Rejected GR2 pitch

I don't think it'll be a win, as I'm sure Marvel Studios won't do a movie about a guy that makes a deal with the Devil, especially now that Disney is helming everything.

Not to mention rights reverting means no Nicolas Cage. And that's a shame.
See'the devil and max devlin'

1. Marvel Studios is a self contained entity, they're just like Pixar Disney lets them do their own thing for the most part.

2. The Disney doesn't want Marvel to go dark is unsubstantiated fanboy BS. If Marvel wants to do something with their more darker characters, they'll do them. They don't need to $100 million movies, nor should they and Marvel has said they want to go do smaller B/C-list characters after the Avengers. Also as bad as the PotC sequels were, they got pretty dark especially for a Disney movie. I mean the third one opened with a kid getting hanged, and if I remember correctly a Chinese prostitute getting shot in the head.

It sounds like a decent treatment but why do all of these people think they know better than the comics?

Use the comics there are some superb stories there to adapt into great movies, not making their own crap up.
Jason Aaron's run or Road To Damnation would make amazing movies.
because film makers are story tellers in their own right and might have their own stories with the character to tell. to me it's no different than another writer coming in and writing his own run, simply a change in medium.

Exactly, plus there's always the old saying of what works on the page may not work on the screen.

plus, comics are already a visual medium. if i want to see road to damnation...I'll get the comic.

I kinda liked this story. Would like to see how it would have evolved as it made it to the screen. Loved their idea with the concept Ducati becoming the new hellcycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"