Rob Zombie to resurrect The Munsters!

I think I'll watch Burtons Wednesday Addams show instead. I like Rob and I'm definitely a fan of his music (the 90s stuff anyway), but I just can't sit through this haha.

Wow, not even good enough for Peacock.

lol
Probably true, but I feel like licensing this to Netflix will get the studio more money than dropping it on their own service.

The Munsters movie is to Wednesday what Apollo Creed was to Ivan Drago. No contest, Rob.

What does that say about Netflix though? It's like Netflix is becoming the entertainment industry's garbage can or toilet bowl.
It's more appropriate to think of Netflix like a movie rental store. They don't just buy and offer the best of the best. They buy and offer everything from C list knock off trash to A list cinema, and its up to the customer to decide what they want to watch.

Makes sense when considering that Netflix began as a movie rental service.

Kind of telling that the first trailer came out, had such a bad reaction and all this Netflix/direct to video stuff got announced. They were most likely fishing to see if there would be enough interest for a theatrical release.

Nope lol

4ugdB6c.jpg

$5 million is half the budget of an hour of premium television. Between the main cast being in full make, the sets, the crew, and location shooting I doubt that $5 million went far. Especially with inflation and fuel costs up so much.

He definitely made a deliberate stylistic choice, but I don't think he's lying about the budget being tight.

Last edited:
$5 million is half the budget of an hour of premium television. Between the main cast being in full make, the sets, the crew, and location shooting I doubt that $5 million went far. Especially with inflation and fuel costs up so much.

He definitely made a deliberate stylistic choice, but I don't think he's lying about the budget being tight.

I tossed that out as an arbitrary number. I have no doubt budget was tight, but Filmmaking 101: You don't cheap out on your camera. It is a visual medium, and if the movie looks cheap then people will not take your film seriously. That's legit a day 1 lesson. If you are using cheaper equipment, then it needs to look artistic to compensate. This doesn't. It looks cheap

I tossed that out as an arbitrary number. I have no doubt budget was tight, but Filmmaking 101: You don't cheap out on your camera. It is a visual medium, and if the movie looks cheap then people will not take your film seriously. That's legit a day 1 lesson. If you are using cheaper equipment, then it needs to look artistic to compensate. This doesn't. It looks cheap
The vfx look cheap, but the photography looks like a 2K DI at the least. If Zombie was going for 60s television quality vfx he nailed it.

He should have filmed it in 8mm or 16mm black and white. It might have added to post production costs, but the black and white photography would have allowed them to cut costs on set design.

The funny thing about this is that when the Rob Zombie was announced as the director, a lot of us expected Herman to be a mass murderer and Lily to be a heroin addict who abuses her kids.

Now, that version sounds preferable lol.

The funny thing about this is that when the Rob Zombie was announced as the director, a lot of us expected Herman to be a mass murderer and Lily to be a heroin addict who abuses her kids.

Now, that version sounds preferable lol.
Yeah I would have much rather had an R rated horror film from the perspective of the monsters. Do some quality body horror with Herman. Grandpa could be a ghoulish Nosferatu. And Lily could be the sociopathic human witch. Have a group of humans stumble onto their property and bloody gore ensues. And throw in some black humor for fun.

Its "A Talking Cat?" level cinematography.

I say we jump Rob Zombie for this atrocity.

Can Zaslav jump ship to Universal and cancel this please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"