A New Era for the Wrestling Thread

Looks like they are going with the whole "not pinned, not submitted" streak with Jade Cargill, at least in multiple women's matches. She did not win the Women's Rumble (she will in the future) but her aura and mystique remain.

Decent Smackdown to lead into Backlash, the 8 Woman tag to open the show was fast paced and all the ladies had their moments, the entrance order was weird though. :huh: The Kabuki Warriors are so good, always in the right position when feeding the faces, and I liked that they played off the history between Bayley and Bianca, everything isn't just magically forgotten because Bayley is a face now.

The tag title match was solid with the crowd really behind the Street Profits, but I expected A Town Down Under to retain, Montez Ford could be a challenger for Logan Paul this summer in my view. The most interesting thing within this section of the show was between Bobby Lashley and Carmelo Hayes, interesting potential there.

I'm surprised WWE aren't pushing Authors of Pain as a more dominant monster heel team.

Cody and AJ and the RKO/Bloodline angles added a last bit of steam going into Backlash, Heyman in dramatic pleading mode is gold and it was interesting to see him play off the crowd wanting Roman. 🤔

I made my way through Raw, the booking of Punk and Drew is so good, they're building momentum on their angle with minimal contact, and this segment on Raw really stood out with the way it was shot, it gave it an epic scale. This is the hottest angle on Raw and I don't think they need to add the World title to it, Punk is so ridiculously over that he doesn't need a belt and while it would be good for McIntyre, his personality is fueled by not having it.

Speaking of the World title, the segment with Logan Paul and the NFL guy was a great way of putting a big spotlight on Damien Priest and Jey Uso, I'm nit familiar with the football guy but they said he's a 3 time Superbowl MVP so i know he's a huge star in the US, and Logan Paul is a bona-fide superstar, maybe more infamous than famous but he's a one man brand and a heat magnet, plus he's a natural in the ring and on the mic, a classic wrestling heel, and they even used him to give Braun Strowman a big return.

They're building the Women's World Championship and Intercontinental Championship scenes we'll, obviously Becky vs Liv is first on deck but the backstage scene with Becky and Damage Control planted seeds for future challengers, I don't know if they've wrestled before but I'd like to see Becky vs Iyo in particular. Liv getting a big win over Nia Jax certainly boosted her stock and it was an OK match, they are sort of booking Liv as a tweener at the moment. On the IC front I'm guessing Sami vs Bronson vs Gable at the next PLE, I liked that Bronson didn't side with Gable, every man for himself.

The little backstage scene between Sheamus and Bron was interesting, I think Sheamus would be a good first big name opponent for Bron.

It was good to see Gunther back in the ring chopping nipples into oblivion, I'm guessing he'll win the King of the Ring but I hope he's going for the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam.

It was good to see Gunther back in the ring chopping nipples into oblivion, I'm guessing he'll win the King of the Ring but I hope he's going for the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam.
I can't lie, I'm really goddamn conflicted on Gunther vs LA Knight. LA Knight needs something by now and Gunther's just come off his titanic IC reign. So both need to look strong. A part of me wishes Gunther was just focusing on the WHC tbh

That was a good ass match. The brainbuster chair spot was INSANE.

There were zero rumors about Tanga Loa headed back to the WWE and then all of a sudden he shows up as the new member of the Bloodline.

Gulak, Trey Barehill, Feroz and other lesser known Nxt wrestlers have been released.

This has truly been a SOLID PLE so far.

The Priest/Uso match, the Naomi/Bayley/Tiffy triple threat and that crazy opener... this is good.

Again, j'adore this French crowd.

When this guy comes back, he will receive massive pops from the crowd for the first time in his career:

The PLE has been mostly good. But that women's tag team match was rough. Too long, Jade's selling was weak, and very botchy in spots. You cannot have someone that green in a match that long. Also, how many times did they lose track of who was legal? I stopped trying to keep track at a certain point. It was bad

Last edited:
Ending was never in doubt, but that was an awesome main event!

I’d give the PLE as a whole a solid 9.

If they must do Mania, SummerSlam or the Rumble outside of the country, DO IT IN FRANCE.

The crowd was dope.

I’d give the PLE as a whole a solid 9.

If they must do Mania, SummerSlam or the Rumble outside of the country, DO IT IN FRANCE.

The crowd was dope.
Seriously, it was like that crowd for the Sammy vs Roman match....for literally the entire show!

Never thought I would see the Guerilla's of Destiny in the WWE, and as part of the Bloodline no less. Tama Tonga had been rumored for a while to go to the WWE ever since he left New Japan back in February. However, there was nothing to indicate, even as of Saturday morning that Tanga Loa was headed to the WWE and the assumption was that he was still with New Japan. Nobody on the dirtsheets reported that Tanga Loa was leaving New Japan at all.

It took over a decade but Camacho finally got a pop in WWE :smile:

Bayley going to over in Europe forever!

Summerslam is at Browns Stadium this year. That's tempting

The question is will the Tribal Chief be back by then? All signs are pointing to him returning as a massively cheered face as the WWE has always wanted. After many failed attempts at making him a face and WWE being totally confused as to why fans were booing him as a face, it took a major heel run from Roman Reigns to eventually make him the face that the WWE has wanted for so long.

The speculation from fans is that the Rock is the mastermind behind the reshaping of the Bloodline and that Solo and the Guerrilas of Destiny are in the Rock's vision of the Bloodline.

The question is will the Tribal Chief be back by then? All signs are pointing to him returning as a massively cheered face as the WWE has always wanted. After many failed attempts at making him a face and WWE being totally confused as to why fans were booing him as a face, it took a major heel run from Roman Reigns to eventually make him the face that the WWE has wanted for so long.

The speculation from fans is that the Rock is the mastermind behind the reshaping of the Bloodline and that Solo and the Guerrilas of Destiny are in the Rock's vision of the Bloodline.
We will see. I live in Pittsburgh, so Cleveland isn't far from me and I grew up a Cleveland sports guy, so I am tempted to make the trek out there.

On the story front, I can see main event being Cody vs Solo and maybe Roman comes back and turns on the new Bloodline. That's my guess as to where this goes. I think Rock maybe won't make a return until the possible War Games match to screw Roman over. That's when we get the Final Boss reveal. This is all my speculation, but it's where I see this going

Just rewatching some clips... that brainbuster spot on the chairs with Tama Tonga and then Jade's finisher was absolutely crazy.

Anyone find it strange that the Smackdown side of the Queen of the Ring field hasn't been announced yet? Hopefully they announce it during the Bump tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"