Stan Lee signs deal with Disney... good or bad

jdogg willie

Civilian
Reaction score
The Walt Disney Studios has entered into an exclusive multi-year first look deal with "Spider-Man" creator and producer Stan Lee and his production company POW! Entertainment, it was announced by Dick Cook, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios.

Under the terms of the agreement, Lee and his production company will develop and produce all forms of entertainment.

"As the father of such renowned comic book heroes as Spider-Man, The Hulk, X-Men among others, Stan is considered one of the most creative and inventive forces in the industry today. His innate talent of tapping into the human qualities of his super hero characters has certainly struck a chord with generations of audiences and readers around the world," stated Cook in making the announcement. "We are honored to be working with someone as formidable as Stan and his production company and welcome them to the Disney family."

"It's like the realization of a dream. Ever since I was a young boy, Disney represented the best and most exciting film fare to me. And now, many decades later, with movies such as their incredible Pirates of the Caribbean spectaculars, Disney is still at the forefront of family entertainment, excelling in live action, animation, TV, theme parks -- whatever it takes to bring fun and fantasy to audiences everywhere. I look forward with indescribable enthusiasm to being a part of that world and contributing whatever I can to keep the legend alive and growing," said Stan Lee, chairman of POW! Entertainment.

Oren Aviv, president, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production, added, "Stan Lee is a living legend in the world of pop culture and his characters and stories have been the inspiration for some of Hollywood's biggest blockbusters. We're very excited to be working with him and his talented team in creating some incredible new motion picture experiences. Stan has so many fantastic new ideas for films, and we can't wait to get started."

Bob Chapek, president, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, was instrumental in bringing this deal to Disney and will work closely with Lee on many of his projects.

Chapek said, "Stan is not only loved by fans of the genre, but is one of the most respected and admired figures in the entertainment industry. In fact, it's hard to think of another individual who has created as many memorable and appealing characters. We're thrilled that Stan has decided to make Disney his new home, and feel very fortunate to be collaborating with him on a wide range of new projects for all divisions of our company. His track record is impressive by any measure, and Home Entertainment is sure to benefit from his creations."

Gill Champion, POW! Entertainment, COO says, "There can be no better opportunity to perpetuate the Stan Lee/Pow! brand for all media than to be associated with the Disney Studio. No one better understands the incalculable value and importance of Developing, Producing, Distributing and Marketing new global franchises. We are incredibly impressed with the professionalism and valuable input from the executive and creative talent whom we now so eagerly join."

I think this could be interesting. Let's face it, the writing in recent Disney movies have not been very good.

Stan is just doing it so he can be cryogenically frozen like Walt.:down:cmad:

I a bit confused as to why Disney is working with Stan Lee.

Superhero movies are making bank in the multiplexes. The Incredibles was a hit. No one knows superheoes better than Stan. What's not to get?

Besides, it's an incredible PR move.

Well the movies that Stan helped make the characters for have made alot of money. So most likely there hoping he can come up with some more characters that will do the same for them. If anything this deal is great for Stan but bad for disney. sense Stan hasn't had many great ideas in the last decade or so.

Geez guys,

I just posted this thread just like 5 minutes ago. Thanks for posting so quickly

Does this mean Stan is going to finally whip Buena Vista into shape and MAKE them come out with Spider-Man: TAS and X-Men: TAS on DVD? I'm done with them screwing around.

Does this mean Stan is going to finally whip Buena Vista into shape and MAKE them come out with Spider-Man: TAS and X-Men: TAS on DVD? I'm done with them screwing around.

Dude, that would so fckin' rock!!!! MOST/ HIGHEST DVDS SOLD EVER!!!

Yeah, figured the phrasing word need more then a sentence:

If they released Spider-Man TAS Season 1, etc. and same with X-Men, etc. There have been so many fans waiting for these that these would bring in- obviously- ALOT of $$$. Maybe enough to set new "number of DVDs sold" record, or go in the top _ of "number of DVDs sold".

Yeah, figured the phrasing word need more then a sentence:

If they released Spider-Man TAS Season 1, etc. and same with X-Men, etc. There have been so many fans waiting for these that these would bring in- obviously- ALOT of $$$. Maybe enough to set new "number of DVDs sold" record, or go in the top _ of "number of DVDs sold".

A lot of people would pick them up, but not as many as you'd think. Certainly no where near record breaking.

I think this could be interesting. Let's face it, the writing in recent Disney movies have not been very good.

YAY!!!! WITH HIS HELP, DISNEY'S ANIMATION STUFF WON'T SUCK ANYMORE! THANKS, STAN! UR THE BEST!:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

probably the worst idea ever. stan lee has'nt had a good idea in over a decade. have you seen his prohjects they all suck. not only that but the dudes still lives in the 70's. His ideas are all with marvel comics.

Disney movies are done very well, and since the Marvel films will probably be PG-13 like Pirates, i'm looking forward to what it will turn out to be like!

Business is business. Stan doesn't own the Marvel rights, so all is well with Marvel.

This deal has happened cause they think Stan Lee has a "midus touch" Fast Forward from 1961 to 2007,they still think Stan Lee has the "midus touch".

This deal has happened cause they think Stan Lee has a "midus touch" Fast Forward from 1961 to 2007,they still think Stan Lee has the "midus touch".

What's the "Midus Touch"? I know what the "Midas Touch" is...

i love stan lee... he's like an awesome grandpa, but really, after the last few things he's done (that scifi original movie with the fast guy comes to mind) i'll stay uninterested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"