Safety Not Guaranteed

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess the old thread got deleted so I started a new one. Finally saw this amazing film tonight. Definitely one of the best movies of the year. It hits all the right notes... it's funny, it's original, you grow to love all of the characters, and its (possibly) about time travel, so it earns some geek cred.

Mark Duplass completely sheds his cocky League persona here and plays a guy who just might be crazy but you can't help but root for him. Aubrey Plaza seems at first to be doing her usual deadpan routine but also has an incredible character arc that really makes you feel for her and she emerges as a true heroine. Jake Johnson has never been better as the arrogant reporter with another agenda up his sleeve. And Karan Soni is endearing as the sappy nerd along for the ride.

Go see this movie while you still can. It's a great date movie (yet never feels like a rom-com, thank God).

I loved this movie. There are a lot of great surprises that I never really expected to come from a movie like this. It's definitely something fresh for a story that involves the idea of time travel. It's a time travel movie that I'd dreamed about for a long time.

Yeah, it's been a while since we've had a good time travel-themed movie. I think that this one, with time, will gain a cult status and eventually rank up there with Back to the Future and Bill & Ted. It's a shame that it's getting lost among all of the summer blockbusters, but this movie is better than most of those.

How the hell does Duplass make the the time to direct movies, and act in both film and television? Dudes on a roll lately, so I'll check it out when it hits DVD, not playing in my area for some reason.

How the hell does Duplass make the the time to direct movies, and act in both film and television? Dudes on a roll lately, so I'll check it out when it hits DVD, not playing in my area for some reason.

Yeah, Entertainment Weekly did a little feature on Mark Duplass a little while back. The guy's getting a lot of good work done.

I was finally able to see this last night. What an amazing movie!

Resurrecting an old thread, I was browsing Netflix last night for something to watch and came across this, thought I'd give it 10 mins to see what it's like and ended up watching the whole thing. Low budget indie fare for sure, but very enjoyable to watch and it has a lot of heart. Aubrey Plaza and Duplass really drive the whole thing, and as said above Aubrey initially starts out with her deadpan routine but really evolves over the course of the film. Duplass is great, playing a character who you can't quite tell if they're a genius or verging on crazy.

I love that the entire premise of the movie is based on this famous ad which was the subject of many memes, website articles and social media shares once upon a time. And probably still is.

timetravelad_600_302_81_s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"