Rescue Dawn

Yeah, this was filmed awhile ago.....and has gone through some release date changes....

caught this today, fantastic film. I may have to give his the nod of Bale's best performance after American Psycho. Truly a film to be marveled, and props to Stephen Zahn for totally holding his own in a supporting role.

I could've used more conflict with the enemy, but great cinematography, strong performance, and they really brought the jungle to life.

I just got back from this movie.......if its not showing really close to you, find where its showing and drive there........excellent, excellent movie......and if Zahn doesn't get a "supporting actor" nod from Oscar, then Oscar sucks....

yeah this movie should be seen by more people

You are not kidding......I haven't cried in a movie in a looooooooooooong time....and this movie brought me to tears.....just excellent.

they shouldn't have opened it in the summer. It got lost with the big budget movies. Even though july 4th does play a role in the movie which was why they probably released it on that day.

they shouldn't have opened it in the summer. It got lost with the big budget movies. Even though july 4th does play a role in the movie which was why they probably released it on that day.

Maybe.....but it didn't open around here until this past Friday.....and its only showing in about 4 theatres.....one just happens to be my favorite...thank goodness.

But I don't think it was ever meant to be in wide release.....if so, it wasn't a very wide release...lol

my showing was actually rather crowded, maybe 75 people or so.

I went to an afternoon showing, so I wasn't shocked at how few people were there. Also, the theatre I went to is one where most Indy type movies are shown so theres never really a big crowd for any movie.

I just got back from this movie.......if its not showing really close to you, find where its showing and drive there........excellent, excellent movie......and if Zahn doesn't get a "supporting actor" nod from Oscar, then Oscar sucks....
Yeah, Zahn is actualyl an amzing actor that usually gets overshadowed because you plays comedic side-kick roles. Unfortuantely, these roles will probably keep him form being seriously looked at for Supporting actor.

Checking this out tomorrow. Been looking forward to it very much. Then Sunshine on Wednesday and Bourne on Friday. Busy week.

This movie didn't make it to my city. What the bad place film distributors? Why couldn't this get out more?:cmad: :csad:

it's playing in a theatre about 45 minutes away from me. i'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

it's playing in a theatre about 45 minutes away from me. i'm gonna check it out tomorrow.

You will not regret the hour and a half on the road.......its well worth it.

I saw this movie today. It turned out to be more of a survival movie than an action flick. I am really into Survival movies like these. Christian Bale and Steve Zahn where amazing. :) Go watch it!

Just saw it today- been waiting a while for it to reach my local theaters- and loved it! The beginning was a little slow, but once it began it really began. Just an overall great film, great acting, great music, PHENOMENAL cinematography.

Some movies are able to take a person to someplace they have never been before and this movie definitely did that. When I got out of the theater, I felt like I was returning to 'civilization'. This type of feeling only occurs with a couple of films and I think one of the things that accomplishes that is through the sets, locations and cinematography. But, here since alot of it was locations rather than sets- I think that main duty may have went to the cinematagrapher. And I will be surprised if this film doesn't at least get a nomination in that field.

10/10

This was the most peaceful time at the theater I've had in while next to Sunshine. Bale was getting on my nerves but Zahn was simply brilliant, my heart sank
at his demise, literally gasped. :csad:
The man needs an Oscar, that is all I could think of during this film.

The choking up and tears came when they attempt to escape and the rescue.

*TheAlbaFan, you need to see Sunshine, you will come close to weeping. :csad: :up:

This was the most peaceful time at the theater I've had in while next to Sunshine. Bale was getting on my nerves but Zahn was simply brilliant, my heart sank
at his demise, literally gasped. :csad:
The man needs an Oscar, that is all I could think of during this film.

The choking up and tears came when they attempt to escape and the rescue.

*TheAlbaFan, you need to see Sunshine, you will come close to weeping. :csad: :up:

I've seen Sunshine.......I didn't really come to tears with it......maybe
when they were having to choose who would die in order to have enough oxygen.....but other than that....it seemed they were all resolved to die to do what they did......also, maybe alittle at the end.....:word:

Really, I was a freakin mess during that movie, til the very end. :csad:

Just saw this movie and I love it!!! Zahn performance was great! Cant believe he wasnt nominated for best supporting actor.

This movie is great, got great actors for the job. 8/10

Just saw this movie and I love it!!! Zahn performance was great! Cant believe he wasnt nominated for best supporting actor.

Total diss IMO......he should have at the least.....been nominated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"