Ray Fisher is CYBORG!

No, he was just answering your suggestion that mechanical objects which look mechanical are obsolete.

Never said that. "Mechanical" and "crude and bulky" aren't the same thing.

Never said that. "Mechanical" and "crude and bulky" aren't the same thing.

Well, if we're going to be so pedantic about it, I actually said "more crude and bulkier design" as opposed to the picture posted above, which would be along the lines of these versions:

Cyborg.jpg

4138347-0969090610-41161.jpg

And not crude and bulky per se.

And I am pretty sure that one (and more possibly, combination of several) of the comic book designs will dictate how the character will look like in the DCCU. I don't find this to look like it's from 1940's (I am aware that this is not meant to be taken literally), 1990's or in any way outdated at all.

And I am pretty sure that one (and more possibly, combination of several) of the comic book designs will dictate how the character will look like in the DCCU. I don't find this to look like it's from 1940's (I am aware that this is not meant to be taken literally), 1990's or in any way outdated at all.

Well I was talking about his new look in terms of his upcoming comic. I've no idea what his movie look will be. Obviously they can't do it exactly like the latest comic update. Just like movie Iron Man doesn't have the "musclebound metal" look that he used to have in the comics.

I really like the Mega Man style design first attempted by the New 52's.

I really like the Mega Man style design first attempted by the New 52's.

I didn't even notice the similarity until you pointed it out. :woot:

I like it as well when it comes to "suit". I am not really sure about the hand cannon though.

Just give him a real faceplate with a metallic looking costume and prosthetics but enhanced via CG so it looks like the parts move in sync. Bada bing bada boom.
This!!!
I didn't even notice the similarity until you pointed it out. :woot:

I like it as well when it comes to "suit". I am not really sure about the hand cannon though.
You wanted big and bulky no? :sly:
Well, if we're going to be so pedantic about it, I actually said "more crude and bulkier design" as opposed to the picture posted above, which would be along the lines of these versions:

Cyborg.jpg

4138347-0969090610-41161.jpg

And not crude and bulky per se.
Well, You like them big :sly:
I can notice that now :o

Wilkinson does research Wolfie :sly:

Yeah, I can't believe that there wasn't any more description of his and Flash's look. Where are all those people that were at Comic Con? Don't they use internet?

In the modern era of DC, #1 issues are about six times as common as any number after #12.

One of the guys doing the live coverage said his design was "cybernetic slim" (not his exact words, but something like that) and "it worked"

I think the word used was "svelte"

Last edited:
I like it a lot less than the more bulky, mechanical suit that preceded it. This looks more like a generic psuedo-leotard suit, making Cyborg less distinctive. I have never much liked all the exposed flesh, either.

This was circling around after comic con

Concept art: I am going to do a break down of the best concept that I can remember.
Aquaman:
I remember seeing two of pieces of art, one where he seems to swimming, hands forward, with a school of fish, another where he is underwater holding on to some sort of rock structure as schools of fish swim past him. Both of these were motion art. He might of had a trident in at least one of these and there might have been a third one of him as well. Hard to remember.
Wonder Woman: Concept art pretty much confirms her movie will be in some sort period setting or at least there will be a flashback to one. The main art I can remember is her standing on a huge heap of debris with shield and sword in hand after a battle with small flames on it as well and soldiers are standing on the ground around the heap. I have seen many people claim it is WWII but I am not so sure that it is. It is definitely seemed like one of the World Wars though. What was cool is after this art showed the next thing appeared was "Directed by Patty Jenkins"
Flash: I saw his costume and probably the one piece of concept
art I remember best. First it was a motion concept art again. We see Ezra with medium length black hair, like hair past his ears, holding either a bullet or a ring at a crime scene. Then his Flash speeds by. His costume is pretty different from the show. It is similar to injustice in the sense that he is wearing armor. It doesn't really look like that suit just has some similarities. His suit is more similar to Nolan's bat suit in the sense he has segmented armor pads on his suit and his cowl doesn't look it is made of leather either. It is not bulky but pretty streamlined. It was great.
Green Lanter Corps: I wasn't sure if this was concept art only
because it looked like the most comic booky. The other ones looked realistic to an extent while this one looked more like it was from a comic book. People they showed: Katma tui, Kilowog, Hal Jordan and John Stewart. My brother said he also saw Arisia too.
Cyborg, Shazam & Justice League: Really quick, I do not
remember seeing much Shazam concept art, I think I saw one of Black Adam and Shazam squaring off before battle, both of their costumes seemed New52 inspired, but it flashed by so quick man. Cyborg art and JL concept were dope but we didn't see much of either. The Cyborg concept art was the one same one from the JL art except him singled out. His costume his really hard to describe, it almost like the cyborg part of him was growing out of him, if that makes any sort of sense. The JL concept art was them standing around each other, similar to the Throne of Atlantis movie cover but with the the main 6 for sure, can't remember if GL was there or which one if was there if he was.

seems to be only description i could find

I didn't realise your bread was buttered that way. :)

John-An doesn't like to limit himself. :o

Anyway, it's nice to see something from this guy, I was beginning to think he was just a collective hallucination. Oh, and look at his shirt and shorts - old school "leotard" look confirmed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"