Ridin’ with Biden

Last edited:

My advice? Start actually doing something about Israel instead of talking and thinking about doing something.
Focus on federal marijuana legalization (I honestly believe most people would overlook the faults of any President who gets this passed)
More needs to be done about student loan debt.

Last edited:
The president giving a report to Congress is mandated by the Constitution, though most earlier presidents just submitted a document instead doing an in-person address.

The address fulfills the requirement in Article II, Section 3, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution for the president to periodically "give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient."

Written addresses:

President Washington began the tradition by doing his in-person:

Believing the practice of appearing in person to be too like the British monarch's address to Parliament, President Thomas Jefferson began sending written annual messages in 1801. President Woodrow Wilson revived the practice of presenting the message to Congress in person in 1913. The Annual Message to Congress became known as the State of the Union Address by the 1940s.

With any luck Republicans won’t even be able to stop a re-elected Biden from giving an address next March because they’ve lost the House majority.

Last edited:

My advice? Start actually doing something about Israel instead of talking and thing about doing something.
Focus on federal marijuana legalization (I honestly believe most people would overlook the faults of any President who gets this passed)
WRT Student loan debt, I think it's clear he's doing everything he can. In fact, some of his relief was blocked as an overreach. WRT Israel, I have some real problems with the way he's "progressing" in doing what he can to help fix this situation. Again, Netanyahu is the real culprit (okay, Hamas initially brought this on, but 2 wrongs don't make a right) and Biden's mistake was to not be more forceful at an earlier point in time.

Any president is boxed in by both the court decisions and a divided Congress so he’s nearly tapped out in what he can do there on debt alone.

I do agree with the article’s suggestion he needs more surrogates - particularly young Gen Z ones - out there to get the campaign’s message out both for Biden and against Trump.

My advice? Start actually doing something about Israel instead of talking and thinking about doing something.

Trump lost power in large part due to a random event: covid-19. Covid happened, and then the people evaluated that he mishandled it.

The same could happen to Biden. Israel/Gaza is one example, but bad things could also happen in the rest of the world as well, for example a Russian flag flying over Kharkov, or the Houthis sinking a major American vessel.

I think the election is very uncertain.

Trump lost power in large part due to a random event: covid-19. Covid happened, and then the people evaluated that he mishandled it.

The same could happen to Biden. Israel/Gaza is one example, but bad things could also happen in the rest of the world as well, for example a Russian flag flying over Kharkov, or the Houthis sinking a major American vessel.

I think the election is very uncertain.
I think Trump DID mishandle covid. He tried to ignore the problem instead of taking it on, pitted the states against each other in a bidding war over supplies, ruined the vaccine. 9/11 brought the country together, covid tore it apart. I took it as a shining example of what a poor leader does in a crisis. Nobody was ever going to handle it perfectly because we were so unprepared, but I still think Biden would done a better job of getting us through the worst of it.

This is erroneous.

In his speech, Trump clearly said there'd be a bloodbath for the American auto industry if Chinese cars are let in. He's said that he'd hit Chinese cars with 100% tariffs.

Not just the auto industry, he said the whole country and tied it to his lack of election.

The dark view resurfaced throughout his speech. While discussing the U.S. economy and its auto industry, Mr. Trump promised to place tariffs on cars manufactured abroad if he won in November. He added: “Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a blood bath for the whole — that’s [the auto industry] going to be the least of it. It’s going to be a blood bath for the country.”

I think Trump DID mishandle covid. He tried to ignore the problem instead of taking it on, pitted the states against each other in a bidding war over supplies, ruined the vaccine. 9/11 brought the country together, covid tore it apart. I took it as a shining example of what a poor leader does in a crisis. Nobody was ever going to handle it perfectly because we were so unprepared, but I still think Biden would done a better job of getting us through the worst of it.
I think that Trump did an awful job of handling COVID, deserved to lose the election over it, and then Biden proceeded to be awful as well.

Trump should have closed the border earlier and embraced non-pharmaceutical interventions such as masks and better ventilation. A lot of lives would be better now.

One other thing the president has to look out for is shenanigans by OPEC+ (Saudi Arabia + Russia) to raise global oil prices in the run up to the 2024 election date.

Not just the auto industry, he said the whole country and tied it to his lack of election.

I watched the speech. He's referring to the American auto industry.

The more important question is whether or not he's right. Can the American auto industry survive competition from Chinese cars?

(I don't know).

Becky-Lynch-Joe-Biden-678x381.jpg

Well it beats their last Irish pro-wrestling industry visit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"