Reborn | Netflix

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
Netflix, Sandra Bullock & ‘It’ Producer Vertigo Team On Millarworld Sci-Fi-Fantasy ‘Reborn’, Chris McKay To Direct

The Lego Batman Movie filmmaker Chris McKay is to direct Millarworld comic book adaptation Reborn.

The sci-fi fantasy comic series by Mark Millar and Greg Capullo tells the story of an eighty year-old woman, Bonnie Black, who dies in a Manhattan hospital only to find herself reborn in the prime of life in the afterlife world of Adystria, a magical land of monsters and dragons where good and evil are waging an eternal war. There, she finds old friends and loved ones waiting, except the husband who died before her. Armed with a sword and partnered with her late father, she sets off through the battle-torn landscape on a quest to find out where he is.

Oscar-winner Bullock will produce, as will Roy Lee and Miri Yoon for Vertigo Entertainment. I’m hearing from sources that Gravity star Bullock could potentially lead cast in the movie, which is currently in development. Mark Millar and Greg Capullo will be executive producers.

Sounds cool - even though I don’t much like Sandra Bullock.

What did she do??

She's one of the last remaining American sweethearts (Barrymore, Witherspoon & Hathaway are the other 3) so I thought she's unanimously liked by everyone.

Last edited:
What did she do??

She's one of the last remaining American sweethearts (Barrymore, Witherspoon & Hathaway are the other 3) so I thought she's unanimously liked by everyone.

I just dislike her acting: I went into Gravity expecting to love it, but her acting made it rather disappointing. Regardless, I’m excited for this project!

Looking forward to this

Why isn't this in the Misc Comics Films forum?

The idea sounds incredible. With Sandra Bullock as lead, it will likely get more press as well. Netflix MUST start developing franchises that allow them to stand on their own as a studio. Every other major studio is going to eventually want to pull their product to their own streaming service (where most will fail miserably, and will end up bundling their services into a package not too dissimilar from cable...if they avoid going out of business, that is). Personally, I was hoping that Netflix would buy Valiant and launch a sci-fi superhero universe of their own, but Millar certainly has some fun ideas.

Because Blitzkrieg wanted people to actually see this, I assume...

One of the reasons why no one goes to that forum is because every topic that people would want to talk about is placed in here instead of where it belongs. If the only things that ever get posted there are things that no one cares about, then there really is no reason to go there.

I've actually read Reborn. Bought it only because of Capullo's art. I thought the story ideas were cool, but something felt very rushed about it. Hopefully it gets expanded for Netflix. Not sure about Sandra in the role though.

Yeah, she's reborn as someone in the prime of their life...and Sandra is mid-50's. I'm years away from that and napping leaves me exhausted. Besides, I want a franchise if this is good...so, someone who can lead an action franchise for years to come.

But, hot off the success of Bird Box, it's probably a smart decision for this movie.

Sounds like a fun concept, but I'm not quite seeing Sandra in the role of someone in their prime here. They should be casting someone in their late 30's maybe?

The article doesn't say if it will be live or animated does it ?

It doesn’t but I’m assuming live action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"