Rich Ross (Disney Channel) Becomes Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios

Financially it makes sense.

You guys may not like it, but Ross turned a failing entity into a stable and profitable enterprise.

Yeah, but it sucks.

I'm not gonna go that far at this point in time, because for all we know, things may not change at all from what Cook was doing, but I definitely am worried...

This is the nature of the business. You may not like it, but this is how it's been for DECADES.

You all have to ultimately realize, Disney's main audience is not us, but kids and kids love the Disney Channel and it's star.

From that standpoint this is a smart move.

If we were Disney's main audience, they would probably have folded by now.

Yeah, very smart move. Hmmm I wonder, they're bringing MMPR back next year to Disney XD. Maybe this guy will start a new Power Rangers movie if the show is successful.

You all have to ultimately realize, Disney's main audience is not us, but kids and kids love the Disney Channel and it's star.

Thats bull****. Great family/all-ages entertainment should be able to be enjoyed by both children and adults (Pixar, anyone?). The stuff on the Disney channel is just garbage.

No, you just can't accept the truth is. Disney is not trying to cater to teenagers and adults.

They are trying to make entertainment for children, and they seem to have done something right as everywhere you turn you see Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers/High School Musical merchandise.

Feels to me like we're moving into the Eisner years again.

No, you just can't accept the truth is. Disney is not trying to cater to teenagers and adults.

They are trying to make entertainment for children, and they seem to have done something right as everywhere you turn you see Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers/High School Musical merchandise.

As long as this guy doesnt change everything, I can live with this. If that means a dumbass Miley Cyrus movie every once in a while, so be it.

That's absurd :doh:. If that were the case, then Pixar would have failed at the box office, and the company itself should have lost revenue years ago.

Disney made enough revenue when they addressed a family audience, now they are only concerned with the simply formula that makes them money by the extremely profitable market in children under the high school level. This had led to a purge of any other focus of another demographic. The removal of storytelling and the teaching of ethics and morals is no longer apart of any of their media. The Walt Disney Co. is now charactering to children but for the wrong reasons. All "entertainment" is now is a simply formula of repeats of stereotypical, and cloned characters with a different cast or a new show the repeats the same style that ploys causes kids to care about something's image only. This is no longer entertainment, just a giant marketing machine and a big repetitive commercial, the only thing kids have to get out of this is merchandise that will be a lot of wasted time and more so of their parent's money. Just like any other It girl Miley will quickly fade out, and all of this greedy marketing will eventually nip Disney in the ass in a few years.

Wait, who's the headguy at Disney who was reading up on Marvel before the purchase? Because it sure as hell wasn't this guy. He was focused on feeding teenage girls this crap, instead of focusing on entertainment that everyone can like.

Wait, who's the headguy at Disney who was reading up on Marvel before the purchase? Because it sure as hell wasn't this guy. He was focused on feeding teenage girls this crap, instead of focusing on entertainment that everyone can like.

I believe it was Bob Iger.

Disney made enough revenue when they addressed a family audience, now they are only concerned with the simply formula that makes them money by the extremely profitable market in children under the high school level. This had led to a purge of any other focus of another demographic. The removal of storytelling and the teaching of ethics and morals is no longer apart of any of their media. The Walt Disney Co. is now charactering to children but for the wrong reasons. All "entertainment" is now is a simply formula of repeats of stereotypical, and cloned characters with a different cast or a new show the repeats the same style that ploys causes kids to care about something's image only. This is no longer entertainment, just a giant marketing machine and a big repetitive commercial, the only thing kids have to get out of this is merchandise that will be a lot of wasted time and more so of their parent's money. Just like any other It girl Miley will quickly fade out, and all of this greedy marketing will eventually nip Disney in the ass in a few years.
So tell me have you actually watched the show's on the Disney Channel to show that they teach no morals? Cause I've seen morals galore come up on all of Disney's hot series on that channel.

Each episode of Suite Life or Hannah usually ends with the main characters learning a lesson.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Disney was for the most part, a general audience outlet. It wasn't until people like Rich Ross came around in the late '90s-early 2000s when the Disney Channel became more about Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers/Demi Lovato/Selena Gomez/High School Musical (i.e. the tween girls demographic) than it was trying to appeal to everybody. I mean, it's Disney Channel in Name Only now since you hardly see Mickey Mouse or the more vintage movies/animation.

Which reminds me.

Cannon_Films.jpg

These guys need to come back, big time.

i been like sutie life on deck. its really good show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"