V/H/S - found footage anthology

I just watched this today actually. Not as good as I expected, but it has some really good scares and WTF?!!! moments. At times it seems cheesey,but it twists and hits you hard turning deeply disturbing without warning. 9/10 want the dvd. :up:

DVD? Oh good I can't wait to hear the commentary on the 3rd segment to figure out if it's aliens or not.

From Tony Moore, creator of "The Walking Dead", comes a comic poster inspired by Radio Silence’s closing segment of 'V/H/S': “10/31/98″!!

To celebrate the release of V/H/S, Magnet Releasing has teamed up with some of the most exciting up-and-coming comic book artists (just as the film has various director segments) to release artwork inspired by the film!

cFF1y.jpg

Saw it a few weeks ago and it didn't live up to the hype. It wasn't bad, but some early reviews were touting this film as some kind of game changer and I didn't see that. The stories in the middle were the weakest, but I thought the bookend stories were fairly good.

Does anyone know if it's likely to get a UK release? Can't seem to see anything anywhere..

I was hoping this would be playing locally but no such luck.

i didn't watch it but the other day they were showing this movie on one of the directv channels. it wasn't on demand either just a regular subscription channel. they aired it back to back. did anyone watch it then?

Yeah I heard they started playing on tv now, that's cool. They played [REC]3 on HDnet movies recently...which btw was so disappointing. :csad:

Finally saw this last night.

I'm a fan of the found footage style of film-making so that was what interested me in the first place. I'm not really big on horror movies though mostly because most recent horror movies suck. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. If it's playing in a theatre near you, definitely go check it out. :up:

Am I the only one who would have still let Lily give me a BJ after all that happened? :ninja:

The Amateur night scene reminded me of Street Blowjobs

Saw it again last night, the first and last tapes are still really good while the other ones had a pretty good build up but the payoff was either ok (Glitch Killer) and the other ones was pretty awful.

Just found out it's on Netflix instant streaming now.

Am I the only one who would have still let Lily give me a BJ after all that happened? :ninja:

So long as she went back to looking human, I would have hit it!

Saw it again last night, the first and last tapes are still really good while the other ones had a pretty good build up but the payoff was either ok (Glitch Killer) and the other ones was pretty awful.

That's exactly how I feel. I didn't care for the
lesbian killers tape.

Was hoping for something more supernatural or monstrous. My favorite is definitely the first.
I knew that something was obviously wrong with the girl when you first see her at the bar due to her weird looks. I was still a tad surprised when she turned into that Gargoyle/Harpy creature. :awesome:

Also, just found this.

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...gore-soaked-first-image-from-vhs-sequel-s-vhs

Last edited:
Gareth Evans is doing a segment? that will be awesome to see. :up:

I'm glad this is getting a sequel.

Was I the only person that found it odd that there was an internet skype conversation on a VHS tape?

Haven't seen this yet. Sounds interesting. Might watch it on Netflix once I get internet again (I'm posting this with my mobile phone).

It gives you somewhat of an idea of the different plots they will use in the movie. I gotta say it's quite interesting. If anyone complained about the overuse of "Dudebro" characters, it looks like they got rid of them.

The Haunted house vid at the end was by far the best.

I liked this but wanted to like it more. The story of the group of guys/shady dudes just didn't have a good finish. It needed something else, so that we as the audience could say "they got what they deserved" but instead it was a let down. What was the point of going and finding all those tapes? Who sent them on this job. Some hints in each tape should have clued us in or something. Anyway the opening story was friggin' awesome! The second story, interesting but felt incomplete. Third story...that was just garbage. The fourth story, weird but decent. 5th story, also awesome but not quite as good as the first.

Think about other horror anthologies though...the ones where we see or hear the stories as told by or told to someone else. There's always that one last bit or scare or something that wraps it up. Tales from The Darkside the movie, Tales from the Hood, it always ends bad for someone...and while VHS' did this, they didn't really give the satisfaction of it if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"