Rocky/Creed Cinematic Universe Thread

Totally, agreed. Seems a little odd, but if they actually make a point of addressing that specifically it'll be fine. If not, notsomuch.

Keep in mind, Gorbachev in real life actually was pretty amiable. Not to the level of actually wanting the Union to collapse, but he was receptive to free markets and stuff in a way all off his predecessors and even contemporaries weren't. Not the type of guy to condemn a civvie to decades of hard labor over a sporting event.

Not directly about this movie but I just saw this and had to share. :D

9ORX1tF.jpg

Anybody else think that the video implies Viktor has a bit of Clubber Lang's chip on his shoulder to him as well as his daddy's pure power?

Anybody else think that the video implies Viktor has a bit of Clubber Lang's chip on his shoulder to him as well as his daddy's pure power?

Seems that way, perhaps he blames Rocky and indirectly his proteges for the perceived loss of fame/wealth/honour his family would have had in Russia had Ivan Drago won.

Seems that way, perhaps he blames Rocky and indirectly his proteges for the perceived loss of fame/wealth/honour his family would have had in Russia had Ivan Drago won.
If they really wanted to invert the Creeds and Dragos, than showing Ivan having an extremely unhealthy relationship with his son that has left Viktor yearning for his father's respect but only being able to earn that by doing his dad's dirty work while Donnie manages to enjoy the love of the Creed family and even his father's best friend would be the best way to do that.

That workout scene does look a lot more Rocky-like than Ivan-like. I like that.

Spoiler alert at 1:45 for a character from one of the past films returning. I couldn't help myself.

Tessa's so pretty.

Official runtime is 129 mins.

Glad to see that there's apparently some complexity to the Dragos. If nothing else, having a true foil to Rocky and Donnie's relationship will benefit the latter pairing immensely.

I know MBJ is the hot star right now but surprised we haven’t seen any Stallone interviews. I assume it’s either because he’s filming Rambo or they don’t people asking about those rape allegations.

Is Tessa Thompson doing interviews? She’s just as popular as MBJ now after Ragnarok.

If the film sort of exposes how stupid the idea of legacy is and that Adonis needs to beat Drago's son to cement his career is stupid and unnecessary, I think I can maybe accept this story.

Other than that, I find this idea of retreading the Drago story to be very lazy.

What's it got to do with his career, why assume that?

If anything, it's going to be a personal grudge match. Sure, you can make the argument that Ivan's son isn't responsible for it so why direct the rage there, but revenge is an irrational thing. He's not going to get to fight Ivan in the ring, the dude's 60-whatever, a hotheated young man is probably going to project that macho stuff onto the son as a consolation.

If the film sort of exposes how stupid the idea of legacy is and that Adonis needs to beat Drago's son to cement his career is stupid and unnecessary, I think I can maybe accept this story.

Other than that, I find this idea of retreading the Drago story to be very lazy.

When they announced a year ago that Drago's son was going to be the antagonist, I thought it was lazy too. The trailers have subsided that feeling.

The good news is that Drago himself was pretty two-dimensional, so if Creed 2 digs deeper the way the first one did, there's a lot of room to make the Dragos compelling and the tone from the trailers make me hopeful that we sort of get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"