Russos' and Hemsworth's "Extraction" (Netflix)

Man Hemsworth looks all kinds of badass in this, and the movie itself really does look entertaining. I honestly wish he'd do more stuff like this instead of all these forced franchise reboots, because the guy definitely has all the talent in the world to be a legit action star IMO. I mean I really enjoy him as Thor in the Marvel movies, but its no secret that he's still struggling outside of that franchise.

This looks pretty good.
The action looks inspired and Hemsworth seems like he's putting in the effort. I'm gonna check it out.

I almost laughed at the part of him consoling the kid. Is there a plot twist that he's secretly an android in this?

This has been out all day.

Has anyone seen it? Is it any good?

It's at 64% on RT with an average rating of 5.8.

The action is good. The rest is average. Sam Cosgrave should have asked Joe Russo for a dialogue and character polish, and should have put the same effort in the dialogue scenes that he put in the action to make them at least a bit interesting and entertaining (look at John Wick, the dialogue and character scenes are as fun and memorable as the action). A better music score could have helped, too.

I enjoyed it. The action was better than I was expecting. Nothing too special about the story. Although the ending was surprising until I read test audiences helped lead to that change.

Yeah I read that too. I kind of like how ambiguous the ending is.

Yeah I read that too. I kind of like how ambiguous the ending is.
I thought it was ok, but I was going into the ending with a more pessimistic view of “Oh, it’s that kind of film” with how the final action scene was going and thought it was done there.

The movie itself wasn't great, but like most here I also really enjoyed the action sequences that were on display in this. You could really tell that the director was definitely a fan of the John Wick/Raid films, because a lot of it is very well staged and choreographed. Chris Hemsworth looked great doing the sequences too and hell I even thought he handled the dramatic stuff very well. This movie did have some pacing problems at times though and that ending was a little too ambiguous IMO, but overall I did enjoy it and honestly between this and 6 Underground I do hope we get more of these big budget, hard R action flicks even if I personally prefer seeing these kinds of movies on the bigscreen.

7/10

Watched it tonight, didn’t overly feel it and I normally love a good simple action movie that’s violent but the story and the way it played out was just a bit too cartoonish for me. The action was good but not amazing and felt a bit too John Wick-light. However Hemsworth gave a really good and really game performance, and the kid is a very good acting find. Harbour was good in his cameo, and maybe with a better script the director could go on to do some good things, as he certainly shows potential for his first directing gig.

But despite being even more cartoonish, I enjoyed The Hunt more as an action movie. 6/10.

I liked the movie. Story was nothing special, pretty simple. The action and fighting scenes were top notch though

Let's not put B-movies through the mud, please. This was simply forgettable and mediocre. Had nothing to do with its "level."

I mean a lot of the Netflix originals come off like that to me. They have 2 or 3 notable actors, but nothing you would've paid to see for even a bargain matinee at theaters. Those to me are basically b-level movies.

Sort of like that action-thriller buddy comedy movie with Frank Grillo and Anthony Mackie.

I consider the likes of "Piranha," "The Evil Dead", "The Blob," "Braindead," "Iron Sky," Roger Corman productions, as well as most of 1950s science-fiction to be B-movies. This has nothing to do with that. It's just mediocre.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this for what it was

I will say that Randeep Hooda’s character Sajju was decently etched enough however not given enough to do. Especially for someone like Hooda is such a gifted actor. Hooda doesn’t always have the greatest script sense.. he often gives a performance which is better than the film’s quality but he doesn’t seem able to choose great scripts. He chooses interesting concepts but those projects turn out to be average plus films

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"