RockSlide Gets No LOVE!

I'm guessing make them omega-level, since you're apparently not a mutant these days if you're not an omega-level mutant.

Still, how would he be a "goldmine"? He's made of rock and he shoots his limbs. I mean, that's pretty much it, right?

What can they do with his powers? :confused:

For example:

How long can he be without a physical form?
What holds him here between changes of form?

If there is no rush,.. he could fall apart in one place and reform somewhere else at whatever speed his energy travels.

If he need's a physical "touch stone" he could choose to be carried around by his friends to optimize what material he would make his body from.

There has not been a limit put yet on what he forms himself out of,.. he could be an absorbing man of the sort that can use anything available.

They could explore whether he's limited to mostly unliving matter,.. what if he tries this with plants or animals,... he does it to a bull and forms some sort of minotaur or a body made out of a hardwood?

He started off being able to explosively release a body part. What if this power can be used to produce propulsion ala cannonball?

I don't know, a feature about watching a rock grow? Don't get me wrong watching grass grow is pretty awesome, but I'm just not sure that would be all that compelling, though if they crossed over into countdown then that would take center stage as the most exciting fast paced storyline ongoing.

For the body merging thing they have terror for that, and he's a cooler character.

I don't know, a feature about watching a rock grow? Don't get me wrong watching grass grow is pretty awesome, but I'm just not sure that would be all that compelling, though if they crossed over into countdown then that would take center stage as the most exciting fast paced storyline ongoing.

For the body merging thing they have terror for that, and he's a cooler character.

There are a lot of Marvel heroes who's powers run along similar lines and motifs.

Look ar Spiderman, Spiderwoman one thru five, Arana, Ben Reilly, Venom, and Eze,.... Ezzack,.. the old guy with the spider powers.

Point - As Mutants go,.. When Cannonball started out I thought:
"Marvels finally scrapping the bottom of the barrel."

I started liking Cannonball when he finally learned to turn.

I see Rockslide that way after i realized that the character was once human,... hit puberty with all the mess that comes with, and became a rock being who's only friends were others who went thru the same sort of change.

I'm even more interested now that they are not limiting him to one form.

What if Mcoy convinces him that his bodies shapes are determined in part with how he sees himself?

He could come back with four arms,... or 20 feet tall.

Yeah but then we get another Ice Man can rule the universe if he just wanted to, Omega Mutants are cool type crappy stories. Which of course leads to Onslaught and other horrible "more power=better" stories. If Marvel wanted him to be a cool character they'd best work on his personality not his powers, that's where he seems to be really lacking.

Yeah but then we get another Ice Man can rule the universe if he just wanted to, Omega Mutants are cool type crappy stories. Which of course leads to Onslaught and other horrible "more power=better" stories. If Marvel wanted him to be a cool character they'd best work on his personality not his powers, that's where he seems to be really lacking.

I agree.
Develop his character,... but start with his friends realizing where he's coming from.

Right now he's reactive in the mode of whether anything that catches his attention is "cool" or not.

Twisted thought,... His perfect opposite would be dust,... but first you have to get past her religion,... and his lack of one.

They already started stretching him in last arc with him acting more ,.. intelligent, and concerned for his friends.

They need to run with this.

Don't take away stupid Rockslide. They'll take away the funniest part of the comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"