Recommended Storylines

steelio2006

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any storylines u would recommend. I just am reading through Secret Invasion and have read Civil War. Is Road to Civil War any good, worth reading?

Road to Civil War wasn't really that great. CW was the real meat and potatoes of that whole thing and if you read that it's almost pointless to read the tie-in stuff leading into it.

I would recommend Planet Hulk (one of the best Hulk stories of all time), Any Incredible Hercules you could get your hands on, and for more check out this thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=186190

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was any storylines u would recommend. I just am reading through Secret Invasion and have read Civil War. Is Road to Civil War any good, worth reading?

The original Secret Wars is lots of fun. Im sure it's available in TPB.

What are your favorite heroes and stuff? What comics do you read that are your favorite?

ive heard good things bout Planet Hulk. so im most likely gonna give that a shot. what bout Planet Hulk would be good to check out? the basic Planet Hulk storyline plus the tie-ins? Im a big Batman fan, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Robin, Spider-Man (might be lookin into Back in Black cause I like the black costume). whats a good Wolverine story to read?

Planet Hulk doesn't have any tie-ins but its out in tpb and HC. If you like it a lot you might want to check out it's sequel, World War Hulk and/or the WWH spin-off Skaar: Son of Hulk which is really good.

I'm not really that knowledgeable on Wolvie or Spidey stories except I heard the "Old Man Logan" story line by Millar was really good.

If you liked Civil War you might want to try some more Millar stuff like Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

If you want to read some Marvel stuff that's more crime-drama street level superhero like Bats you should check out Bendis' run on Daredevil. After he left the book Brubaker took over and it has been great -- I would check out Bendis' run first for spoilers sake.

Brubaker also did an amazing run on Captain America which is still going on if you're interested in some action/spy type stories.

If you're into the sci-fi stuff like GL you should take Blader's advice and check out Annihilation. It was a big event with a bunch of Marvel's sci-fi/space characters like Nova and Silver Surfer. You can also check out Nova's ongoing that I've heard great things about.

They also made a sequel to Annihilation called "Annihilation: Conquest" that was really good. Another ongoing title that came from the aftermath of that event is Guardians of the Galaxy which I hear is extremely good as well.

Probably my #1 favorite book out right now is Incredible Hercules though. I just can't stress enough how good it is. It's action/comedy. Not too silly, not too grim. LOTS of action, great pacing, great dialogue, etc.

Hope that helps. I just tried to outline the main genres in Marvel comics right now.

Ultimate Spider_man is the book that got me back into comics and back into reading in general back when I was fifteen and it first came out. Currently the book isn't as good as it use to be, but it's beginnings are awesome. I have the first thirteen volumes in TPB and I think they're all great, especially the first six. If you haven't read those you should pick em up, many libraries carry them I've noticed.

I'd recommend more but I'm sort of in the same position. Though I am trying to read more stuff, I just started reading the Marvel Knights: The Sentry story and so far... seems pretty good. Changing my perspective on The Sentry as a character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"