "big twist at the end" that was promised at the end of the film), but other than that, why? I don't think we've seen nearly enough to make that kind of assumption yet.

If you read the book and thought it was gonna be a movie, you'd HAVE to know they were going to change SOME of the stuff in it - there's no way the regular public would be able to accept the super-villain thing right out of the gate (let alone the bloody murder of Adam West :oldrazz:). Watch the way Hollywood movies work - every time there's a villainous organization, there HAS to be a hero rising up to defeat it. That's not what this book is about - the villains battle THEMSELVES, but certainly not in the name of good. I'm kind of hoping that by playing down the villain element in the beginning of the movie and instead making the motives of the assassains group questionable and mysterious, it'll make it easier for the movie to lead up to the group being evil AND Wesley STAYING with them after he realizes they're evil, rather than suddenly becoming the stereotypical "good guy", like you'd expect.

I know I'm just spitballing on a lot of this, but I guess what I'm saying is I get the feeling that this movie is dealing with "different shades of grey" when it comes to evil, rather than the book's "nothing but black" evil; it's not quite the same as the book, but I think in the end, it might just make for a more enjoyable movie. Well, enough to get me to spend $10 on it, anyways. :woot:

So...you're pretty much going to be happy wit ANYTHING that has the name "Wanted" in the title, huh?

They got rid of the "villian thing"? That WAS the comic, man!! The whole thing revolved around super-villians taking over the world by killing/netralizing all of the world's superheroes, then wiping away their entire existence. They've changed the entire premise! The only things left are a few lines of dialogue and at least 2 of the characters' names. Wow. Accuracy be damned.

It's like if Spider-man had gotten rid of the "superhero thing".

So...you're pretty much going to be happy wit ANYTHING that has the name "Wanted" in the title, huh?

They got rid of the "villian thing"? That WAS the comic, man!! The whole thing revolved around super-villians taking over the world by killing/netralizing all of the world's superheroes, then wiping away their entire existence. They've changed the entire premise! The only things left are a few lines of dialogue and at least 2 of the characters' names. Wow. Accuracy be damned.

It's like if Spider-man had gotten rid of the "superhero thing".

No man, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, taking serious comics fans OUT of the equation, try looking at this from the perspective of the average American moviegoer - a guy who probably hasn't read a comic book since he snagged a dog-eared copy of Superman when he was 9. The problem here is, most non-comic-fan audience members have been ingrained by decades worth of films to expect certain things from certain types of films. When you mention the words "superhero" or "supervillain", a few rules subconciously pop up in their minds:
  1. There's a good chance somebody's gonna be wearing a cape.
  2. At least one person in the movie has to have super strength, super speed, be able to fly, or possess some other sort of magical power.
  3. You MUST have at least one superhero AND one supervillain in the movie; you can't have one without the other.
  4. The good guys ALWAYS have to win in the end.
Obviously, WANTED doesn't fit these criteria, which means if the movie was made to the letter following the TPB, you'd have a few fans like us who enjoyed it, and a lot more people who would be pissed and revile the film - which also leads to a lot less independants getting made as films. Ever seen a romantic comedy that DOESN'T have a happy ending? People get mad, and the film gets trashed - even if it was pretty good. HOWEVER, by changing the idea behind WANTED slightly from "supervillain group" to "mysterious group", you immediately manage to remove the stigmas ingrained behind the word 'supervillain' with the moviegoing public. It doesn't mean they have to be any less evil, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the story has to change all that much - it's just like having a different color of icing on the cake.

To be fair, though, I always looked at the book as being more about a world of "shades" of evil and how to live in it; the supervillain angle was cool, but it wasn't the true CORE of the story. You, however, may have seen it differently...

No man, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, taking serious comics fans OUT of the equation, try looking at this from the perspective of the average American moviegoer - a guy who probably hasn't read a comic book since he snagged a dog-eared copy of Superman when he was 9. The problem here is, most non-comic-fan audience members have been ingrained by decades worth of films to expect certain things from certain types of films. When you mention the words "superhero" or "supervillain", a few rules subconciously pop up in their minds:
  1. There's a good chance somebody's gonna be wearing a cape.
  2. At least one person in the movie has to have super strength, super speed, be able to fly, or possess some other sort of magical power.
  3. You MUST have at least one superhero AND one supervillain in the movie; you can't have one without the other.
  4. The good guys ALWAYS have to win in the end.
Obviously, WANTED doesn't fit these criteria, which means if the movie was made to the letter following the TPB, you'd have a few fans like us who enjoyed it, and a lot more people who would be pissed and revile the film - which also leads to a lot less independants getting made as films. Ever seen a romantic comedy that DOESN'T have a happy ending? People get mad, and the film gets trashed - even if it was pretty good. HOWEVER, by changing the idea behind WANTED slightly from "supervillain group" to "mysterious group", you immediately manage to remove the stigmas ingrained behind the word 'supervillain' with the moviegoing public. It doesn't mean they have to be any less evil, and it doesn't necessarily mean that the story has to change all that much - it's just like having a different color of icing on the cake.

To be fair, though, I always looked at the book as being more about a world of "shades" of evil and how to live in it; the supervillain angle was cool, but it wasn't the true CORE of the story. You, however, may have seen it differently...

From the perspective of about half the people in the theater when I saw the trailer and the laughter and jokes made at it's expense, the average moviegoer thinks it looks rather dumb. I'd say flipping a car off of a bridge and onto a bus makes it pretty dumb. Also....curving bullets.....come on.

WALL-E will own Wanted....and hoefully, Wanted will die quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"