Redirecting link in signature

AxlsAppetite

Sidekick
Reaction score
Wasn't sure who to take this up with but the link in my signature is for the Guns N' Roses Official Website but it takes you to the bestbuy page to buy the CD when you click on it. Am i doing something wrong or.....?

That is weird... the only thing I can think of is that there's some kind of code in the new forum software that's trying to prevent people from linking to pirated music and if it even finds the name of a band in the URL it just redirects you to a place where you can buy their music. That sounds dumb but it's all I can think of.
I'll play around with it and see if I can get the link to work in my sig.

EDIT: I just tried putting that link in my sig and it did the same thing, redirecting me to the BestBuy page.
Then I tried putting in just http://web.gunsnroses.com/ without the splash.jsp and it worked fine.
Both URLs take you to the same place anyways so try that and see if it works for you.
As for what actually caused the problem in the first place,I have no idea.

Last edited:
That is weird... the only thing I can think of is that there's some kind of code in the new forum software that's trying to prevent people from linking to pirated music and if it even finds the name of a band in the URL it just redirects you to a place where you can buy their music. That sounds dumb but it's all I can think of.
I'll play around with it and see if I can get the link to work in my sig.

EDIT: I just tried putting that link in my sig and it did the same thing, redirecting me to the BestBuy page.
Then I tried putting in just http://web.gunsnroses.com/ without the splash.jsp and it worked fine.
Both URLs take you to the same place anyways so try that and see if it works for you.
As for what actually caused the problem in the first place,I have no idea.
I changed it and it works now, Thanks!

btw its not pirated music, its the official GNR site.

I changed it and it works now, Thanks!

btw its not pirated music, its the official GNR site.
I know it's not pirated, I meant maybe there's code in place that's supposed to prevent linking to pirated music and it changed your link by mistake. Anyways I'm glad it worked for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"