Recasting the DC Cinematic Universe

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
If you had a chance to re-cast the DC Cinematic Universe from scratch which actors would you use for the following roles:

- Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman
- Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Barry Allen/The Flash
- Arthur Curry/Orin/Aquaman
- Victor Stone/Cyborg

Or how would you build up the DC Cinematic Universe if you had to start it all over again from scratch to build up towards the Justice League?

- Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman - Stick with Cavill
- Bruce Wayne/Batman - Luke Evans
- Diana Prince/Wonder Woman - Margot Robbie
- Barry Allen/The Flash - Sam Claflin
- Arthur Curry/Orin/Aquaman - Armie Hammer
- Scrap Cyborg and get Idris Elba as Jon Stewart.

Or how I would do it would be:

Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman- Yeah you're right I would stick with Cavill too because he actually is a great Superman...perfect casting as far as I'm concerned

Bruce Wayne/Batman- Luke Evans I agree also

Diana Prince/Wonder Woman- Adrianne Palicki

Barry Allen/The Flash- Aaron Paul

Arthur Curry/Orin/Aquaman- Alexander Skarsgard

I would swap Cyborg for either Green Lantern or Green Arrow preferably Green Lantern but I would cast Garrett Hedlund as Hal Jordan

I don't want to recast anyone. I love the freaking cast A LOT.

The only person I feel needs recasting is Ezra Miller as Barry Allen... Nothing against him I just think he's a bizarre and terrible fit for the character. Once I saw that they kept the pony tail look for Barry I was shocked

I wish they'd cast him as Nightwing instead

Last edited:
The only person I feel needs recasting is Ezra Miller as Barry Allen... Nothing against him I just think he's a bizarre and terrible fit for the character. Once I saw that they kept the pony tail look for Barry I was shocked

I think it's a little early to say that tbh

He would kill it as Jason Todd. Just watch We Need To Talk About Kevin.

He would kill it as Jason Todd. Just watch We Need To Talk About Kevin.

Totally agree! He would be awesome as Jason Todd especially since Red Hood is reportedly a priority character and the Jason Todd story is going to go throughout the next few movies.

He just doesn't seem like any version or iteration of The Flash, and that's really the only character I'm super protective of since I've been collecting flash issues since before I could even read

Holy jeez. Well this didn't take long... I mean it's only the opening Friday for BvS.

I expect nothing less from the Hype. :hehe:

DC Cinematic Universe
Superman: Chris Evans
Batman: Idris Elba
Wonder Woman: Elodie Yung
The Flash: Chris Pratt
Hal Jordan: Bradley Cooper
John Stewart: Anthony Mackie
Aquaman: Chris Hemsworth
Martian Manhunter: Benedict Cumberbatch
Green Arrow: Robert Downey Jr
Black Canary: Scarlett Johansson
The Atom: Paul Rudd

If you had a chance to re-cast the DC Cinematic Universe from scratch which actors would you use for the following roles:

- Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman
- Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Diana Prince/Wonder Woman
- Barry Allen/The Flash
- Arthur Curry/Orin/Aquaman
- Victor Stone/Cyborg

Or how would you build up the DC Cinematic Universe if you had to start it all over again from scratch to build up towards the Justice League?

The smartest thing to do right now is to reboot the DCU and recast.
Have George Miller do a standalone JL film, and ditch the terrible Snyderverse.

Anyone can be cast because no one from the Snyderverse has been definitive in their roles. I only ask for a Superman actor with far more charisma and screen presence than wooden Cavill. Superman needs that.

Keep Cavill and Amy Adams. I don't care about anyone else.

Keep Cavill and Amy Adams. I don't care about anyone else.

Love ur avatar. Dd S2 is a million times better than BVS. And that's coming from one of the biggest DC only guys on the planet

I don't get the obsession with Aaron Paul on CBM sites. He gets suggested for almost EVERY role. I was against him getting the Flash, and i'm glad we got Ezra.

Anyways, keep the cast and continue with Justice League.

I don't get the obsession with Aaron Paul on CBM sites. He gets suggested for almost EVERY role. I was against him getting the Flash, and i'm glad we got Ezra.

Anyways, keep the cast and continue with Justice League.

People like Breaking Bad. Why do you think Cranston's name comes up sp often as well? :oldrazz:

DC Cinematic Universe
Superman: Chris Evans
Batman: Idris Elba
Wonder Woman: Elodie Yung
The Flash: Chris Pratt
Hal Jordan: Bradley Cooper
John Stewart: Anthony Mackie
Aquaman: Chris Hemsworth
Martian Manhunter: Benedict Cumberbatch
Green Arrow: Robert Downey Jr
Black Canary: Scarlett Johansson
The Atom: Paul Rudd

- Chris Evans I can't see him as Superman but honestly who I would have went with? I would have went with either Matt Bomer or Armie Hammer

- For Bruce Wayne/Batman personally I would have went with Ryan Gosling not that I will say Idris Elba wouldn't make a great Bruce but I would cast him as John Stewart

- For Wonder Woman I would have gone with Jaimie Alexander

- The Flash I would have gone with Aaron Paul

- As Hal Jordan I will at least agree with you on Bradley Cooper so you get no argument from me there

- John Stewart definitely Idris Elba

- As Aquaman I would have gone with Alexander Skarsgard or even Liam Hemsworth

- Cumberbatch is perfect as Martian Manhunter he has the voice down and everything and with CGI work he would be a convincing MM

- As Oliver Queen/Green Arrow I would go with Charlie Hunnam and as Black Canary I would go with Elisha Cuthbert

- And as The Atom I would go with Paul Rudd too so you get no argument from me there

^ I think you missed the point.

Love ur avatar. Dd S2 is a million times better than BVS. And that's coming from one of the biggest DC only guys on the planet

Yep. Honestly, at this point, I'm pretty much like, "F*** it, you win, Marvel." They clearly know what their doing and WB is clueless. And they don't even care. They have ALL the resources at their disposal. They have comic book writers and artists who know these characters through and through and could provide valuable insight into presenting them effectively onscreen. But naaaahhhh let's just hand the keys to the Ferrari to Zack Snyder and let him drive it off a cliff because that'll look cooler.

Everyone wants Affleck gone? Thought he was an amazing Batman, he should stay and Gal should stay too. Everyone else apart from Cavill and Adams should be recast.

Adams has been a mediocre Lois Lane, with no sass and personality. She's too vanilla.
Cavill has been a wooden uninspiring Superman with no presence.

They are as expendable as everyone else in the DCEU.

WB can't afford to recast so I would let the cinematic characters sit for 5-10 years then start brand new. CBMs will probably be dead by that time so it's probably pointless anyways.

Or my other list that I would have comprised here:

Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman- Matt Bomer
Bruce Wayne/Batman- Jake Gyllenhaal
Diana Prince/Wonder Woman- Jaimie Alexander
Arthur Curry/Orin/Aquaman- Charlie Hunnam
Barry Allen/The Flash- Aaron Paul
Victor Stone/Cyborg- John Boyega

We haven't seen Miller's Flash or Momoa's Aquaman so why recast?

Affleck and Cavill are doing good jobs with what they were given. Gadot seems like she'll do fine. If anything we need a good writer and director.

(and, personally, I'd keep George Miller away from this superhero nonsense.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"