The All-Things Gymnastics Thread!!!

charl_huntress

Avenger
Reaction score
Gymnastics is great! It's one of the most watched sports during the summer Olympics! Unfortunately that means gymnastics is only discussed every four years and that's a shame. So welcome to the All-Things Gymnastics Thread, where gymnastics will be discussed year round! :woot:

Feel free to post vids, news articles, or whatever. I plan on posting routines that are awesome and worthy of repeat viewing. Since Brazil is hosting the 2016 games, it seems only fitting to kick this party off with one of Brazil's most famous gymnast, Daiane Dos Santo.

The vid isn't the best quality, but this is Dos Santo in her prime. She wasn't the most elegant gymnast, but she was an absolutely fearless tumbler with stamina.

Enjoy!

[YT]pwNF-wAUzAc[/YT]

Edit:

She never really could stick that first pass, but compare the previous routine to this one. This is the BEST she has ever done it! Look at the height she gets!

[YT]sv5xSS7lZjQ[/YT]

Last edited:
Most female gymnasts agree beam is the hardest apparatus. It takes skill, control, and power to land difficult maneuvers on a four inch wide beam. One of the best beam performers ever was Yang Bo. Unfortunately, she was a very inconsistent gymnast, and she was plagued with injuries for most of her career, but when she was on... She was on!

This is perhaps the most beautiful beam routine ever! There are absolutely no flaws what so ever.

Again the quality of the vid leaves a lot to be desired because it's older footage.

Enjoy!

[YT]5hPNs05BbXY[/YT]

My contribution charl.

86751-gymnastics-uneven-bars-fail-gi-qlyA.gif

Haha! Thanks Fallen and welcome to the gymnastics thread!

That looks like Nastia Liukin? Haha! I planning on posting some awesome falls soon. Falls and slips are great.

Man.... I keep looking at that epic fail from my girl, Nastia, and I just can't have that be the only gif of her. It's so uncharacteristic.

anigif_enhanced-13507-1392957802-1.gif

Last edited:
The Amanar is considered one of the hardest vaults in women's gymnastics, but for my two cents the Produnova is harder.

[YT]-w22XGbAjZk[/YT]

Though that doesn't mean the Amanar isn't bad Ass.

[YT]ScPJhhObthY[/YT]

Also if you're wondering men's gymnastics has too many difficult vaults to name them all.

[YT]9kdj2yJ9ktA[/YT]

The absolute best rivalry in GYMNASTICS...and it was all played out on a world stage in 1988.

[YT]ksIJJJSwKvk[/YT]

And here are some better vids of the individual performances for floor only.

[YT]xukL8xHXFAc[/YT]

[YT]gxN_13eGPg0[/YT]

The thread for gymnastics to be discussed year round....

Gymnastics wasn't even discussed in this thread during the Olympics this year. :o

What are the events in gymnastics outside of an Olympics? World and continental championships?

I don't know, but it's a good idea to keep this thread around. I tend to forget about gymnastics as soon as the Olympics are over, but I could watch Aly and Simone forever so as long as they're still in it, I think I'll continue to follow it.

Also, I never knew Charl Huntress got banned. Shame; always liked her.

I don't know, but it's a good idea to keep this thread around. I tend to forget about gymnastics as soon as the Olympics are over, but I could watch Aly and Simone forever so as long as they're still in it, I think I'll continue to follow it.

Also, I never knew Charl Huntress got banned. Shame; always liked her.

Why do you have an avatar of Lochte?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"