S-VHS - The V/H/S Sequel

The Red Band trailer was released...too bad I can't link it but damn it looks really good.

This movie is going to be amazing. I LOVED the first one (thought I was the only one) and if this will top that, I'll be a VERY happy man. This movie can not get here fast enough.

When I watched the first movie, I ordered it on demand one morning and watched it with my brother. We loved it (aside from the "Saturday the 14th" segement). We're gonna continue the tradition next week when the sequel is released on demand again :D I predict a beer/pizza night.

When I watched the first movie, I ordered it on demand one morning and watched it with my brother. We loved it (aside from the "Saturday the 14th" segement). We're gonna continue the tradition next week when the sequel is released on demand again :D I predict a beer/pizza night.

I'll continue my tradition of getting a cute girl to come watch it with me.

I've tried that. They get dis-interested pretty quickly.

V/H/S/2 is now out on VOD and Itunes. :up:

Hym2x0x.png

Watched early today. The third segment by Evans and some other guy was absolutely magnificent. The rest of the film is largely forgettable. The first and last segments feel particularly weak and repetitive in both content and style of some of the segments from the first film. The second segment is a decent enough zombie gimmick done well, but zombies are so overdone at this point that it's hard to get excited by it. The wraparound is weaksauce, but better than the first film's wraparound.

If someone spliced together a film using the best parts from VHS and VHS2 (ie Succubus(1), Zombies(2), Haunted House(1), and then Cult(2)) using the wrap from this film.. now that is something i'd watch over and over again.

But man, that third segment. Wow. Great, great stuff.

Just saw it.

Tape 49- The main plot that carries throughout the film, it's nowhere as good or surprising as the first one. It felt like it was sleepwalking almost the entire time just so we can get to the tapes. 4/10

Phase I Clinical Trials- This one felt like something was missing, there's one or two good scares but it could've been much better. I do however like the camera techniques. 6/10

A Ride in the Park- A very interesting concept that doesn't really go anywhere. Also I was disappointed in the acting. 6/10

Safe Haven- This was easily the best one of the bunch, it has a great set up and great delivery. This was the one I can see Gareth Evans (the Raid director) make into a effective full length film. 9/10

Slumber Party Alien Abduction- Man, this one is the other one I can see being made into a full length film...and not in a good way. Although I'll give some points for making the aliens look scary but it tried way too hard. 6/10

I'm watching the first V/H/S for the first time right now. I'm about 20 minutes in and so far I hate all these people.

I really liked the wrap around for VHS 2, I agree with the above mentioned: take the best segments from both films with this wrap-around and we'd have a great feature. Maybe a future fan edit.

I thought Safe Haven and Slumber Party Alien Abduction were the best the rest were large forgettable. The effects we great in Slumber Party Alien Abduction. Safe Haven started slow but built up great. Its probably the only one that would make a great feature length film. There hasn't really been many great cult horror films in recent years. The only one that comes to mind is The Kill List.

The ghosts looked terrible in Phase I Clinical Trials. I thought the make up was weak so it was hard to find it scary when they looked like people in kids Halloween make up some ones mum did. I kind of expected some sort of twist like the deaf girl was also a ghost but there wasn't any.

Last edited:
that scene with the deaf girl was like if someone read my mind. lol

Watched it. Worse than the first. Ugh.

Just watched it. So much better than the first. :up:

I rather enjoyed all the shorts though Safe Haven is the best.

They added this on netflix, I think I'll rewatch it this weekend along with the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"