• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ridin’ with Biden: Not a convicted felon

E-cigarette's are bad for you, period. Cheap or expensive.

E-cigarette's definitely should. We're moving towards that in the EU.

Tobacco is worse for you. We shouldn't be banning less dangerous alternatives. We should be developing and providing safer nicotine devices. All this does is force people back to tobacco which increases health risks.

Last edited:

And all of those things are worse with cigarettes. You're confusing "less dangerous" with "entirely safe". Vaping isn't entirely safe. Just like caffeine products aren't entirely safe. But there are worse ways to consume both than vaping and drinking a soda.

I've used nicotine products for 14 years. Smoked 5 and vaped 9. Vaping doesn't set off my asthma, hasn't caused me upper respiratory infections, I haven't needed an inhaler or a nebulizer since I quit smoking, and I have far fewer sinus infections. So while I know it's not entirely safe, it is less dangerous than smoking tobacco.

As for cancer, live long enough and cancer is a guarantee and most things in life can cause it. Even mundane things like the aerosol in hairspray can cause throat cancer. I work outside 40 hours a week year round and skin cancer runs in my family, along with a host of other deadly health problems, so it's a race to see whoch kills me first.

The government regulates the health and safety and availability of ALL products.

There's tons of stuff watered down because of regulations or not available at all.

This isn't new. It's been the case our entire lives.
I dont see them banning caffeine products or regulating alcohol content in liquor. I don't see them banning fruit flavors in alcohol beverages.

Last edited:
Just a side question, but what would need to be done to effectively legalize recreational marijuana?

Just a side question, but what would need to be done to effectively legalize recreational marijuana?
IIRC, it would still need to be through Congress. POTUS can attempt to reschedule marijuana but will have to go through DEA, AG, FDA, HHS.

Move to California or any other number of states. Barring that, Congress passes law and POTUS signs it.

To be completely honest, I really don't care. (And I find this particular brand of science dubious at best.) The job of a progressive government is to protect the citizens from exploitation by the powerful, not from their own choices. There are plenty of ordinary food and drinks that run just as high risk for adverse health effects as tobacco use. We're not trying to ban those. It's simply en vogue to target tobacco, a feel-good crusade for the elite to pretend like they care about us when it's really just an ultimately pointless facade that restricts our freedom of choice. And this is as someone whose already ****** lungs have never been interested in smoking.

Why not lower the nicotine limit in vapes and cigarettes instead of banning vapes completely but allowing cigarettes?

The problem with e-cigs is they are a public health threat and worse they entice children to begin smoking so they have life long customers who are addicted to a dangerous substance and expensive habit.

Plain old regular cigarettes were and are on their way out. They are nowhere near as popular as they once were which is why e-cigarettes became the must-have alternative for the tobacco industry. Once they saw they could hook kids with the fruity flavors, the "cool" alternative look of "safe" smoking they knew it was going to stave off their demise.

Marijuana? It is not addictive and taking the generous stance that it is, not nearly as much as tobacco and the dozens of chemicals in it. Or e-cigarettes with it's own plethora of chemicals.

Nicotine just plain needs to be banned. Caffiene? Yes, it's addictive but I don't know of anyone who takes it and gets cancer as a result. Or COPD, or any other serious side effects.

Don't try pulling what about-ism on ****ing nicotine. There is only one other substance more dangerous than it that's legal and sugar is not being banned any time soon.

The problem with e-cigs is they are a public health threat and worse they entice children to begin smoking so they have life long customers who are addicted to a dangerous substance and expensive habit.

Plain old regular cigarettes were and are on their way out. They are nowhere near as popular as they once were which is why e-cigarettes became the must-have alternative for the tobacco industry. Once they saw they could hook kids with the fruity flavors, the "cool" alternative look of "safe" smoking they knew it was going to stave off their demise.

Marijuana? It is not addictive and taking the generous stance that it is, not nearly as much as tobacco and the dozens of chemicals in it. Or e-cigarettes with it's own plethora of chemicals.

Nicotine just plain needs to be banned. Caffiene? Yes, it's addictive but I don't know of anyone who takes it and gets cancer as a result. Or COPD, or any other serious side effects.

Don't try pulling what about-ism on ****ing nicotine. There is only one other substance more dangerous than it that's legal and sugar is not being banned any time soon.
Smoking killed both of my parents. Cigarettes should have been banned ages ago. :(

Smoking killed both of my parents. Cigarettes should have been banned ages ago. :(
Alcohol almost killed my brother and sometimes I want that banned. But then we would give rise to organized crime and nonregulated alcohol and tobacco products that could have god knows what in it.

Alcohol almost killed my brother and sometimes I want that banned. But then we would give rise to organized crime and nonregulated alcohol and tobacco products that could have god knows what in it.
I know. :( It just makes me sad is all.

Quick question how would Biden fair against Ron DeSantis?

There were some old polls where DeSantis did worse than Trump due to name ID and not having the cult draw of Trump yet.

The best case scenario for the 2024 general election would be Biden v. DeSantis v. Trump. Biden would have a chance at Bill Clinton levels of Electoral Votes under that scenario.

Biden says he backs filibuster changes to restore abortion rights. (saw on Bloomberg)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"