Red Steel Uses Improved Unreal Engine

GoldenAgeHero

Avenger
Reaction score
Red Steel is looking very strong graphically - what engine is it running on and what are its strengths?

Red Steel is running on the improved version UNreal engine for the Wii system. A large portion of our team has already worked with the Unreal engine. They are already well aware of its strengths and weaknesses. We have pushed the engine to its limits to offer a rich, colored and different setting to the player. Eastern culture allows for original and seldom seen scenes. We are taking advantage of that.

link

It doesn't say which version of the Unreal Engine it is. I doubt it's the latest one, which is used for many next gen-games for PS 3, X360 and PC. I don't think Wii is powerful enough to handle that one. And even if Red Steel is one of the better looking Wii-games, the graphics are still far from the best looking games on the other machines

Galactus said:
It doesn't say which version of the Unreal Engine it is. I doubt it's the latest one, which is used for many next gen-games for PS 3, X360 and PC. I don't think Wii is powerful enough to handle that one. And even if Red Steel is one of the better looking Wii-games, the graphics are still far from the best looking games on the other machines

LOL......YEAH, THERE'S NO WAY THAT'S UE3........MUCH LESS AN "IMPROVED VERSION". :D IT'S LIKELY UE2. :o

They have said that UE3 wont run on Wii. My guess is its a modded version of UE2.

Nothing wrong with that... UE2 is still a powerful engine.

I'm with Mentok. Nothing wrong with UE2.

It should use UE4, the Wii can handle it.
The Wii is better than the 360 and Ps3 combined.
It's also better than Halo.

I'd say it's UE2. It wouldn't make sense for them to license the much more expensive UE3 when it's primarily useless to the Wii's GPU. I mean, it's shader functions alone might as well not be there.

However, UE2 worked reasonably well on the GC, as was evidenced by the SplinterCell games, though the GC version always ended up being a PS2 port.

However, it's got a full-shot now at showing us what it will do on Wii hardware, so it will be interesting.

The game looks about what I'd expect from a system with the Wii's capabilities, so Ubisoft is at it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"