Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

Guys. You're acting like every Rocky movie ever hasn't been "predictable".

It's...pretty funny.

They're all straight-forward, feel-good, over-the-top "lazy" (your word) affairs. That's not a bad thing.

Of course Drago's kid makes sense here. Adonis is the brash type of guy who's not going to care that Drago's kid had nothing to do with it personally, it's more a "name" thing, for glory and reputation and all.

We don't know how Drago himself fits into this, whether he's repentant or whatever, but especially if he's not there's going to be plenty of logical room here for Adonis to see this as personal, even if only to get at Ivan by pummeling the **** out of his son.

That's really not any more simple or obvious or uninspired than the broad concepts of any other Rocky flick.

IMO, There has been just as many bad Rocky movies as there have been good ones. Rocky 1 and 2 were both great.. Rocky 1 left us guessing to the very end whether Rocky would actually win. And then to have it pay off in Rocky 2 was very satisfying.
But Rocky 3 was pretty bad, Rocky 4 was only good in a comedic kind of way, and Rocky 5 was over the top nostalgia...totally inconsequential. Rocky Balboa was surprisingly enjoyable, but it too... relied heavily on nostalgia. Now... there's Creed. The first film was based a lot on Rocky 1 and 2, but it's easy to forgive, because - hey - they had to get this new franchise up and running. But to still be stuck in the past in the sequel... it's a big let down. It tells us right off the bat what this film's intentions are.
Yeah, there has been a lot of derivative, uninspired work in the Rocky movies. There's also been a lot of really inspiring work though too. I would have liked Creed to go in that direction. Maybe they still will. As others have said. It's about execution.

Guys. You're acting like every Rocky movie ever hasn't been "predictable".

It's...pretty funny.

They're all straight-forward, feel-good, over-the-top "lazy" (your word) affairs. That's not a bad thing.

Of course Drago's kid makes sense here. Adonis is the brash type of guy who's not going to care that Drago's kid had nothing to do with it personally, it's more a "name" thing, for glory and reputation and all.

We don't know how Drago himself fits into this, whether he's repentant or whatever, but especially if he's not there's going to be plenty of logical room here for Adonis to see this as personal, even if only to get at Ivan by pummeling the **** out of his son.

That's really not any more simple or obvious or uninspired than the broad concepts of any other Rocky flick.

IMHO that's not a good message for the films or a lesson for Adonis to learn.

This is the laziest route the franchise could've gone. It's like a Simpsons, Family Guy, or SNL sketch pitch.

I need your guys' time machines so I can know the movie sucked. :o

This made me laugh...
I hope Adonis and Rocky have a falling out after Adonis finally watches the match where his father died and realizes Rock let Apollo dance himself to a state exhaustion for a good four minutes before the fight even started. "Not throwing in the towel, I can understand that. I can forgive that. But letting him go out there dressed like Uncle Sam, wearing his legs out trying to keep up with James Brown? Nah, Unc. You had to know that was wrong. You had to."

w5J5LGm.jpg

lggvstm.jpg

rq7XLea.jpg

6UngKc4.jpg

Last edited:
Official plot synopsis...
"Life has become a balancing act for Adonis Creed. Between personal obligations and training for his next big fight, he is up against the challenge of his life. Facing an opponent with ties to his family's past only intensifies his impending battle in the ring. Rocky Balboa is there by his side through it all and, together, Rocky and Adonis will confront their shared legacy, question what's worth fighting for, and discover that nothing's more important than family. Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can't escape your history."

I wonder if we will see Adonis older siblings in this franchise again?

the plot synopsis: Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can't escape your history - sounds a lot like something the 4th instalment would say.

the plot synopsis: Creed II is about going back to basics to rediscover what made you a champion in the first place, and remembering that, no matter where you go, you can't escape your history - sounds a lot like something the 4th instalment would say.
I'm confused, what history? Are we going to find out that Adonis is really the love child of Apollo and Drago's wife?

I think meaning beating Drago's kid won't change anything. Apollo is still dead and nothing is changing that.

Drago looks more like Dolph Lundgren now. He looks more human than this roided-out superhuman killing machine caricature from the 80s. Now he actually looks more like a real person.

Really curious as to see how this film goes.

Drago looks more like Dolph Lundgren now. He looks more human than this roided-out superhuman killing machine caricature from the 80s. Now he actually looks more like a real person.

Years of steroid abuse does that :o

Hopefully Rocky knows to throw in the towel this time. :o

Trailer 2 should be out in September. I'm sure we'll get to see plenty of Dolph Lundgren in that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"