RUMORS: MS to announce 80 or 100 GB hard drives, HDMI cable, etc.

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
http://videogamejocks.com/blog/2006...larger-hdds-hdmi-cables-and-game-price-drops/

According to a Destructoid mole, a major announcement from Microsoft should come around November 22nd, the start of downloadable movies and television shows on the Xbox 360, that announces several big developments for gamers.
On the hard drive: They are going to announce and release 80GB or 100GB hard drives, but not sure yet which one but possibly both. As well as the future 160GB and 200GB options.
Cables: HDMI cables and prices should follow this hard drive news. Expect a $69.99 price.
Game price drops: The Outfit for the 360 is dropping to $10 at Best Buy FOR SURE. It's also a solid rumor that many will drop to $15 and $20 through the holidays. Madden 06, PDZ, THAW, King Kong, NHL06, Ridge Racer (already is) and most dated sports games.
None of these rumors sounds too outlandish and I happen to know for a fact that at least the larger hard drives and Outfit price drop are absolutely true. I just can’t wait for Microsoft to announce all these HD and gamer-at-large friendly announcements just as Sony brings everyone into the next generation of gaming and true high definition.

If this is true, thank God. I'd love the 200 GB one!

Speaking of KK, Blas...

I got it today... with my HD-DVD add-on :)

farmerfran said:
Speaking of KK, Blas...

I got it today... with my HD-DVD add-on :)

Yesssss!!!! Enjoy it, my friend! Best movie ever!
Next week I'll be getting the extended version! :)

Am I the only one who
Cried at the end? I felt so bad for Kong, and the music was just amazing.

farmerfran said:
Am I the only one who

Pretty close.

I was fortunate enough to watch a screening of the 1933 Kong recently.....with Ray Harryhausen in attendance and speaking.

Extended Kong....I wish "extended" meant "cut the first half that never went anywhere out".

farmerfran said:
Am I the only one who
Wait a second

Wait a GODDAMMNED second

You're spoilering the ending to KING KONG?

Here's a spoiler for anyone who doesn't know the ending:

You are so dumb that it is only a matter of time before you suffocate yourself with a garbage bag

SpiderFan17 said:
Wait a second

Wait a GODDAMMNED second

You are so dumb that it is only a matter of time before you suffocate yourself with a garbage bag

ronburgundy.jpg

"That doesn't make sense."

SpiderFan17 said:
Wait a second

Wait a GODDAMMNED second

20051205l.jpg

Augh. Beaten to the Penny Arcade toon.

More spoilers-Darth Vader is Luke's father, and Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

I didn't cry...I think cause I knew he was gonna die. But that movie turned out to be sooooooooo underated!

200Gb?

I hate to think what they would charge for that :(

artist71 said:
I didn't cry...I think cause I knew he was gonna die. But that movie turned out to be sooooooooo underated!
It was good but at the end of the day it was still just King Kong. I liked it more than the 1930's original, but that's not saying much.

Not as good as Lord of the Rings... :ninja:

Am I the only person who thought every single LotR movie was great, but could have been shortened a little?

Mentok said:
200Gb?

I hate to think what they would charge for that :(
When its the new standard, 100.

Microsoft seems to be pricing themselves towards a base price for a standard. Example: 64 mb memory card, 39.99. Peter Moore has said that the 256 mb memory card will probably see the same if not similar pricing, and the 64 mb will be heavily discounted. We can assume, then, that when HDD's come out, if the new standard is 80, then it will be 100, and the 20 gig drives will be dropped to perhaps 50 (because they still want markup). If anyone literally thinks 20 gigs = 100 so 80/20 x 10 = 400 dollars, they're nuts. There's markup margins to be had, but they aren't completely insane. The hdd prices are high as it is to give incentive to buy the premium units to begin with.

farmerfran said:
Am I the only person who thought every single LotR movie was great, but could have been shortened a little?
Are you kidding they were too short.

I wouldn't call a pain-in-the-ass sit-still-for-four-hours too short for a movie. Most movies are 1/3 that length.

WhatsHisFace said:
I wouldn't call a pain-in-the-ass sit-still-for-four-hours too short for a movie. Most movies are 1/3 that length.

It can be made quite enjoyable-there's a theatre that regularly runs all three (extended!) flicks in a marathon and provides 7 Hobbit meal courses as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"