Sasha Calle is Supergirl

Regardless of what version/incarnation this Supergirl is, I'm hoping her characteristic is one of relative brightness and cheerful optimism. And not the sour/dour/angry route which Supergirl is sometimes depicted as.

Doesn't mean she can't be tough and kickass. And it doesn't mean she has to be bubbly and cheery 24/7. But the Super characters are NOT Batman characters! The S stands for Hope, after all!

It's that. The high collar. The short hair. The pants.

I like the Spider-Man esque suit texture though, but not a fan of the design choices.

She also reminds me of 90s Superboy. He had a similar outfit for a while.

Then I guess its good that she isnt a blonde with long blonde hair. But the two couldn't be anymore different besides a collar.
2b282558039fb896b85aaaec6097f203.jpg

There are some similarities.

But I do think it's amusing that if you remove the \S/ logo, she's basically wearing a Spider-Man halloween costume

susp.png
Sasha-Calle-Supergirl08.jpg

I like the Spider-Man esque suit texture though, but not a fan of the design choices.

The design choices owe a lot to James Acheson and Michael Wilkinson’s designs for Cavill’s suit in MOS. Acheson also designed the costumes for Raimi’s Spider-Man trilogy, hence their costumes having a similar texture.

She could be playing Kara with Kent’s hairstyle, but it would not surprise me if Cavill makes an appearance too.

I like it. The red boots gold trim and all blue costume without the red shoulders counterbalanced by red cape would've been more traditional.

Still, the initial unveiling of the costume seemed to have light reflecting off the upward shaped crescents creating perhaps a golden hue? The S logo having a regal stripe through the middle also seems to evoke a majestic aesthetic.

I am sure it will look great in post. Those abs are probably there for lighting variation post production.

It will be interesting to see if they reference Cavill's Superman in the movie at all. The Kryptonian suits aren't all S matrix anymore texture wise but it really doesn't matter as the suit texture can be anything as is just needed for technical lighting and post production purposes anyway.

Not impressed. Might look better on screen,who knows.

I don't know why they didn't release the Official costume pics of Supergirl, Flash and Keaton's Batman.

I don't know why they didn't release the Official costume pics of Supergirl, Flash and Keaton's Batman.
Presumably, they’ve now learned that lesson in regards to Flash and Batman.

There’s no honor system when it comes to paparazzi set pics. Those are always going to make the rounds, you’ve just gotta get ahead of em.

Because there really is none. If we got the same top with a skirt it'd magically be so different and very SG.

And the blonde hair.

Imagine Superman with a different hair color.

CanineAfraidCassowary-max-1mb.gif

I'll say this. While I'm disappointed we won't be getting the proper Kara Zor-El Supergirl from the comics and all the potential of that character, this Sasha Calle Supergirl reinvention will likely be very popular.

She may even completely steal the show from Ezra Miller's Flash and overshadow him in this.

DC is very, very popular in Latin Countries and Latin America (for whatever reason), and WB/DC seems aware of that. When that audience supports her, she's gonna be huge. This could even become the definitive version of Supergirl, replacing what came before.

And the actress is extremely likeable, while also having a lot of sex appeal:

From a marketing POV, she'll be easy to sell to audiences.

From a comic fan perspective, I'm not a fan of this. But from a corporate perspective, I see WB's rationale here.

Last edited:
And the blonde hair.

Imagine Superman with a different hair color.

CanineAfraidCassowary-max-1mb.gif

I'll say this. While I'm disappointed we won't be getting the proper Kara Zor-El Supergirl from the comics and all the potential of that character, this Sasha Calle Supergirl reinvention will likely be very popular.

She may even completely steal the show from Ezra Miller's Flash and overshadow him in this.

DC is very, very popular in Latin Countries and Latin America (for whatever reason), and WB/DC seems aware of that. When that audience supports her, she's gonna be huge. This could even become the definitive version of Supergirl, replacing what came before.

And the actress is extremely likeable, while also having a lot of sex appeal:

From a marketing POV, she'll be easy to sell to audiences.

From a comic fan perspective, I'm not a fan of this. But from a corporate perspective, I see WB's rationale here.

I have mixed feelings on this, too.

As I've mentioned previously, Supergirl is my favorite comic book heroine. And by Supergirl, I'm referring to the traditional blonde, blue-eyed Kara Zor-El, cousin of Superman. My first proper introduction to the character came from Michael Turner's Supergirl, so that's the version of the character that I know and love.

This image in particular captures not only the look of the character but the spirit that I believe the character should embody, and it is one of my favorite pictures of Supergirl.

28c2dbed5c22d03322c0f15fb8f43ef7.jpg

So, with Sasha's Supergirl looking so different, that's why I would rather she be an entirely different character, with a different name, like Lara Kent. That way, if this new version of Supergirl proves to be popular, she won't replace the traditional Kara Supergirl in the comics and other media. But Flashpoint Lara version could exist alongside Kara Zor-El as her own character with her own comic line, merchandise, etc.

The last thing I want is for DC to gradually replace any trace of the traditional blonde, blue-eyed Kara Zor-El that I know and love with this new version due to popularity or to appeal to a certain region or demographic. Because then I would come to resent this new Flashpoint Supergirl, no matter how cool or popular she becomes.

Last edited:
DC hasn't replaced Aquaman with one morw geared towards looking like Jason Momoa or a Canary more like Jurnee.

Kara will be fine outside of the movie. She'll retain her classic golden locks and blue eyes.

DC is having a tendency to replace all their blonde characters for film. Aquaman, Flash, now Supergirl.

Harley Quinn, stay as you are lol

I have mixed feelings on this, too.

As I've mentioned previously, Supergirl is my favorite comic book heroine. And by Supergirl, I'm referring to the traditional blonde, blue-eyed Kara Zor-El, cousin of Superman. My first proper introduction to the character came from Michael Turner's Supergirl, so that's the version of the character that I know and love.

This image in particular captures not only the look of the character but the spirit that I believe the character should embody, and it is one of my favorite pictures of Supergirl.

28c2dbed5c22d03322c0f15fb8f43ef7.jpg

So, with Sasha's Supergirl looking so different, that's why I would rather she be an entirely different character, with a different name, like Lara Kent. That way, if this new version of Supergirl proves to be popular, she won't replace the traditional Kara Supergirl in the comics and other media. But Flashpoint Lara version could exist alongside Kara Zor-El as her own character with her own comic line, merchandise, etc.

The last thing I want is for DC to gradually replace any trace of the traditional blonde, blue-eyed Kara Zor-El that I know and love with this new version due to popularity or to appeal to a certain region or demographic. Because then I would come to resent this new Flashpoint Supergirl, no matter how cool or popular she becomes.

That version you posted of Kara (the Post-Crisis 2000s version) would have been the best one to adapt.

The character is actually fascinating and quite different from Superman.

She's a Kryptonian Teenager (raised on Krypton) and then forced to 'come of age' among highschool teenagers on Earth. It lends itself to a lot of commentary, being a 'fish out of water' amidst the current generation of Zoomers and Gen Alphas, and their weird Tiktok culture. The irony of an alien exposing how 'alien' our culture has become.

She also lacks Clark's mid-western moral upbringing, which lends to a lot of cool conflict and moral gray areas that she has to work through, as she has to learn all these things without the Kents having raised her. Identity struggle is a big thing for the character, and a good proxy for recent immigrants to a new country, who have to acclimate their old values with their new home.

So much potential for a great film series with Kara Zor-El.

That version you posted of Kara (the Post-Crisis 2000s version) would have been the best one to adapt.

The character is actually fascinating and quite different from Superman.

She's a Kryptonian Teenager (raised on Krypton) and then forced to 'come of age' among highschool teenagers on Earth. It lends itself to a lot of commentary, being a 'fish out of water' amidst the current generation of Zoomers and Gen Alphas, and their weird Tiktok culture. The irony of an alien exposing how 'alien' our culture has become.

She also lacks Clark's mid-western moral upbringing, which lends to a lot of cool conflict and moral gray areas that she has to work through, as she has to learn all these things without the Kents having raised her. Identity struggle is a big thing for the character, and a good proxy for recent immigrants to a new country, who have to acclimate their old values with their new home.

So much potential for a great film series with Kara Zor-El.
Yes! I love that! That's the kind of Supergirl character and story that I want to read and see.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"