Robert Downey Jr. Boards Jon Favreau's Chef

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104133

Robert Downey Jr. is set to team with his Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director (and Iron Man 3 co-star) Jon Favreau for the recently announced indie comedy Chef, Variety reports. Sofia Vergara, John Leguizamo and Bobby Cannavale are also set to headline.

Not a lot is known about the plot of the film except that it would take pace in a Los Angeles-based restaurant run by an emotional chef, played by Favreau.

Downey is also set to headline the upcoming comedy drama The Judge and is currently in negotiations to bring his Tony Stark back for Joss Whedon's Marvel's The Avengers 2.

Chef, not to be confused with the long in-development movie of the same name, will begin production in Los Angeles in July.

:hmm

I'm glad Favreau is returning to smaller stuff. I think he got lost in trying to be a blockbuster filmmaker for a while.

Yeah, I'm glad to de him doing this too. I think he's a great director, I still think the big problem with cowboys and aliens was the writing, not his directing, it still had good atmosphere and framing on of the action.

Does this mean Magic Kingdom is pushed back again?

I thought Jon and RDJ had a fallout with IM2 or was that just a rumor?

i dont remember any news about that. i think Jon wanted to do other projects.

Nothing happened with Bob and Jon; something happened between Marvel and Jon. But not severe enough to make him stop being Happy.

Ahh, alright...so it was Jon and Marvel...I thought back in 2010, there was a rumor about something going on between Jon and RDJ.

Sofia Vergara?

9X8i9DQ.gif

ScarJo and RDJ with Favearu in this movie? It's like IM2 all over again. ;)

Can't wait for this. I love John Favreau as a director so it's great to see him get back to routes after cowboys & aliens (which I honestly don't blame him for).

Cool, a food truck movie. It's about time actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"