Runaways Civil War Tie-In Question.

Rellings

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, I've come into a little extra money and have recently ordered the Runaways hardcover containing every issue of the first volume. I also picked up last months issue(19) and well pick up the hardcover containg the first 18 issues of the current volume when it is released in December.

But my question is about the Runaway/Young Avengers Civil War Tie-In.
I'd like to know if this is an essential read that is affecting the current Runaways books? If so, I'll head on over to my LCS, grab em, and read em when I get caught up.But if it's not I'll have saved a few precious dollars.

Rellings said:
Well, I've come into a little extra money and have recently ordered the Runaways hardcover containing every issue of the first volume. I also picked up last months issue(19) and well pick up the hardcover containg the first 18 issues of the current volume when it is released in December.

But my question is about the Runaway/Young Avengers Civil War Tie-In.
I'd like to know if this is an essential read that is affecting the current Runaways books? If so, I'll head on over to my LCS, grab em, and read em when I get caught up.But if it's not I'll have saved a few precious dollars.

It won't come into play till the next arc but based on the events of the last issue

potential death of another runaway

it's probably worth getting

RUNAWAYS will catch up to CIVIL WAR and thus the aftermath of YA/RUNAWAYS by about issue #21 or so, so it may be worth it to invest in the mini series.

Plus, it's actually pretty good and one of the better things to come out of CW. Marvel's freshest teen teams meet up in the middle of the conflict and may just have to find a way to not argue long enough to survive. It's an old plotline, but it's being done effectively, which is good enough to me. Zeb Wells proves himself able to write both teams well enough, and the art is vibrant. I'd recommend it.

Marvel's solicit for the new Runaways HC:

RUNAWAYS VOL. 2 HC
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Penciled by TAKESHI MIYAZAWA, ADRIAN ALPHONA & SKOTTIE YOUNG
All New Cover by ADRIAN ALPHONA
This deluxe hardcover collects RUNAWAYS VOLS. 5-6, plus extras. In TRUE BELIEVERS, it’s an all-new beginning for the book that Wizard calls “the best original concept from Marvel in thirty years!” When a group of teenagers discovers that their parents are actually super-villains, they run away from home...but that’s only step one! Now that the evil Pride is gone, nearly every bad guy in the Marvel Universe is trying to fill the power vacuum in Los Angeles, and the Runaways are the only heroes who can stop them! Plus: What does a mysterious new team of young heroes want with the Runaways, and which fan-favorite Marvel characters are part of this group? And in ESCAPE TO NEW YORK, the Runaways embark on a coast-to-coast adventure, guest-starring Cloak and Dagger AND the New Avengers! When Cloak is accused of a crime he didn’t commit by the heroes of New York City, the vigilante is forced to turn to the teenage Runaways for help. This story will take our teens to a place they’ve never been: NYC! Collects RUNAWAYS (VOL. 2) #1-12 and the Runaways/X-Men team-up from FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2006.
312 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99

If you are planning on getting this, take note that it only has issues #1-12, of Volume 2.

You are still going to have to get #13-24.

OR

I guess you can wait for the Vol. 3 HC which is most likely going to be that, but that won't be here for a while I imagine.

I also recommend the Civil War min right now, good stuff.

This deluxe hardcover collects Runaways Vols. 5-7, plus extras. In True Believers, it''s an all-new beginning for the book that Wizard calls "the best original concept from Marvel in thirty years!" When a group of teenagers discovers that their parents are actually super-villains, they run away from home... but that''s only step one! Now that the evil Pride is gone, nearly every bad guy in the Marvel Universe is trying to fill the power vacuum in Los Angeles, and the Runaways are the only heroes who can stop them! Plus: What does a mysterious new team of young heroes want with the Runaways, and which fan-favorite Marvel characters are part of this group? In Escape to New York, the Runaways embark on a coast-to-coast adventure, guest-starring Cloak and Dagger AND the New Avengers! When Cloak is accused of a crime he didn''t commit by the heroes of New York City, the vigilante is forced to turn to the teenage Runaways for help. This story will take our teens to a place they''ve never been: NYC! And in Parental Guidance, the villainous Pride returns, but this all-new group isn''t made up of the Runaways'' evil parents. Who are these shadowy players, and what do they want with the Marvel Universe''s next generation of heroes? Collects Runaways (Vol. 2) #1-18.
Hmmm.... Guess my local book store typo'd or haven't updated yet.

Yeah I don't see why it wouldn't have up to #18?

Maybe they changed it, due to BKV's departure. That way #13-25 can be Vol. 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"