Russos' and Hemsworth's "Extraction" (Netflix)

Yeah, I remember being really excited to see the first one because the trailer looked great but it was so mediocre. Never bothered to see part 2, especially since they made a sequel to a Snow White movie without Snow White, lol.

Well Snow White ****ed the director of the first movie so that changes things.

Well Snow White ****ed the director of the first movie so that changes things.

Yeah I know about all that but the whole thing was just stupid. The director didn’t come back for the sequel so I don’t know why they felt the need to punish Stewart for that.

I mean, the first movie sucked and Stewart was mediocre in it at best but the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way at the time.

Yeah I know about all that but the whole thing was just stupid. The director didn’t come back for the sequel so I don’t know why they felt the need to punish Stewart for that.

I mean, the first movie sucked and Stewart was mediocre in it at best but the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way at the time.

Well I never watched the sequel as the whole story they wanted to tell just seemed stupid to me.

At first I put aside the notion of watching this movie but so far it's good. The action scenes are great and Hemsworth owning a bunch of kids was actually funny.

And they got david harbour? That's cool

When a 22 year old lead actress has an affair with her married 41 year old director during production, thus jeopardizing a $170 million film, it tends to make studio execs question their multi-million dollar investment in said actress.

At least Rupert Sanders wasn’t invited back for the sequel either. But after his second feature Ghost in the Shell, looks like he’s in movie jail.

When a 22 year old lead actress has an affair with her married 41 year old director during production, thus jeopardizing a $170 million film, it tends to make studio execs question their multi-million dollar investment in said actress.

I guess. But if anything I think it just makes him look predatory. The movie still made enough money that they made a sequel. Did the affair cause problems on set?

Yea, I don't think the affair should have been relevant. How did it "jeopardize" the movie? That was personal between Stewart and Sanders (and I guess Sanders' wife and Robert Pattinson, whom Stewart was dating at the time).

I finally caught this. I enjoyed the Hell out of this man. THAT one shot action sequence was MINDBLOWINGLY good! Like on John Wick/Atomic Blonde level good. Idk how you do a sequel though but im down lol

I finally caught this. I enjoyed the Hell out of this man. THAT one shot action sequence was MINDBLOWINGLY good! Like on John Wick/Atomic Blonde level good. Idk how you do a sequel though but im down lol

Same thing. Finally watched it today, after it was recommended by one of my favorite You Tubers, the Critical Drinker ( check him out).

Anyway, a very solid action flick - really liked the cinematography, which was mostly close and personal with only a few wide angle or establishing shots.

Felt a bit like an 80s action film, but without the bravado.

Everyone had understandable motivations, and despite being a total badass, the hero wasn't invincible - but wasn't an emasculated loser who had to beg forgiveness from anyone. I actually enjoyed it more than John Wick - no disrespect but the whole massive secret society of assassins thing always feels a bit ridiculous, very comic booky, but played a bit too straight. This film didn't pretend anyone was anything other than who they were so tons of respect for that.

I could see the Russo fingerprints all over it, but it worked very well. Would definitely be keen for a sequel.

Hemsworth did well in this role. This is probably his best non Thor movie appearance as of late. He's believable as a badass mercenary but brings a little soul to it. Not every movie needs to be shakespeare, I like movies like this every now and then, just straightforward, no holds barred action thrillers. But if youre gonna do that, the action needs to be on point, and boy was it here.

Hemsworth did well in this role. This is probably his best non Thor movie appearance as of late. He's believable as a badass mercenary but brings a little soul to it. Not every movie needs to be shakespeare, I like movies like this every now and then, just straightforward, no holds barred action thrillers. But if youre gonna do that, the action needs to be on point, and boy was it here.

Again, totally agree. Hemsworth is totally believable in the role ( not something I could say about a few of his other films).

I was serious about the Critical Drinker - check out his Youtube channels with reviews and recommendations - the guy is a published author ( books on Amazon, the Ryan Drake series, under his real name Will Jordan). His rants are hilarious. @Prison Mike might enjoy his stuff as well.

Me too. Maybe take an hour or so but I’ll get there

Hell yeah, super excited for this.
The First one already became a constant visitor in my home.
Have watched the movie quite often since it came out and always enjoy it.

Apparently CH is already in Czech Republic and is gearing up to start filming Extraction 2.

Looking forward to this. The first one was one of the most intense action films I’ve seen in recent years and it had some heart to it. I’ll gladly watch more Tyler Rake adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"