Playstation RUMOR: Sony to acquire Take Two if Microsoft is successful in the Activision deal

my whole point with our conversation last year is that you were making it sound like there can be only one kind of playstation studios game, which is that third person cinematic type you're referring to. but then later you said Just Dance would help diversify their slate and my only response is if you care about diversifying their slate, then you should be on board with IPs like Persona & Yakuza.

and if that's what you're saying now, well, right on then.
I don't know where you got that. But please do find that post, if I really said that.

I will have to point out, that my preference with Sony games are their glossy third party story driven action adventure games but I never said, Sony should only release those kind of games games. I never said, they should abandon their other franchises like MLB, Astro, Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet.

I don't know where you got that. But please do find that post, if I really said that.
here 👇
Their games just don't feel like they would fit in with Sony's AAA games. Like if we don't know who developed Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs, its possible someone would think they are from the same company that released Ghost of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man 2018, Days Gone and those other Sony third person games with photo realistic games.

Yakuza doesn't look like a triple A game imo, and looks a bit dated compare to its fellow open world games. I don't think Tekken fits in with Playstation Studios. I bought it last year for my eX, and from of what I witnessed, compare to other fighting games I played,
its definitely no Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Then Persona, I'm not really into its visuals and it doesn't look like it would fit in well with Sony's major game franchises.

Imo, if they have to acquire a studio. It should have franchises/ips that would feel natural being a PlayStation franchise. I know not every franchise has to feature photo realistic graphiX, however Sony iirc, want their games to feel like blockbuster movies. So the best candidates if they have to acquire a major studio are: Take 2 (GTA, Red Dead, Mafia) and Ubisoft (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs).

I also how no clue how popular are Bandai Namco and Sega now? I don't think they are as huge as Take2/Ubisoft. Persona I know is popular but thats it. Ubisoft and Take 2 would definitely be bigger purchases.

Square Enix, I think that ship has sailed for that one given the recent news.
I will have to point out, that my preference with Sony games are their glossy third party story driven action adventure games but I never said, Sony should only release those kind of games games. I never said, they should abandon their other franchises like MLB, Astro, Gran Turismo and Little Big Planet.
now to be clear, I didn't claim that you said that Sony should only release those kinds of games or abandon their other franchises that aren't 3rd person story driven games. what I claimed was (in that post with your blue writing) you are making it sound like there can be only one kind of playstation studios title, which is a 3rd person story driven game.

it's different from saying that you have a personal preference. everyone has a right to their own personal preference. but in that post, you were making it sound like Sony should only be making or acquiring games that adhere to your personal prefrences.

like I said, sounds like now you agree that they should be diversifying their slate, so rock on 🤘

Well are you disagreeing that Yakuza isn't on par with Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, Spider-Man Insomniac, Horizon, God of War? Yakuza games don't look like triple A games.

And as for "Imo, if they have to acquire a studio. It should have franchises/ips that would feel natural being a PlayStation franchise".

There's nothing wrong with that.

Well are you disagreeing that Yakuza isn't on par with Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us, Spider-Man Insomniac, Horizon, God of War? Yakuza games don't look like triple A games.
I said this to you last year, but just because Yakuza games don't look like AAA games to doesn't mean that they are not AAA games. Because the fact of the matter is, Yakuza is one of Sega's AAA franchises.
And as for "Imo, if they have to acquire a studio. It should have franchises/ips that would feel natural being a PlayStation franchise".

There's nothing wrong with that.
I never said there is anything wrong with that. All I said was, you're making it sound like there is only one kind of game that would feel natural in being a playstation franchise; a third person story driven game. and to that, I disagreed. and I still disagree now. I thought your opinion now was that it's important for there to be a diversity in the type of games Sony is known for.

I did say Yakuza "look like" double A games, Twice.

If its an actual triple A game franchise, then thats for another topic I haven't commented yet.

I have seen a couple of Yakuza games in my local store. And the older games are more eXpensive than Sony's 1st party games.

I never said there is anything wrong with that. All I said was, you're making it sound like there is only one kind of game that would feel natural in being a playstation franchise; a third person story driven game. and to that, I disagreed. and I still disagree now. I thought your opinion now was that it's important for there to be a diversity in the type of games Sony is known for.
Not really.

I'm not campaigning for Sony to drop Gran Turismo, Astro, Little Big Planet and MLB.I just don't care for those games.

Also, I have no interest in playing Returnal and Demons Souls and those are third person games with photo realistic glossy graphiX.

And I already said other franchises like Just Dance, Far Cry, Rainbow SiX, if they were to acquire Ubisoft would be nice to diversify their games more...

I did say Yakuza "look like" double A games, Twice.
actually...no, you didn't. I see that you edited your post above to include the tidbit about Yakuza looking AA to you, but that's the only time you have said it. once, not twice. all the other times in this thread, you have only ever said that Yakuza doesn't look AAA to you. and that's when I have said that just because it doesn't look AAA to you doesn't mean it isn't AAA.
If its an actual triple A game franchise, then thats for another topic I haven't commented yet.
not "if". it is AAA.
I have seen a couple of Yakuza games in my local store. And the older games are more eXpensive than Sony's 1st party games.
what? which of the older games are more expensive than Sony's 1st party games?

are you sure you weren't looking at special edition copies?
I'm not campaigning for Sony to drop Gran Turismo, Astro, Little Big Planet and MLB.
dude...I never said that you were campaigning Sony to drop some of their franchises. All I said was, you were making it sound like third person story driven games are only type of games Sony should pursue.
I just don't care for those games.
and that's perfectly fine. I don't particularly care for the FFS series but I acknowledge the association it has with the playstation brand. and that's the point I was trying to make to you. there is a difference between expressing your personal preference, and pressing your personal preference as the only way to go.
Also, I have no interest in playing Returnal and Demons Souls and those are third person games with photo realistic glossy graphiX.
I'm aware that there are a lot of games with photorealistic graphics, but you realize that gaming is bigger than just your preferences right? there is a huge audience of people who sought games like those.
And I already said other franchises like Just Dance, Far Cry, Rainbow SiX, if they were to acquire Ubisoft would be nice to diversify their games more...
yeah I know you said that but this is after I called you about just being fixated on Sony's 3rd person story driven outputs. so once again, if you agree that it's important that Sony diversifies their games, then you should be fully on board with Sony acquiring Sega to acquire games like Persona & Yakuza.

and if you are on board, then rock on 🤘 but if you aren't on board, then I'm sorry but you're just not making sense.

Yes they don't fit. The graphiX of Yakuza aren't on par with Sony's top 1st party games. In comparison, Yakuza games look like AA games.

Twice.

what? which of the older games are more expensive than Sony's 1st party games?

are you sure you weren't looking at special edition copies?

dude...I never said that you were campaigning Sony to drop some of their franchises. All I said was, you were making it sound like third person story driven games are only type of games Sony should pursue.

and that's perfectly fine. I don't particularly care for the FFS series but I acknowledge the association it has with the playstation brand. and that's the point I was trying to make to you. there is a difference between expressing your personal preference, and pressing your personal preference as the only way to go.

I'm aware that there are a lot of games with photorealistic graphics, but you realize that gaming is bigger than just your preferences right? there is a huge audience of people who sought games like those.

yeah I know you said that but this is after I called you about just being fixated on Sony's 3rd person story driven outputs. so once again, if you agree that it's important that Sony diversifies their games, then you should be fully on board with Sony acquiring Sega to acquire games like Persona & Yakuza.

and if you are on board, then rock on 🤘 but if you aren't on board, then I'm sorry but you're just not making sense.
I can't remember, must be Yakuza 0 and another game.

Uncharted IV is definitely much cheaper so as Horizon 2017 in my retail store. And that was like 2 to 3 years ago.

Uncharted IV is definitely much cheaper so as Horizon 2017 in my retail store. And that was like 2 to 3 years ago.
Yakuza 0 came out in the west the same year as Horizon Zero Dawn so it's likely they were both $60 back then. Uc4 may have already been at a discount. If there were any Yakuza games more expensive than the others, then you must have been looking at newer releases.
nope, in those two quotes that is still just one time that you said the term "AA game"

I looked through the entire thread, and you only used the term "AA game" that one time. all the other times, you were dismissing Yakuza as not looking like a AAA game.

Yakuza 0 came out in the west the same year as Horizon Zero Dawn so it's likely they were both $60 back then. Uc4 may have already been at a discount. If there were any Yakuza games more expensive than the others, then you must have been looking at newer releases.

nope, in those two quotes that is still just one time that you said the term "AA game"

I looked through the entire thread, and you only used the term "AA game" that one time. all the other times, you were dismissing Yakuza as not looking like a AAA game.
Okay, why are you putting my words in my mouth.

I knew what I was typing. And you don't need to comment on every single thing Ive said. I might not said Aa game TWICE, but the other post, I was clearly stating Yakuza games don't look like an AAA game (AAA games on par with Sony's big games)... like give it a rest. It is coming across as nitpicky.

Yes they don't fit.
here we go again. I see that you edited your post on the previous page, so I have more points to make to you.

first of all, you do not get to decide for the entire playstation community what does and doesn't fit in their catalogue. just because you are not into a certain series doesn't mean millions of others aren't into it. and before you tell me that you didn't say that: I have you quoted right here saying that they don't fit. you didn't word it as an opinion, you worded as if it is a fact.
The graphiX of Yakuza aren't on par with Sony's top 1st party games. In comparison, Yakuza games look like AA games.
so what? you probably haven't even played a lot of Yakuza games but the cutscene graphics can actually be very photorealistic sometimes. and who said that the graphics of a game has to be on par with Sony's top first party games in order to be considered as an acquisition by Sony?
Persona has a comic booky look and the cutscenes/talking scenes, iirc, are very different to most first party games by Sony.

And Just Dance is Just Dance...
this right here is you contradicting yourself. you are the one who said on page 4 that a game like Just Dance would help diversify Sony's slate. yet, just above, you complained that a game's graphics should disqualify it from being a part of Sony's slate. why then would you suggest Just Dance?

Persona and Just Dance are BOTH very different to most first party games by Sony, so why did you even bother trying to suggest Sony to diversify their slate at all?
Okay, why are you putting my words in my mouth.
I am not putting words in your mouth...quite the opposite actually have been quoting your posts and replying to specific pieces to each to make individual points.
I knew what I was typing. And you don't need to comment on every single thing Ive said. I might not said Aa game TWICE, but the other post, I was clearly stating Yakuza games don't look like an AAA game (AAA games on par with Sony's big games)...
I know what you were saying. Ever since page 4 of this thread your sentiment has been "I don't think this fits, so Sony shouldn't buy it" or "I don't like this series, so Sony shouldn't buy it" and even if that isn't what you meant, that is what it sounded like. it's as if you are thinking only about yourself.
like give it a rest. It is coming across as nitpicky.
I'm not going to "give it a rest". I have tried to talk to you about this in a level headed way with politeness, and respect. this is my style of posting. I have conversed with everyone on this forum in this way. but for some reason, with you, instead of showing a mutual respect, you decide to be hostile and unfriendly.
It is coming across as nitpicky.
you say it is me being nitpicky, I said it is me calling you out on something questionable you said. why do you even bother to have discussions with me? you might as well just ignore my posts if you don't like talking to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"