Report: Microsoft to possibly phase out MS Points

IF it goes away then how do we pay for online content?,I know Gamestop prints the code onto receipts But the IGN article doesn't mention how it may be done now and I don't want to be using my credit card all the time for online stuff!

As long as Microsoft does not force you to keep the CC on file like they do when you buy an XBOX Live Subscription from them then I am okay with the every now & then purchase of XBOX Live Content using a CC

aren't the PSN cards printed in real currency amounts?

I'd imagine MS doing the same with their cards.

and I hope they convert whatever existing points you have in your account ( and on all current point cards ) into the equivalent dollar amount.

it would really suck if you lose all of your current MS points, or if that $20 1600 MS point card you just bought ( but haven't redeemed yet ) doesn't work after the conversion.

oh, and they just started their "Rewards" program not too long ago. will they reward you in real currency now?

aren't the PSN cards printed in real currency amounts?

I'd imagine MS doing the same with their cards.

and I hope they convert whatever existing points you have in your account ( and on all current point cards ) into the equivalent dollar amount.

it would really suck if you lose all of your current MS points, or if that $20 1600 MS point card you just bought ( but haven't redeemed yet ) doesn't work after the conversion.

oh, and they just started their "Rewards" program not too long ago. will they reward you in real currency now?

Yeah I really like PSN's way,MS making it the same way for Xbox would be so much better!!

I always thought MS points was about one of the dumbest things they did, especially since Live otherwise, is at the top of the pack for the online store space

IF it goes away then how do we pay for online content?,I know Gamestop prints the code onto receipts But the IGN article doesn't mention how it may be done now and I don't want to be using my credit card all the time for online stuff!
Real money?

I always thought MS points was about one of the dumbest things they did, especially since Live otherwise, is at the top of the pack for the online store space

Real money?

I agree. I've always hated the MS Points system. They will probably do something similar to what the PSN does. For people that don't have a credit card, they will probably be able to buy a $10, $20, etc., pre-paid card that you can pick up at just about any major retailer.

as long as they still offer prepaid cards to buy in store or download, and as long as they honor all current MS points and point cards, then I could care less what form the MS currency takes.

Real money would be an improvement.

letting non-Gold members access basic stuff like Youtube and the upcoming Internet Explorer would be an improvement, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"