Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

This is why I am really happy the Broccoli's still have a major controlling interest in the James Bond franchise.

I dont love it either. Creed/Rocky universe sounds forced. I say if you have good movie ideas, go ahead. But not a fan of the general Cinematic Universe idea

Last edited:
I’m not adverse to the Creed-verse.the films haven’t disappointed yet so I am assuming that they won’t start now.

And I here thought that the cinematic universe trend was dying out.

Please don’t fast and furious this franchise and make him some super spy for the government

What a fantastic film. I loved this. Just some amazing performances from the cast. And what a debut for director Michael B Jordan.

As for those criticizing this becoming a cinematic universe, I hate to break it to you. You are 3 movies in on a spinoff, you are already in a cinematic universe.

NGL, I'd probably watch a trilogy about the Drago's but this ain't the time lol.

Yeah, I finally saw Creed 2 a few months ago. And the set up they had with the Dragos and where they were kind makes it....uncomfortable to do at the moment.

Still can't believe they had such big timeline errors in this film. They had the 2nd Conlan fight take place in 2017 and then he retires but the majority of Adonis' career before and during Creed II takes place during that time and 2018. They aged up Amara too much for it only being 3-5 years after the Conlan fight. Plus, the amount of time Dame was in prison and then released didn't line up fully either.

I didn't notice any funkiness with the timeline watching it. Unlike, say....Rocky 5 when his kid is suddenly a teenager despite being the same age he was in 4

Last edited:
Still can't believe they had such big timeline errors in this film. They had the 2nd Conlan fight take place in 2017 and then he retires but the majority of Adonis' career before and during Creed II takes place during that time and 2018. They aged up Amara too much for it only being 3-5 years after the Conlan fight. Plus, the amount of time Dame was in prison and then released didn't line up fully either.
I mean Apollo died in 1985. Let’s be generous and say Adonis was born in 1986. That mens he was 29 when the first movie happened. Not exactly old but not exactly young either to be competitive at that level

I mean Apollo died in 1985. Let’s be generous and say Adonis was born in 1986. That mens he was 29 when the first movie happened. Not exactly old but not exactly young either to be competitive at that level
He was doing those unsanctioned fights in Mexico for an untold amount of time so it's not like he just all of sudden started boxing. Plus it helped he had Rocky as his coach.

Just got back from it. I gotta agree with the consensus that it wasn't as good as the first Creed but better than II, although this didn't get me in the feels as much as the first two. MBJ did an amazing job directing and acting. Majors was a powerhouse too. The fight scenes were some of the best out of the entire Rocky/Creed series.

Finally got to see this last night. I am blown away. It takes its place up there with Creed 1 and Rocky 1 as best in the franchise. It’s the best of the sequels to either Rocky or Creed. The pacing was great, the performances were amazing and it was one of the more well-fleshed out films in the franchise. I loved the concept of repeating the Rocky story, but this time the Rocky-esque underdog is manipulative, angry and willing to bend the rules to win at all costs.

Huge props to Jordan, who selflessly gave equal time to flesh out the antagonist as he did the hero of this story. And Majors does a great job of delivering a portrayal of a complicated character who firmly resides in a grey area. And Phylicia Rashad is amazing in this. She broke my heart.

Great film.

caf1f9c6c98aabc4cb30dc6042b2c006baf03521.gifv

8f669d4371451db2daa24db68137785c33150f23.gifv

Finally was able to see this. Enjoyed it. First Creed is still the best of the three IMO, but this was better than part 2. And Creed's siblings were finally mentioned!!! That had always bugged me in the previous movies lol.

Popped it on Saturday night and loved. Fully engrossed in it.

My wife, however, had a visceral aversion to it. Might have to divorce her.
A solid reason at least. Would look awesome on divorce papers. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"