• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ridin’ with Biden: Not a convicted felon

That should be enough hopefully.

Considering that over 1 million people attend our presidential inaugurations, 15,000 national guard seems like a woefully, hilariously inadequate amount. Even factoring in Covid and a low turnout there could easily be 300,000 - 500,000 people attending the inauguration. All of them on the Mall. And if even 10% of that crowd is MAGAt terrorists we're looking at a 3:1 advantage to the MAGAts.

That might seem like easy odds for soldiers with full auto rifles, but keep in mind the MAGAts will be mixed in with innocent bystanders that the MAGAts may use as shields and the Guard will inevitably be hesitant to shoot through innocent bystanders.

Last edited:
New terror threat points to plot to surround Capitol, lawmaker says - CNNPolitics

Biden inauguration is Hopefully very boring. Hopefully it won’t be violent this time, but it sounds like security is taking things more seriously this time and stepping up. I hope the national guards being sent will up hold there duties. Seems like vetting is being done for that but can they actually ever really confirm 100%? Secret service will for sure be tense that day or more alert then ever they is for sure.

They should just shut down all access to the capitol area until after the inauguration.

Just stream the ceremony outside but with no public access.

I see where you're coming from, but I'd rather see a modest public ceremony myself. I don't want these neo-Confederates to take away the message that the new administration is afraid of them or what they might do.

I see where you're coming from, but I'd rather see a modest public ceremony myself. I don't want these neo-Confederates to take away the message that the new administration is afraid of them or what they might do.

The optics will be worse if the inauguration is swarmed or bombed and they're forced to retreat.

The optics will be worse if the inauguration is swarmed or bombed and they're forced to retreat.

I agree that would be bad and again, I understand where you're coming from.
So don't let it happen. Learn from the security failure at the Capital Bldg. and take the needed precautions. I mean the trillions of $ we spend on defense should be able to cobble together some sort of ad-hoc protection for the incoming POTUS against a bunch of Para-Military Cosplayers (one would hope so anyway). I mean, even Abraham Lincoln had an inauguration ceremony.

First inauguration of Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia

I just don't feel that you can give these enemies of our nation an inch or their going to take a mile.

Just my 0.02$.

Or if it's a super spreader event.

Honestly this could've been a good first stance on COVID from the new administration.

Now as I and others have said if you don't do something it's gonna look like you bent to terrorists' will.

Or if it's a super spreader event.

Honestly this could've been a good first stance on COVID from the new administration.

Now as I and others have said if you don't do something it's gonna look like you bent to terrorists' will.

Preventing a super spreader event is a really good reason to avoid a giant crowd at the inauguration for sure, but a modest public ceremony that sends the message that we won't back down from these a-holes is a thing I'd really like to see.

Preventing a super spreader event is a really good reason to avoid a giant crowd at the inauguration for sure, but a modest public ceremony that sends the message that we won't back down from these a-holes is a thing I'd really like to see.
Modest or large either way it can be a superspreader event. It doesn't matter. Or just a spreader even in general it just takes one person to get multiple people infected. Even if people are wearing masks.

He should've said as soon as he was declared winner months ago: "Due to COVID, we will not have an outdoor public ceremony." It makes no sense that he didn't

Last edited:
So according to DC police chief 20,000 national guards will be present for Joe Biden inauguration. Wonder if they have intel that is making them increase the amount from 15,000 to 20,000.

Biden releases first statement after Trump impeachment, says unity never 'more critical'

President-elect Joe Biden said:
Last week, we saw an unprecedented assault on our democracy. It was unlike anything we have witnessed in the 244-year history of our nation.

A violent attack on the United States Capitol itself. On the people’s representatives. On police officers who every day risk their lives to protect them. And on fellow citizens who serve as public servants in that Citadel of Liberty.

Windows and doors were destroyed. Offices ransacked. A Capitol Hill police officer was murdered. Another lost his life a few days later. Four other people died in the senseless mayhem of that day.

This criminal attack was planned and coordinated. It was carried out by political extremists and domestic terrorists, who were incited to this violence by President Trump.

It was an armed insurrection against the United States of America. And those responsible must be held accountable.

Today, the members of the House of Representatives exercised the power granted to them under our Constitution and voted to impeach and hold the president accountable. It was a bipartisan vote cast by members who followed the Constitution and their conscience. The process continues to the Senate.

This nation also remains in the grip of a deadly virus and a reeling economy. I hope that the Senate leadership will find a way to deal with their Constitutional responsibilities on impeachment while also working on the other urgent business of this nation.

From confirmations to key posts such as Secretaries for Homeland Security, State, Defense, Treasury, and Director of National Intelligence, to getting our vaccine program on track, and to getting our economy going again. Too many of our fellow Americans have suffered for too long over the past year to delay this urgent work.

I have often said that there is nothing we can’t do, if we do it together. And it has never been more critical for us to stand together as a nation than right now.

So we must remember who we are as Americans and what we stand for and believe.

It’s time for us to be what at our best we have always been.

The United States of America.

Joe Biden (D) President Elect

MAJOR news:

Last edited:

jack-will-and-grace-shock-reaction.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member