"Rent" the movie

Superman

The Man Of Steel (Is #1)
Reaction score
Have any of you seen this movie? I just saw it the other night and was surprised at how much I liked it. The songs were very good and the story was interesting. I can see how the play has lasted 10 years on broadway.

Anyone else like it?:)

Saw the movie after seeing the play. Enjoyed the play, but this is one of the rare cases where I liked the movie better than the play. :up:

Great music. Solid acting. Good story. Rosario Dawson.

Nuff said.

I'm a Rent-head so I obviously loved it. I was extremely happy with Rosario Dawson as Mimi, I couldn't stand the original actress's voice from the OBC. The new Joanne was good too and she owned the song Seasons of Love. It's much more fun to act out the story imo though.

Well...

The problem with this movie is the overglorification. Every shot is HUGE and Hollywood, the antithesis of the play. So it goes from personal, powerful story to spectacle.

ALSO, they should have just adapted it instead of making song lyrics lines. The non-song scenes with dialogue were so weak because they didn't make it their own.

BUT the songs they did keep OWN their originals. I just wish they would have kept more.

TAYE DIGGS WAS UNDERUSED!

B+

We watched it in music class. I enjoyed it. The songs were great and it was a moving story. :up: :up:

I hated how Benny got the short end of the screen time

I was lucky enough to see the Original Cast on Broadway and the Nedermeyer theatre back in...91? It was great.

I loved seeing the film. While I didn't like it as much as the play, it was great to see those guys on the big screen. They've aged pretty well too.

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Personally, I f**king dispise it with every bone in my body. :)

This from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan.

Your credibility is stretched pretty thin, my friend. :D

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO! COWABUNGA DUDE!

:thing: :doom: :thing:

Bumping for the hell of it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"