Ready or Not

ece0eb87251fdb942d0726df4fcf7f9ebdd868a6.gifv

8ce76147cc25e2025939370bed3a72b3e1d38263.gifv

26be1bbd4142873d3777149c4cf6b63cdd809aad.gifv

b85b2549abba30e2ec7b931f4a6dbcea29847c38.gifv

Caught this on HBO. Really enjoyed it and felt like a spiritual sequel to You’re Next

One of the best cinematic surprises of 2019. Really liked the film.

I also don't get comparisons between Samara and Margot. They look rather different. But both are stunning, of course.

Samara's eyes are so huge and expressive. She's almost like a fantasy creature.

I saw it for the first time today, actually. It was cool.

I would have liked the "no one was going to die" outcome better. Well, that and I wanted Grace to rack up more kills. Still, I liked the premise and Samara, the cinematography was really good, and there were nice details that added to it (I dig the Hide and Seek song).

I saw it for the first time today, actually. It was cool.

I would have liked the "no one was going to die" outcome better. Well, that and I wanted Grace to rack up more kills. Still, I liked the premise and Samara, the cinematography was really good, and there were nice details that added to it (I dig the Hide and Seek song).
I don't know, the way it went was worth that little snort laugh she did. :funny:

Just finished this. I enjoyed it, however I was more interested with the backstory of the family and they literally blew them up. So I guess thats it.

If they ever make a sequel to this, it should be titled "Here I Come".

Ready 2 Not

I think this is the type of slasher/thriller film that can easily be turned into annual franchise especially the movie was made for less than 10 million. They literally could make a dozen stories of f***** up families and make different variations of the newly wed couple and their relatives. But this isn't Lionsgate, Paramount, Universal or Sony, its Searchlight. So I don't think there would be a sequel. Unless the eXecutives of Disney want a slasher flick every year that won't be streamed in D+, okay but thats a longshot.

As I was saying, I wish the family members had more backstory. The film was quite short and I wish the other family members had their own death scene instead being slaughtered in the end. Like I was interested to see what games they actually played when they entered the family, and the people that were killed in the past. I wasn't really into the supernatural stuff as I usually avoid those kind of films but the premise of this was really intriguing.

I also don't get comparisons between Samara and Margot. They look rather different. But both are stunning, of course.

They do look different, but more similar than different, IMO.

But it's definitely their personalities that really set them apart. Margot Robbie is much more outgoing and "smiley" for lack of a better word. Samara Weaving is clearly somewhat of an introvert and comes across as more serious.

She was totally awesome, but a sequel to this feels kinda meh.

The first one is one of my favorite modern horror films, and I'm curious what they would do with a sequel. I guess we'll see.

I thought the first was a bit over rate myself. A sequel seems absolutely pointless though.

Is the Devil pissed he lost round one?

Only way a sequel could work is if it were a different family, different situation. I’m unsure about this.

Would be a bit more excited if Radio Silence was coming back to direct but instead we get the director who did Escape Room movies. Although fun, just meh. Interesting Samara Weaving is returning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"