Return To The 3rd Rock!

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
You know it occured to me, there are some tv shows that have had spin off's that have been ever unsuccesful or oversucceeded from the original... But that rarely happens... Anyway i was thinking sequels in the sense of a tv series... movies have sequels but we never see a return of a tv show because its just classed as a new series... So i figured you would have to have the same formate with a new story which is difficult to do with a tv series but i think i found a great solution...well show that we could produce the first sequel too... It is indeed "3rd Rock From The Sun" i used to love this show when it was on and missed it when the series ended. But then i thought about the possibilitiy of a sequel, same characters, new setting, new actors...

So here is my idea...

Dick,Sally,Harry and Tommy are Re-Assigned back to eath! however The Big Giant Head forbids them to return back to there old lives so they must have new bodies and set up a new life on the other side of the globe...i.e ENGLAND...! (There is a reason for this location but i will explain later) anyway you would then have four new actors playing the rolls of Dick,Sally,Harry and Tommy... and the reason they would have to be new is that if they can not return back to there previous lives then surely there faces would be tracked down after they all go missing. So new bodies, new location but same old hijinx. Through-out the progression of the series there would be several references to the previous show and how there coping in there new location. for example, instead of being called Dick,Sally,Harry and Tommy, there names would user the longer term so Richard,Samantha,Harold and Thomas... Dick/Richard would still continue to be a professor but for i dont know somewhere like Oxford University - However he still pines for Mary and that plays as a big part of his character development during the first series including him finally letting go. Sally/Samantha - is now in a country that is fasion mad, however instead of having the athletic hunky men she goes for there is only british folk. Harry/Harold - eccentric ways makes him most avoidable by everyone and as for Tommy/Thomas - well with the youth culter being the way it is in england i think Tommy would be in the situation where he is trying to get into the employement industry so he has evolved from the previous series...

You could also have cameo's of some of the previous actors/actress - like Mary Albright might turn up at Oxford University, imagine what Dick must be like, pining for her. she turns up, he persues her but forgets hes in a new body... as a new actor playing the role.

So why England...

Well as you know England has a slight edge over the US with making TV Shows, because were much smaller, and our TV Series only last about 6 episodes its alot cheaper for us to make such a tv show, see how successful it is with the UK Audiance then the US would by the rights show it on i dont know something like BBC America and then if the Americans like it they make there verson of the show... I mean look at The Office, that is prime example of why it was done in that context...

So which british comedic/actors would you choose to replace the icon roles already...

Heres who i would pick...

Dick - Anthony Head (Buffy/Little Britain)
Sally - Tamsin Greig (Black Books/Green Wing)
Harry - Noel Feilding (Mighty Boosh)
Tommy - Mike Bailey (Skins)

Well thats my thoughts anyone else have any views on a TV Sequel

'Sides, if there's any british that should play Dick Solomon, it's Hugh Laurie, and he's busy. :o

I actually thought this would be a reunion show. So disappointed now :csad:

But yeah, wouldn't work. At all. John Lithgow made that show. It couldn't work without him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"