Sasha Calle is Supergirl

DC hasn't replaced Aquaman with one morw geared towards looking like Jason Momoa or a Canary more like Jurnee.

Kara will be fine outside of the movie. She'll retain her classic golden locks and blue eyes.

They made Aquaman look like Jason Momoa in the comics . Not all comics that is, but several were that look was aped.

I think they're also going to introduce Barbra Gordon (Batgirl) in this ? Since her solo movie (with Keaton) is going to be made before Sasha Calle's Supergirl.

They made Aquaman look like Jason Momoa in the comics . Not all comics that is, but several were that look was aped.

He's a white guy, blonde hair. Only difference is they gave him tattoos. Apart from that, Aquaman has done this look in the 90s, long before Jason took on the role.

He's a white guy, blonde hair. Only difference is they gave him tattoos. Apart from that, Aquaman has done this look in the 90s, long before Jason took on the role.

I read those 90s comics when they came out. My point was that they altered Aquamans appearance after the film. Its not a stretch to think they would DO something similar with Supergirl. Especially since DC Comics themselves are in weird state as a company.

I have mixed feelings on this, too.

As I've mentioned previously, Supergirl is my favorite comic book heroine. And by Supergirl, I'm referring to the traditional blonde, blue-eyed Kara Zor-El, cousin of Superman. My first proper introduction to the character came from Michael Turner's Supergirl, so that's the version of the character that I know and love.

This image in particular captures not only the look of the character but the spirit that I believe the character should embody, and it is one of my favorite pictures of Supergirl.

28c2dbed5c22d03322c0f15fb8f43ef7.jpg

So, with Sasha's Supergirl looking so different, that's why I would rather she be an entirely different character, with a different name, like Lara Kent. That way, if this new version of Supergirl proves to be popular, she won't replace the traditional Kara Supergirl in the comics and other media. But Flashpoint Lara version could exist alongside Kara Zor-El as her own character with her own comic line, merchandise, etc.

The last thing I want is for DC to gradually replace any trace of the traditional blonde, blue-eyed Kara Zor-El that I know and love with this new version due to popularity or to appeal to a certain region or demographic. Because then I would come to resent this new Flashpoint Supergirl, no matter how cool or popular she becomes.
I absolutely agree with you. Also, Turner's art there is glorious.

I read those 90s comics when they came out. My point was that they altered Aquamans appearance after the film. Its not a stretch to think they would DO something similar with Supergirl. Especially since DC Comics themselves are in weird state as a company.

Yes but the point is that they didnt do anything drastically apart from the tattoos. What will happen to Kara? Upgrade to pants or a haircut? She'll still remain blonde/blue eyed as the Kara we know.

Yes but the point is that they didnt do anything drastically apart from the tattoos. What will happen to Kara? Upgrade to pants or a haircut? She'll still remain blonde/blue eyed as the Kara we know.

We dont even know if she is Kara at this point.
We only know she is Supergirl...which one we dont even know.
We have no idea if this is Flashpoint Kara or Lara or if she is Kara from the new main universe.

So i dont really see a huge deal at the moment.
Unless we know more, its rather pointless to whine about her look i feel.

But i would like it if people would be more consistent when they "care" about comic accuracy and when not.
A joker that paints his hair green and face white isnt really comic accurate etc.

So many people are already complaining about this costume and everything... I just don't get the hate already for this lol.

So many people are already complaining about this costume and everything... I just don't get the hate already for this lol.

You dont get that comicbook fans want the iconic visuals that they like from THE comics ?

The Flash ring on the wrong finger bugs me more. :o

You dont get that comicbook fans want the iconic visuals that they like from THE comics ?

Oh dont give me that.
As if they cared that much so far.
Be it nolan Or snyder or anybody Else.

I mean ****, drax skin is in the comics Green But i havent seen marvel Fans Lose it over this top much.
But here we are at dc and people whine because supergirl isnt blonde.
Ignoring how god damn accurate she looks to the injustice Version they might go for in the first place.

This is really nothing. This is tame.

Look back at the vitriolic forum discussions for when Brandon Routh's Superman suit was revealed in 2005...

And that was far less Elseworlds in design than 'Supergirl INO' here.

Well, if she is indeed playing Lara Lane Kent, it's actually very accurate to the comics.

If she is playing Kara... then I get why people would be upset.

It looks like it's pointing torwards her playing Lara, although not confirmed. The creator of Lara seems to think that it is his version.

It's not confirmed to be Kara, is why I'm really confused people already completely thrashing it lol.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Drax, MCU version or otherwise. Supergirl's look specifically matters to me. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I would like to see Kara in (good) movies with that traditional look.

If this isn't Kara, then it doesn't bother me that she has a different look, but I also don't have that interest in seeing this version. Plus if they continue with her beyond the Flash movie it's a waste of time in my opinion since they could be using the real Supergirl.

I'm a big fan of the look. I don't have my heart set on it being Kara, and even if it were, I'd be relieved they didn't just throw her into a blonde wig. I have a fairly Elseworlds attitude about it. Much love to the blue feet, bootless look.

Well, if she is indeed playing Lara Lane Kent, it's actually very accurate to the comics.

If she is playing Kara... then I get why people would be upset.

It looks like it's pointing torwards her playing Lara, although not confirmed. The creator of Lara seems to think that it is his version.

It's not confirmed to be Kara, is why I'm really confused people already completely thrashing it lol.

Even if it's Lara, the fact that they would go with that version is disappointing in and of itself.

This is going to be the definitive live-action Supergirl for the mainstream masses... for this generation. There's no way around that. The general audiences' introduction to the character.. And it's going to be an obscure Elseworlds version that appeared in one random comic?

Seems like wasted potential to throw Kara Zor-El under the bus.

Personally, I couldn't care less about Drax, MCU version or otherwise. Supergirl's look specifically matters to me. It's not the end of the world or anything, but I would like to see Kara in (good) movies with that traditional look.

If this isn't Kara, then it doesn't bother me that she has a different look, but I also don't have that interest in seeing this version. Plus if they continue with her beyond the Flash movie it's a waste of time in my opinion since they could be using the real Supergirl.

Yeah. With Z-list nobodies like 'Guardians of the Galaxy'... there's room for reinvention and drastic changes. Same with Eternals.

Supergirl has gotta be one of DC's top 5 popular female characters. So much so that the character got a (terrible) major motion picture already in the 80s. She's a DC big gun.

Well, I guess I'll wait and see how the story unfolds as to why they would possibly use Lara Kent over Kara. If it makes sense, then it's all good to me.

Definitive live action Supergirl? I hope it's that good to have that title lol.

Definitive live action Supergirl? I hope it's that good to have that title lol.

Well there's no real competition. So that's why. For all intents and purposes, this is Supergirl's big debut in a modern-day theatrical picture.

The Slater version is forgotten and obscure. The CW Tv versions will be forgotten pretty fast, and were only known to a niche, shrinking audience.

It's kind of like how Momoa has become the definitive live action Aquaman by default. The general public at large doesn't care about Alan Ritchson or Justin Hartley (as Aquaman at least.. he's a big hit on his current TV series with the mainstream).

What's even more interesting here... this character could be less "Supergirl" ... and more fully-formed adult "Superwoman." This could be how WB addresses the removal of Henry Cavill, by putting this new 'Super' character in the DCEU as his replacement.

Meh, not a fan of this look for Supergirl (hair or the suit design.). I don't know what version of Supergirl she is supposed to be, hopefully, it's not Kara (but that will also be a bummer since it's only Supergirl I care about). Obviously, the look isn't everything, characterization is very important and can overcome most design choices.

We dont even know if she is Kara at this point.
We only know she is Supergirl...which one we dont even know.
We have no idea if this is Flashpoint Kara or Lara or if she is Kara from the new main universe.

So i dont really see a huge deal at the moment.
Unless we know more, its rather pointless to whine about her look i feel.

But i would like it if people would be more consistent when they "care" about comic accuracy and when not.
A joker that paints his hair green and face white isnt really comic accurate etc.

It's all speculation, we know. There are those freaking out about the impact this has if it is her and itll have nothing major in the comics.

Even if it's Lara, the fact that they would go with that version is disappointing in and of itself.

This is going to be the definitive live-action Supergirl for the mainstream masses... for this generation. There's no way around that. The general audiences' introduction to the character.. And it's going to be an obscure Elseworlds version that appeared in one random comic?

Seems like wasted potential to throw Kara Zor-El under the bus.

Yeah. With Z-list nobodies like 'Guardians of the Galaxy'... there's room for reinvention and drastic changes. Same with Eternals.

Supergirl has gotta be one of DC's top 5 popular female characters. So much so that the character got a (terrible) major motion picture already in the 80s. She's a DC big gun.

Supergirl the tv series has already been the definitive version. She's been streamed by hundreds of millions of people. It may air on CW but it's on Netflix around the world.

Supergirl the tv series has already been the definitive version. She's been streamed by hundreds of millions of people. It may air on CW but it's on Netflix around the world.

And how's it's viewership on streaming? Because it bled it's core audience away into cancellation.

One cinematic film marketed to mainstream audiences and mass movie goers will easily eclipse a niche CW show that's doomed to be forgotten a few months after it ends this year.

And how's it's viewership on streaming? Because it bled it's core audience away into cancellation.

One cinematic film marketed to mainstream audiences and mass movie goers will easily eclipse a niche CW show that's doomed to be forgotten a few months after it ends this year.

Oh you mean when Melissas contract came up, she just had a baby and doesnt enjoy being based out Vancouver?

Or the fact that you forget that Supergirl has been around 6 years, is shown on Netflix AROUND THE WORLD, and the Arrowverse brings in over 1billion a year. The Arrowverse shows perform extremly on streaming but you can try to downplay it all you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"