What US Television Show would you like to see the UK remake?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
For years the british has made television programes sometimes short lived but then the americans make there own verson and its a success, for example, The Office - The Office An American Work Place, Steptoe & Son - Sandford & Son... i could go on. But i wonder, what american television shows would you like to see go the other way and find there own home on the uk shores?

Personally i think 3rd rock from the sun would make a brilliant sequel called Return To The 3rd Rock...

All the cast would be replaced because the only principle they were aloud to return was that they had new identities, new bodies and have no contact with there previous lives in rutherford.

The new family change there name from Solomon to Smith and there names are lengtherned to Richard, Harold, Thomas and Sarah.

You could question weather new actors could pull this off, but you would only have to look at the recent uk comedies in the lines of My Family, Peep Show, Mighty Boosh, IT Crowed, Two Pints, Growin Ups and comming of age.

If i was to make a cast suggestion...

Richard Smith - Alexander Armstrong
Harold Smith - Dylan Moran
Thomas Smith - Tony Bignell
Sarah Smith - Sarah Alexander

You could have several characters from the US show pop up unwittingly knowing its them... For example

Dick/Richard - pines for mary albright and spends most of the first series trying to get in contact with her. But a new female love interest is sent his way.
Sally/Sarah could bump into Don Orvil in england on vacation? He has become a bit of a playboy character because he used to date Sally. But the guys at his work are starting to believe its a one off until Don meets Sarah, who is infact Sally but she cant tell him that but she wants him anyway. Think of the comedy.
Harry/Harold - would be totally confused by whats happend and thus still refers to himself as Harry to which the rest of the group constantly try to remind him he is Harold now.
And Tommy/Thomas - could meet melissa who has come to england to study...

was there ever an english version of 90210/gossip girl/the oc? like teens growing up in an affluent area of say, london? would that work? this is coming from an american who loves UK culture.

Hollyoaks comes close, but no dont think we really have had that kind of show...

was there ever an english version of 90210/gossip girl/the oc? like teens growing up in an affluent area of say, london? would that work? this is coming from an american who loves UK culture.
The Only UK teen show i can think of that you could compare to an american one would be Skins but i wouldnt even compare that really, what with the amount of Sex, Drug Taking, Swearing and violence in it. Also thats getting remade in the States ive heard...

I always thought Supernatural couls work in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"