Grayskull: Masters of the Universe - Part 3

Thwaites would probably get cast as Adam or something. No way he's playing a Tri-Klops.

Thwaites would probably get cast as Adam or something. No way he's playing a Tri-Klops.
You mean there a chance we'll get a 34-year old Adam?
Are they going to change the character that much?

You mean there a chance we'll get a 34-year old Adam?
Are they going to change the character that much?
Stranger things have happened.

Just saying, Thwaites isn't going to settle for playing a character like Tri-Klops.

This is the first piece of news that’s gotten me genuinely excited about this project. Knight, if he’s indeed chosen would be a great get.

Last edited:
Who cares, does anyone believe it will actually get made? They've been hiring people on this for over a decade. I will believe it when I see a trailer

Who cares, does anyone believe it will actually get made? They've been hiring people on this for over a decade. I will believe it when I see a trailer
This might be wishful thinking on my part, but I do think the immense success of Barbie has reinvigorated interest in Mattel properties so I think there’s a better chance of this project happening than before, not a guarantee, of course. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
This might be wishful thinking on part, but I do think the immense success of Barbie has reinvigorated interest in Mattel properties so I there’s a better chance of this project happening than before, not a guarantee, of course. Fingers crossed.
I hope it did, but cause of the history of this never happening, I have to SEE results before I care lol

This might be wishful thinking on my part, but I do think the immense success of Barbie has reinvigorated interest in Mattel properties so I think there’s a better chance of this project happening than before, not a guarantee, of course. Fingers crossed.
Hopefully you’re right and that’s influenced some exec’s minds.

Knight and Butler would be some incredible gets. Hope this works out. First time I’ve cared about this movie.

That is quite possible.
And from what i gather, Masters of the Universe is a constantly well selling Merchandise machine...so putting some more fire under this project thanks to the Barbie movies, is possible.
Would be neat.

I dont know, I see the He-Man toys on clearance or on sale at Target like, all the time. Not sure how well they're actually selling

Noticed this synopsis in the article:

The film is based on the popular 1980s cartoon series, and this iteration revolves around 9-year-old Prince Adam crashing to Earth in a spaceship and being separated from his Magical Sword – the only link to his home on Eternia. After tracking it down almost two decades later, Adam is whisked back across space to defend his home planet against the evil forces of Skeletor. But to defeat such a powerful villain, Prince Adam first will need to uncover the mysteries of his past and become He-Man — the most powerful man in the universe.

This movie could be big. If things get moving fast enough I wonder if this could make 2025

I really hope they embrace the weirdness and the darkness of that whole world.

Frankly, Travis Knight doing this with Chris Butler writing has made me feel a lot more at ease than I've ever been about this project. Also, Amazon MGM deciding to release it in theaters.

Not sure if it will work out, but I at least am more optimistic with Knight and Butler on board. No offense to the Nee brothers, but nothing I've seen from them and nothing they've said about the project really got me excited.

I really hope they embrace the weirdness and the darkness of that whole world.

I hope they don't set it too much on Earth like the 1987 movie. If Adam is stuck on Earth for like 20 years, just make it so he's living with his maternal grandparents since Marlena is from Earth. Keep things like that intact.

I hope they don't set it too much on Earth like the 1987 movie. If Adam is stuck on Earth for like 20 years, just make it so he's living with his maternal grandparents since Marlena is from Earth. Keep things like that intact.

I can tell you that wasn’t really what happened in any of the drafts that I’ve read. Or at least, god, ten years or so ago. Read them through a friend of a friend.

I can’t believe how long this film has been in the works, lol.

I can’t remember much. But I enjoyed what I read and none of what I read was Earth based, all Eternia. They all “embraced the weirdness.” Unless that’s significantly changed, it seemed like those behind each draft was trying to give fans what they want.

I can tell you that wasn’t really what happened in any of the drafts that I’ve read. Or at least, god, ten years or so ago. Read them through a friend of a friend.

I can’t believe how long this film has been in the works, lol.

I can’t remember much. But I enjoyed what I read and none of what I read was Earth based, all Eternia. They all “embraced the weirdness.” Unless that’s significantly changed, it seemed like those behind each draft was trying to give fans what they want.

Well this version starts with him getting spirited away to Earth at about age 10 and he's stuck on Earth for 20 years because he loses the Sword of Power. He finds it and that gets him sent back to Eternia which is now controlled by Skeletor and he has to figure out how to become He-Man.

“10-year-old Prince Adam who crashed to Earth in a spaceship and was separated from his magical Power Sword—the only link to his home on Eternia. After tracking it down almost two decades later, Prince Adam is whisked back across space to defend his home planet against the evil forces of Skeletor. But to defeat such a powerful villain, Prince Adam will first need to uncover the mysteries of his past and become He-Man: the most powerful man in the Universe!”

I think this can work. If Butler and Knight channel some of that LAIKA magic and sensibility and translate it into MOTU/Eternia it might be really cool. Knight is the only director who treated the Transformers with any kind of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"